• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 4.12 SadShaw @ The Return of COVID man

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
complete and utter phuking moundshattery.

This bullpen is NOT GOOD right now.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we suck this bad all season if we have a chance for the first overall selection in the draft
Well, unless the Giants pull off an epic late game rally, they'll fall to 5-7 on the young season, projecting to a 68-94 record. It would put them in the running for at least top 5 pick (unless I've forgotten how the top picks are determined now).

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brebbia is turning into a poor man's Gearrin. Rogers is just turning into a poor signing.

Taylor Rogers has a good track record, I'd cut him some slack.

Brebbia should absolutely not come in with runners on base, he needs a clean inning to start. He has allowed 4 of 5 inherited runners to score so far. Alexander has allowed 0 for 8 inherited runners to score. Stripling has been a disaster so far.

Really concerned about all the injuries, and the dearth of right handed hitting. Baggs points out today that the Giants are 2nd in baseball facing right handed pitchers, and 2nd from last in facing left handed pitchers. That's a pretty stark contrast.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brebbia should absolutely not come in with runners on base, he needs a clean inning to start. He has allowed 4 of 5 inherited runners to score so far. Alexander has allowed 0 for 8 inherited runners to score. Stripling has been a disaster so far.

Really concerned about all the injuries, and the dearth of right handed hitting. Baggs points out today that the Giants are 2nd in baseball facing right handed pitchers, and 2nd from last in facing left handed pitchers. That's a pretty stark contrast.
He did have a down year last year so the slow start this year seems a bit more alarming. He had posted good numbers last year, I'd be a little less concerned. But, it is early in the season. He could be the best guy in the bullpen from here forward.

Brebbia's was used a lot as an opener last year. I do wonder if that messed with his ability to handle traffic when he comes into a game.

Other than Haniger and Slater, the injury bug hasn't been bad at all. Bart was only for about 10 games. We knew that Jackson wouldn't be available for a while. Perez shouldn't have been counted on for much. Szapucki was a possible DFA casuality and, at best, the last guy in the bullpen. Gonzalez was likely to start the year in AAA but would probably have been one of the replacements for Slater or Haniger but he wasn't that good in exteneded action last year. And are we really surprised that Haniger is on the IL?

Sounds like other teams are exploiting a big weakness. I guess FZ's focus on getting younger and more athletic kept him from getting right handed hitters.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Know I understand a little more why injuries are starting to be a concern. I didn't know that Johnson and maybe Conforto are hurt.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know I understand a little more why injuries are starting to be a concern. I didn't know that Johnson and maybe Conforto are hurt.
I have finally known something ahead of one of you? wow.

I do not like this feeling...

:sad2:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brebbia you say???
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN