• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4/8 Opening Day Fish @ Big Boys

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, a few observations from the yard today:

1. It was awesome to see the place full. Concession lines were awful, but it was good to see everyone there.
2. Bartbomb, Capbomb, Tybomb...on pace for 486 HRs -- all solo shots.
3. Baserunning was not good. In addition to the Doobie runfuckery, we had Ruf picked off second by the catcher. Never good.
4. The umps were bad. The CS was wrong and on appeal they failed to correct it. Then there was a blown call at 1b that was unchallenged and later another blown call at 1b that got overturned. Umpjackery at its worst.
5. Webb brilliant, Leone bad, Doval very bad. Every other pitcher good.
6. I thought we were losing Webb to the IL when he tumbled on that infield hit.
7. How many phuking infield hits did the Fish have? Seemed like about six.
8. TyRo is a mixed bag defensively. Great play to spin and get a fast runner but he threw away a DP ball. Good thing he can hit.

Sorry about the GDT...I'll do better.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball has to try new shit. And presumably if another two way guy emerges it will help them too
We haven’t had a legit one in the last 100 years, but sure, we might have another in the next season or two.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought it was "wrapped up like a douche," but I'm probably just crazy.
That’s what EVERYONE hears. That’s what he sings. It isn’t what the lyrics sheet says, but that is what he sings.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fish are fast and we had Thigh-Row and Flowers in the field. And an extreme ground ball pitcher on the bump.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, a few observations from the yard today:

1. It was awesome to see the place full. Concession lines were awful, but it was good to see everyone there.
2. Bartbomb, Capbomb, Tybomb...on pace for 486 HRs -- all solo shots.
3. Baserunning was not good. In addition to the Doobie runfuckery, we had Ruf picked off second by the catcher. Never good.
4. The umps were bad. The CS was wrong and on appeal they failed to correct it. Then there was a blown call at 1b that was unchallenged and later another blown call at 1b that got overturned. Umpjackery at its worst.
5. Webb brilliant, Leone bad, Doval very bad. Every other pitcher good.
6. I thought we were losing Webb to the IL when he tumbled on that infield hit.
8. TyRo is a mixed bag defensively. Great play to spin and get a fast runner but he threw away a DP ball. Good thing he can hit.

Sorry about the GDT...I'll do better.
Maybe cal does the GDTs until the Giants lose a game?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course it's a cover of a Springsteen song.

I don't think Springsteen liked our Blinded by the Light, 'cos we sang 'wrapped up like a douche', and it wasn't written like that and I screwed it up completely. It sounded like 'douche' instead of 'deuce', 'cos of the technical process – a faulty azimuth due to tape-head angles, and it meant we couldn't remix it.

Warners in America said, 'You've got to change 'douche', 'cos the Southern Bible belt radio stations think it's about a vaginal douche, and they have problems with body parts down there.' We tried to change it to 'deuce' but then the rest of the track sounded horrible, so we had to leave it. We just said, 'If it's not a hit, it's not.'

But in the end, it was No.1 in America, and so many people came up to us after and said, 'You know why it made No. 1?... Everyone was talking about whether it was deuce or douche.' Apparently Springsteen thought we'd done it deliberately, which we hadn't, so if I ever saw him I'd avoid him and cringe away like a frightened little boy.

— Manfred Mann, Record Collector interview (August 2006),

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has he signed some kind of agreement with BART yet? It is a no-brainer, isn’t it?
Agreed. Can't be too long before they have a BART train leaving the station on the scoreboard at Oracle when he goes yard.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Springsteen liked our Blinded by the Light, 'cos we sang 'wrapped up like a douche', and it wasn't written like that and I screwed it up completely. It sounded like 'douche' instead of 'deuce', 'cos of the technical process – a faulty azimuth due to tape-head angles, and it meant we couldn't remix it.

Warners in America said, 'You've got to change 'douche', 'cos the Southern Bible belt radio stations think it's about a vaginal douche, and they have problems with body parts down there.' We tried to change it to 'deuce' but then the rest of the track sounded horrible, so we had to leave it. We just said, 'If it's not a hit, it's not.'

But in the end, it was No.1 in America, and so many people came up to us after and said, 'You know why it made No. 1?... Everyone was talking about whether it was deuce or douche.' Apparently Springsteen thought we'd done it deliberately, which we hadn't, so if I ever saw him I'd avoid him and cringe away like a frightened little boy.

— Manfred Mann, Record Collector interview (August 2006),
Worst cover of all time. The original was hip and cool and fresh and creative, from a very underrated album.

The MMEB was so obnoxiously dumbed down so as to be targeted to brain damaged imbeciles. For God's sake, they even used Chopsticks as an instrumental break.