• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4/21/13 Madres @ CHAMPS

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WIN!!

White-people-dancing-Conan.gif

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate that you are filling in for GP in his absence, but this just serves as a constant reminder that he is AWOL...

:(

Yeah I carried it on assuming he would return once games started. It's been awhile now though....

But at least it means we are winning.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tzill 4-0
Filo 1-0
SFGiantsRBest 1-0
DK7000 3-1
GiantsPackers 2-1
Cal 1-1
ColinColby 0-0
EpicVoid 0-0
EricSmith 0-0
GP 0-0
Heath 0-0
IHateDodgers 0-0
Marco 0-0
MSG 0-0
Freeport22 0-1
Mays-Fan 0-1
Stokes 0-2

And someone is moving up in the standings. Well done!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice.

I think I remember writing that the Giants were absolutely done after losing the first two to the Reds.

Of course, I could be remembering this wrong. ;)

Well done. A couple of weeks ago I would have repped this!

It's been a great season: lose our closer, lose our roider, Doyers spend more money than many 3rd world countries do on grain, and our team overcomes adversity and finishes 1st. Posey with the MVP season...I could go on.

But this thing is ovah. I'll root them on like crazy on Tuesday and beyond, but for once Nolan would be correct... This team ain't gonna recover from this. :(

I don't think you misremembered.....

:ballchain:

:hockeysmile:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you misremembered.....

:ballchain:

:hockeysmile:

You are a gasturd for finding this!

At least Cal will believe me now: I was, shall we say, quite a female dog in my assessment of the Giants' chances going forward. Very happy the team made me look bad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least Cal will believe me now: I was, shall we say, quite a female dog in my assessment of the Giants' chances going forward. Very happy the team made me look bad.

At least you stuck with the team. As I recall, I bailed on the series pretty early, and as I abandoned posting, or even watching, they kept winning. Causality? QED!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was just as bad, I was raging like a lunatic that they were toast after that game 2, and why not? You had to then go to their house to win 3 in a row, they looked so much more dominant. I blamed it on short sample size or whatever but I had very little hope.

Baseball is crazy like that. Thank jeebus for Preacher Pence.

We talked about this before but isn't it crazy how the smallest thing and it all changes? If Rolen doesn't misplay that ball, we get swept and everyone wonders why we didn't have 'what it takes' and that we shoulda brought back Cabrera and we probably make a bunch of roster moves. Instead he does misplay it, we get on a roll, and we decide to just send the same team out there this year because they are 2 time champs.

And of course as fans we'd now be all snakebit, wondering if 2010 was it for us, etc. Instead we think heck we can win another 1 or 2!

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherrypicking?

I knew tracking the GDT records would morf into some weird shit...

:L

oh absolutely

I don't think I have the cajones to GDT a Timmy in 90+ degree heat just yet.

* this wasn't me claiming Vogey's start vs the Dbacks. I don't get to post as much as I'd like to and don't want to hold up the board for tomorrow's start

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he has, what, 4 steals already (with 5 all of last year).

Love the speed on this team.

You know what the price of a 5 tool player is these days? (Not saying Pence is great at all 5 tools but SB numbers have to play a role in contract negotiations)

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the shine on Tulo has dulled a bit. He will need to GREATLY outplay Craw to beat him in the voting, I think.

Of course, this assumes that they still allow Internet voting and that silicon valley again decides they want to flex their nerd-muscles.

Got the fan and manager vote on his side

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: That Method commercial is only surpassed in my book by the Giants Animal House spot. Laugh every time.

The giants commercials and the Posey Toyota ones have been excellent this year.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am fearing the worst. :(

This is going to sound silly, but I've actually considered putting in my will what my wife needs to do if I should croak. She needs to come on here and write, "ColinCoby croaked," or something like that. ;)

Everyone but Stokes would be sad for 5 seconds, then move on to the next thread about some new Jewish player tzill loves or something.

Our group on here has been awesome. All great things end eventually I guess. I imagine gp is off doing something really cool right now. I sure hope so anyway. Gonna miss that dude and filo as well.

On an unrelated note: what you guys think of Susac?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what the price of a 5 tool player is these days? (Not saying Pence is great at all 5 tools but SB numbers have to play a role in contract negotiations)

Good point.

Dude is going to have an Aubrey Huff 2010, contract year season. There aren't a ton of 20+HR, 20+SB guys out there.