• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4/21/13 Madres @ CHAMPS

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just as bad, I was raging like a lunatic that they were toast after that game 2, and why not? You had to then go to their house to win 3 in a row, they looked so much more dominant. I blamed it on short sample size or whatever but I had very little hope.

Baseball is crazy like that. Thank jeebus for Preacher Pence.

We talked about this before but isn't it crazy how the smallest thing and it all changes? If Rolen doesn't misplay that ball, we get swept and everyone wonders why we didn't have 'what it takes' and that we shoulda brought back Cabrera and we probably make a bunch of roster moves. Instead he does misplay it, we get on a roll, and we decide to just send the same team out there this year because they are 2 time champs.

And of course as fans we'd now be all snakebit, wondering if 2010 was it for us, etc. Instead we think heck we can win another 1 or 2!

Nice post. It's easy to look back at things quickly and conclude that the Giants were destined to win. But there are a quite a few things that went our way in the Cincy series alone.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to sound silly, but I've actually considered putting in my will what my wife needs to do if I should croak. She needs to come on here and write, "ColinCoby croaked," or something like that. ;)

Everyone but Stokes would be sad for 5 seconds, then move on to the next thread about some new Jewish player tzill loves or something.

Our group on here has been awesome. All great things end eventually I guess. I imagine gp is off doing something really cool right now. I sure hope so anyway. Gonna miss that dude and filo as well.

On an unrelated note: what you guys think of Susac?

Does this mean I won't be sad at all, or that I will be sad for longer than five seconds?

Your scenario actually played out many years ago on the Mouse Board. A poster named "DFaninWisc" actually did die during the season, and his wife came on the board to announce that, as well as details about the memorial service if people wanted to attend. Those were the days when there was friendly (and fierce) banter between the Giants and Dogs' boards, with some really solid posters on both sides.

That said, you may have just reverse jinxed yourself to a very long existence, Colin.....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean I won't be sad at all, or that I will be sad for longer than five seconds?

Your scenario actually played out many years ago on the Mouse Board. A poster named "DFaninWisc" actually did die during the season, and his wife came on the board to announce that, as well as details about the memorial service if people wanted to attend. Those were the days when there was friendly (and fierce) banter between the Giants and Dogs' boards, with some really solid posters on both sides.

That said, you may have just reverse jinxed yourself to a very long existence, Colin.....

Speaking of the old guard on Disney, have any of you guys stopped by RunBoard lately? That place is a ghost town. NO ONE posts there anymore.

I posted a recruitment message a couple weeks back, and all I head was crickets.

Sad.

What ever happened to Brute? That guy was the absolute best, and I do not think he joined the first exodus to Runboard...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I could have started this GDT, or is that one of the new rules.

Rule 1.05.23(a) "Anyone can start a GDT."

Rule 1.05.23(b) "Except Stokes."

Def 2.14.3

"Start a GDT" shall be defined as posting the lineup as culled from a legitimate media source.

--nobody fucks wit da JD

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice.

I think I remember writing that the Giants were absolutely done after losing the first two to the Reds.

Of course, I could be remembering this wrong. ;)

I remember being ecstatic that we signed Zeets...that looked like a bad call for several years.

I also defended the Nathan/AJ trade...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to sound silly, but I've actually considered putting in my will what my wife needs to do if I should croak. She needs to come on here and write, "ColinCoby croaked," or something like that. ;)

Everyone but Stokes would be sad for 5 seconds, then move on to the next thread about some new Jewish player tzill loves or something.

Our group on here has been awesome. All great things end eventually I guess. I imagine gp is off doing something really cool right now. I sure hope so anyway. Gonna miss that dude and filo as well.

On an unrelated note: what you guys think of Susac?

You bastage!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry Zito: 7 starts of 7+ IP, 0 ER since start of 2012 season (3rd-most in MLB).

That's one more than Justin Verlander has.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the old guard on Disney, have any of you guys stopped by RunBoard lately? That place is a ghost town. NO ONE posts there anymore.

I posted a recruitment message a couple weeks back, and all I head was crickets.

Sad.

What ever happened to Brute? That guy was the absolute best, and I do not think he joined the first exodus to Runboard...

He didn't join "the first exodus", but he did end up there. Before that he contributed to "SFDugout", which was 'acquired' by scout.com. There was a not-friendly rejection by scout.com 6-12 months later, he founded a NEW SFDugout, which closed doors 2 or so years later. He did contribute on runboard for quite a while, but the regular douchebags chased him off, eventually. The same reason there are 'crickets' and nothing but there now (they did that to everybody). Their current excuse for low participation is that "the Giants have been winning, so nobody wants to bitch about them anymore, so there are no posts" seems rather lame to me, but that's what they are going with.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmm...

I actually meant that you wouldn't be sad at all. But reading it again, I think I might have reversed jinxed you...You'll be crying in the corner in the fetal position for days now.