• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4/22 - 4/24 Rangers @ Angels Thread

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wasn't sure what it was, but I know Houston was compensated in some way

Didn't know that ... thanks Al and JTA. Am sure that was to compensate them for the move to the AL ... not the ALW though.

SEA, OAK and LAA might beef about games starting at 5pmPT when their teams are playing @TEX or @HOU ... but they benefit from those games getting to their ultimate moments between 7:30-8pm PT right in the heart of prime time.

TEX and HOU are not compensated for TV market audience drops for having to play all but the first hour outside prime time in roughly 28 division away games.

The other challenge that TEX and HOU have to deal with is the example of TEX having to play a late game in LAA and then fly to MIN for a normal CT game tonight. Why didn't last night's game get an earlier start ~5pmPT?

TEX is the big draw when it comes to town. Start times on get away day/night need to reflect what is best for the visitor and their subsequent game the next night rather than LAA's TV audience ... who probably turned the channel after the 4th inning anyway ... like their fans left the park. (Rant)

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't sure what it was, but I know Houston was compensated in some way

I'm to lazy to look it up so I'm just going on memory, but I'm pretty sure that was the amount. Not sure if the money went to the owner or the club, though.

RangerDanger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in all honesty, though i hate the late start times on the west coast would you really want us competing with detroit and chicago for the division ?

ill stay in the west lol

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in all honesty, though i hate the late start times on the west coast would you really want us competing with detroit and chicago for the division ?

ill stay in the west lol

Why wouldn't we want to compete with Detroit and Chicago?

RangerDanger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't we want to compete with Detroit and Chicago?
you would? i would say the white sox and tigers would be more of a pain than the lowly angels and annoying a's... just saying,,,

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you would? i would say the white sox and tigers would be more of a pain than the lowly angels and annoying a's... just saying,,,

I think we have a team that can win in any division. The tigers haven't exactly been tearing things up so far. They've got a nice 1-2 combo in Verlander and Scherzer and a great offense but they have an awful defense and the back of their rotation is pretty weak.

The white sox aren't any scarier than any other .500 team in baseball.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a team that can win in any division. The tigers haven't exactly been tearing things up so far. They've got a nice 1-2 combo in Verlander and Scherzer and a great offense but they have an awful defense and the back of their rotation is pretty weak.

The white sox aren't any scarier than any other .500 team in baseball.

Anibal Sanchez and Fister (when healthy) are pretty good

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing that is seldon considered by most outside of our division and a lot of fans of our division is the grind associated with travel. Cut down on travel and I think it would make a huge difference in player performance. Another thing is, that no matter what division they put the Rangers in they will be competitive or the FO will make adjustments to be competitive.