• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 4/8/16 Sox didn't lose, Padres didn't score,Yanks win :(

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp Mother Nature cancels yet another Red Sox game...

Padres didn't play nor did they score

Yankees came back to win....

Happy Friday

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres sign James Loney

Thursday afternoon, the Dodgers saw their shutout streak snapped at 31 innings. That is one inning shy of longest shutout streak to a start a season in baseball history. The record is held by the 1963 Cardinals. Los Angeles lost their first game of 2016 on Thursday (SF 12, LA 6). Here is a recap of Thursday's news from around the league.

ROSTER MOVES & TRANSACTIONS

Angels: Called up RHP Nick Tropeano from Triple-A, the team announced. He will replace the injured LHP Andrew Heaney in the rotation.

Astros: Signed Cuban SS Anibal Sierra to a $3.5 million deal (ESPN Deportes) ... Designated RHP Danny Reynolds for assignment, the team announced. The move clears a roster spot for RHP Chris Devenski, who was called up to help the bullpen.

Braves: Planning to call up RHP Jhoulys Chacin next week. (Atlanta Journal Constitution)

Dodgers: Signed RHP Sam LeCure to a minor league contract, the team announced.

Orioles: Acquired LHP Jayson Aquino from the Cardinals for cash considerations, the club announced.

Padres: Signed 1B James Loney to a minor league contract. He would give them the flexibility to move 1B/OF Wil Myers back to the outfield, or even trade him for prospects. (MLB Network)

INJURY UPDATES

Astros: RHP Lance McCullers Jr. (shoulder) will begin a rehab assignment Monday. (MLB.com)

Blue Jays: 3B Josh Donaldson (calf) could return to the lineup Friday (Sportsnet) ... OFMichael Saunders (hamstring) is also hoping to return to the lineup Friday. (Sportsnet)

Cubs: C/OF Kyle Schwarber had to be carted off the field following an outfield collision. He suffered a sprained left ankle. X-rays were negative, but he is going for an MRI Friday ... UTIL Javier Baez (thumb) has been held out of minor league rehab games as a precaution after being hit in the head with a pitch earlier this week. He will not return Monday as originally expected. (Chicago Sun-Times)

Dodgers: C Yasmani Grandal (forearm) and 2B Howie Kendrick (calf) started rehab assignments Thursday (Los Angeles Times) ... UTIL Alex Guerrero (knee) has not yet been cleared to resume baseball activities. (Los Angeles Times)

Indians: OF Michael Brantley (shoulder surgery) will soon join the team's Triple-A affiliate to begin a rehab assignment. (MLB.com)

Orioles: OF Adam Jones is dealing oblique tightness and was held out of the lineup Thursday. (Fox Sports)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds: RHP Homer Bailey (Tommy John surgery) pitched two innings in a simulated game Thursday (MLB.com) ... LHB John Lamb (back) threw two innings in a simulated game Wednesday (Cincinnati Enquirer) ... RHP Jon Moscot (intercostal) made a minor league rehab appearance Thursday. (Cincinnati Enquirer)

Red Sox: RHP Carson Smith (forearm) will throw off a mound Sunday. (MLB.com)

NEWS & RUMORS

Astros: Have offered free agent LHP Wandy Rodriguez a roster spot on their Triple-A team. (MLB.com)

Mets: Received their 2015 NL Championship rings Thursday.

Red Sox: Manager John Farrell acknowledged the team may send OF Rusney Castillo to Triple-A at some point so he can get regular playing time. (Boston Herald)

White Sox: Had limited edition hats designed by Chance The Rapper. The team is trying to draw interest from younger fans.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the big letters above ^^

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I hate about baseball is the afternoon games on work days.

Going to miss the Yanks/Tigers. Sucks

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I hate about baseball is the afternoon games on work days.

Going to miss the Yanks/Tigers. Sucks

I don't get why they do afternoon games during the week

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well outside of the Cubs, most afternoon games during the week usually take place only on getaway days which does make sense even though hate it. Today is an exception because its the Tigers home opener so I understand it

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well outside of the Cubs, most afternoon games during the week usually take place only on getaway days which does make sense even though hate it. Today is an exception because its the Tigers home opener so I understand it

True, but it seems like all this weeks games have been "afternoon" games... and those aren't travel days

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but it seems like all this weeks games have been "afternoon" games... and those aren't travel days

True. It's stupid IMO especially when it's not in the summer. Kids are still in school so good luck having good crowds at these games

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. It's stupid IMO especially when it's not in the summer. Kids are still in school so good luck having good crowds at these games

especially when it's crappy weather.. Though perhaps thats why they didn't have night games

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Usually I think they're getaway games.

I like them. I'll either listen to them on the radio, or if I'm really interested, I'll turn MLB.tv on in the background.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get why they don't avoid scheduling games in non-indoor parks in the north during the early weeks of the season. Is that so fucking hard to figure out?

Indians opened the season in Cleveland, and play today in Chicago. Fuckin' mooks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually I think they're getaway games.

I like them. I'll either listen to them on the radio, or if I'm really interested, I'll turn MLB.tv on in the background.

I can't do that unfortunately. I actually only hate 1 PM EST starts. Yesterday for example since I finish work at 430, I was able to get home in time to see the game from the 6th inning

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't do that unfortunately. I actually only hate 1 PM EST starts. Yesterday for example since I finish work at 430, I was able to get home in time to see the game from the 6th inning

I can understand your dislike.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love day games... But I will admit, I prefer those day games not to be the Yankees, so I can watch the game... But baseball being played when I am at work, makes work go faster, as I have a desk job and able to follow games...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love day games... But I will admit, I prefer those day games not to be the Yankees, so I can watch the game... But baseball being played when I am at work, makes work go faster, as I have a desk job and able to follow games...

Shit. Given the fact that I've got a ball and chain, two kids and a dog at home, it's almost easier for me to follow games at the office.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a desk job but I'm on the phone all day so can't really listen to the radio. Usually just follow on ESPN or CBS

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have MLB.tv access on my phone and computer at work. I get my money's worth. :)

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have MLB.tv access on my phone and computer at work. I get my money's worth. :)

Yep. That's the best entertainment value on earth.

Sometime on a weekend night, I'll get the kids to sleep and geek out - six games on at once, one on TV, four on laptop (mlb.tv's splitscreen) and one on iPad.