• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #4 Maryland @ Nebrasketball -- 7:30 CST on BTN

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not as bad as our record indicates.

Unfortunately we waited until a couple weeks ago to start playing basketball.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as bad as it looked for us with all the blocks......we played damn near as good as we could.

If we face that Maryland team at any point in the Big 10 Tourney, we're going down in a big way.

Trying to play Duke basketball with midgets.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to play Duke basketball with midgets.

I honestly don't see any comparison in our attempted style to Duke's style in any way, shape or form.

To me we look like a vintage Doc Sadler squad, just with some better players.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing is, I see us as more of a poor man's Michigan State.

But somehow we beat them. Go figure.

We're almost as weird at basketball as we are at football.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't see any comparison in our attempted style to Duke's style in any way, shape or form.

To me we look like a vintage Doc Sadler squad, just with some better players.

If you say so. I see similarities but I should just stick to football.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing is, I see us as more of a poor man's Michigan State.

But somehow we beat them. Go figure.

We're almost as weird at basketball as we are at football.

We're just straight up weird. This sucks ass.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've become the Browns. "Why can't we win?" I don't know just SUCK LESS.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say so. I see similarities but I should just stick to football.

I know far more about Football than I do Basketball. Though I watch quite a bit of Basketball.

Mainly when I see Duke play I see a team that has capable guards. They never seem to have the awkward Shavon Shields type of guy, which our Offense revolves around.

As good as Shavon translates for us, he is an awkward player who just uses his body really well. He is more of a forward than he is a guard. He's just kind of an odd fit at this level, and I think it makes us a really weird team.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know far more about Football than I do Basketball. Though I watch quite a bit of Basketball.

Mainly when I see Duke play I see a team that has capable guards. They never seem to have the awkward Shavon Shields type of guy, which our Offense revolves around.

As good as Shavon translates for us, he is an awkward player who just uses his body really well. He is more of a forward than he is a guard. He's just kind of an odd fit at this level, and I think it makes us a really weird team.

We don't and haven't had fluid basketball players for a long time. Glynn Watson might be that, but he's got some growing to do

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Maryland was turning it over left and right in the first half, the Huskers couldn't buy a bucket.

The only way to beat a team that's better than you and playing like shit in any sport is to pounce on them early and get a big lead. Hope that by the time they wake up, it's too late.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Maryland was turning it over left and right in the first half, the Huskers couldn't buy a bucket.

The only way to beat a team that's better than you and playing like shit in any sport is to pounce on them early and get a big lead. Hope that by the time they wake up, it's too late.

I don't think you're giving the Huskers enough credit for forcing those turnovers.

We were playing some outstanding Defense in that 1st half and Maryland hadn't see anything like that all season. They buckled, and it showed at the FT line as they uncharacteristically missed FT's throughout that game.

They played bad is just as much as we played good on Defense.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're giving the Huskers enough credit for forcing those turnovers.

We were playing some outstanding Defense in that 1st half and Maryland hadn't see anything like that all season. They buckled, and it showed at the FT line as they uncharacteristically missed FT's throughout that game.

They played bad is just as much as we played good on Defense.

They still need to capitalize on it by making their own shots. They needed to put Maryland in a big hole when they had the chance. They never did.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still need to capitalize on it by making their own shots. They needed to put Maryland in a big hole when they had the chance. They never did.

I agree completely. I just feel as though Maryland didn't play "bad."

I feel like we played pretty good Defensively, and Maryland played pretty good overall. And that was the difference. We brought the heat tonight.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Miles gets everything he can out of his players. We need a big .an down low. And we also need to get rebounds. I think they will come hand in hand with a decent big man. I hate close losses more then anything.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a big man. Period. It has never been more obvious than against Purdue and Maryland. I don't think this team is that far off, but they MUST recruit a big man, or 4.

Need to win out the rest of the way to sniff the NCAA which, 8-0 is probably impossible. 6-2 I could see but only if they play their best ball. 6-2 the rest of the way puts them at 10-8 in conference and 18-13 overall. Win a game or 2 in B1G tourney and there's a glimpse of hope.

Realistically....I see 4-4