• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was up in Columbus watching games 3 and 4 while waiting to see my sister-in-law graduate from Ohio State, and all I can say is that we need help. I don't want to blow things up, we Horford and Teague need to go. Splash the cash for Whiteside, and get some more gritty players that aren't afraid of contact.

Until then...we'll will repeat this next year....

Good luck Cavs

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed how well the cavs have played these first two rounds.

Still going to get their asses kicked by whoever comes out of the West though!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is this myth that the Hawks and Coach Bud can replicate the Spurs.

The Spurs roster is nearly entirely made up of draftees. ALL their star players outside of Aldridge were drafted.

Right now the Hawks don't have a SINGLE star player. Simply opening up the checkbook is not what attracts free agents.

Most don't show up unless there is a great coach, city, or player already in place. Most free agents need to believe they can win in a new city, and I don't think ATL offers that as currently constructed.

I don't see any star players moving to Atlanta. I think a guy like Jimmy Butler would be a good fit, but you'll never see a guy like Durant coming to the Hawks.....not with this team.

They've got to figure out how to draft better.....and STOP letting young talent leave to overpay old veterans that can't get it done.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh geez...i had a buffalo chicken wrap fordi nner last night and was having some atrocious gas this morning...

i had 4 boxes of files in my cube going through a clients documents for production and this poor secretary came into my cube to get some docs from the boxes right after i cut loose some bad ones and was searching through the boxes right at chair-level....ughhh...lol....not good...not good for anyone!

Nice. Years ago, I worked in merchandising in grocery stores. Anytime I had gas, I'd go crop dust a couple of so-workers who were busy talking and working on the same section. Then I'd go to the next aisle over and listen to them blame each other.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without Bosh and Whiteside the Heat ALMOST can understand how hard it is to lose players like Irving and Love.....

Good for curry winning the MVP...he deserved it without a doubt...a truly historic season.

question for ya though....if you put LeBron ont he Sixers next year or Curry...which team wins more games? I think 90% of people would say LeBron's Sixers...

Question for you.
If James was on the Warriors ( with no Curry), are they winning more then 73 regular season games?

I highly doubt it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is that many assume that Kyrie + Love automatically improve the Cavs more than the Warriors improved from last season to this season. I simply don't believe that to be true. The Warriors are a lot better when healthy.

Also, the Cavs are getting along today, but when happens when some real adversity hits? Trouble is, we may not see that until the Finals. They would be best served by being pushed to the brink by one of the East teams. Not sure that will happen.
genius.