• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #4 Kansas vs #7 Kentucky | 9:30 EST | ESPN

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few notes from what I saw tonight:

Kentucky looked the worst I've ever seen an early season UK team look under Cal in the first half, then turned it around. I'm happy they kept it close, cause I was expecting a blowout. A big one. Nick Richards is flat out terrible, 3 games in. Swap his minutes with Killeya-Jones', and I think things will get a lot better there.

Hamidou Diallo and Kevin Knox seem to be the two guys who will lead the charge offensively this season, and I am completely okay with that as long as Knox remains the #1 option.

Overall, LOTS of improvements need to be made. Defense, turnovers, REBOUNDING, the likes. I wouldn't say I expect the team to be "great" by March, but they will be really, really good by then. Here's hoping at least.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calipari needs to work on trust, chemistry, and team building with his guys. They're not a team yet, just a collection of players, it seems to me

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calipari needs to work on trust, chemistry, and team building with his guys. They're not a team yet, just a collection of players, it seems to me
Agreed. They don't pass the ball very well, and don't seem to trust each other. Knox and Diallo are the only real aggressors I've seen so far this season that have been consistent. Killeya-Jones is up there as well.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I couldn't agree more...

That alone gives me a lot of hope for this team because KU is a great team with an excellent mix of talent and experience.

UK fought hard and had a chance to win the game. I don't say this often because I hate to see them get beat but I believe a loss last night will more helpful than had they won the game. Just my opinion.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State got an unlucky draw this year, because from what I saw, they were clearly the second best team in the champions classic this year. Both Kansas and Kentucky have a lot of work to do.

No doubt, UK and KU are some of the most likely squads in the country to improve, but Duke and Michigan State played final four level basketball last night, and have just as much time to improve.

As of right now, based on the performances I saw last night, i'd estimate about a sweet sixteen year for both UK and KU.