• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3rd Year WR

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a fantasy perspective it isn't fools gold, because you can probably draft him in the final round.

Well that's a good point. Obviously if the investment is almost free, then sure, worth a flyer.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking over this list again, I like Lockett a lot. If not for those injuries, I think he'd be considered a top breakout candidate.

A little surprised Dorsett is as high as he is on this list; I took a flyer on him in MBBRL D2, but I certainly wouldn't have him on my starting roster in D1. Waiver wire crapshoot all the way there, imo.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR breakout!!!!- Jamison Crowder... expect a big season for Crowder... would not surprise me to see him end with 100-110 rec.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR breakout!!!!- Jamison Crowder... expect a big season for Crowder... would not surprise me to see him end with 100-110 rec.

Yep, hard to disagree with that; I've been on his bandwagon for a coupla years. Wish I had kept him.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, hard to disagree with that; I've been on his bandwagon for a coupla years. Wish I had kept him.

pretty sure we've both been fans, and was very happy to pry him from you.
liked him over Doctson before the injury news last year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure we've both been fans, and was very happy to pry him from you.
liked him over Doctson before the injury news last year.

Doctson still has the long term upside to be an elite receiver. I don't see that from Crowder.

But, Crowder is an excellent football player. He has the skills and talent to be the Redskins version of Julian Edelman. I agree that 100 catches is well within reach this year. He was underutilized second half of last season.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doctson still has the long term upside to be an elite receiver. I don't see that from Crowder.

But, Crowder is an excellent football player. He has the skills and talent to be the Redskins version of Julian Edelman. I agree that 100 catches is well within reach this year. He was underutilized second half of last season.

I can see the reverse effect happening this year. Why was he underutilized in the second half? Size? Struggle? Or did defenses realize the danger came from the inside in a 3-wide set?

So it is possible to suggest early this season, they might concentrate on him in the slot, until later in the year they realize Pryor is better than Garcon and especially if Doctson improves?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd year WR is another topic I should have brought up in my thread... But basically my view on 3r year WR is my view of any year WR or any player... I will always base my projections on expected role, and team depth at that role... Talent IMO is a secondary concern...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the reverse effect happening this year. Why was he underutilized in the second half? Size? Struggle? Or did defenses realize the danger came from the inside in a 3-wide set?

So it is possible to suggest early this season, they might concentrate on him in the slot, until later in the year they realize Pryor is better than Garcon and especially if Doctson improves?

Looks like Cousins didn't have that great of December either - only 1 300yd game, 4TDs to 4 INTs
I'd be hard pressed to say Crowder wasn't pulling his weight, even if he also had a down December.

but don't listen to me, every one should put Crowder on their "do not draft" list if they are in a league with me, please!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly the opposite actually. Cousins was locking in on his first two reads. Crowder was often the 3rd or 4th option. There were at least 4 times I can remember in the last 5 games were Crowder was uncovered and would have had walk in TDs and Cousins just didn't see him. He was forcing the ball to Garçon, Jackson and Reed.

Crowder was their most efficient receiver all year though, so I fully expect Cousins to look his way more often.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the opposite actually. Cousins was locking in on his first two reads. Crowder was often the 3rd or 4th option. There were at least 4 times I can remember in the last 5 games were Crowder was uncovered and would have had walk in TDs and Cousins just didn't see him. He was forcing the ball to Garçon, Jackson and Reed.

Crowder was their most efficient receiver all year though, so I fully expect Cousins to look his way more often.

If I remember right, didn't crowder's numbers go down when desean came back?? I consider that because desean and crowder are both small receivers. And desean is just a faster version who is better with the deep ball. Without desean I see crowder' role increasing as he is the only short speedy guy. And will be perfect in the slot.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right, didn't crowder's numbers go down when desean came back?? I consider that because desean and crowder are both small receivers. And desean is just a faster version who is better with the deep ball. Without desean I see crowder' role increasing as he is the only short speedy guy. And will be perfect in the slot.

Jackson and Crowder are literally nothing alike. Jackson plays outside the nunebrs and is probably the best deep threat in the game. Crowder is a shifty slot receiver with good ball skills and RAC capability.

There were games where Crowder was on the field 60% or more and was Barely targeted. He was visibly frustrated with lack of opportunity by season's end. I don't think there was a reason behind the fact that the Skins had a ton of receiving options.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Cousins didn't have that great of December either - only 1 300yd game, 4TDs to 4 INTs
I'd be hard pressed to say Crowder wasn't pulling his weight, even if he also had a down December.

but don't listen to me, every one should put Crowder on their "do not draft" list if they are in a league with me, please!

He'll be fine...he's in there with Rishard Matthews, always undervalued to begin with, but then becomes his respective QB's go-to guy in the crunch.

Guys like this do the dirty work and usually produce good numbers, but they are always treated like a

shutterstock_140986174.jpg

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with Cutler likely replacing Tanny Devante Parkers hype train is taking off

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for crowder, Snead, Meredith, Chris Conley, JJ Nelson, devante Parker, Tyler Lockett, also diggs finally gets a 1,000+ yard season

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll rank them like this. Great thread.

Cooper - WR1 no question
Williams - Has Rivers trust. With Mike Williams out, no reason to drop him. Has even more upside if Allen has a problem again
Diggs - Bradford's unquestioned #1 and first training camp working with him. He'll get open and the OL can't be as bad as last year. Some new weapons in the backfield could open things up.
Crowder - Risk of being underused, but should be their go to guy.
Lockett - elite talent in a poor offense. Bounce back year very likely. Uncoverable. Needs to find volume.
Snead - Cooks out of the way clears some more looks for Snead. Reliable option for Brees.
Parker - liked him anyway, but he's a Cutler type of wideout. Stills had a hamstring issue at camp.
Meredith - not sure what to think. Some of these bust out of nowhere guys go back to nowhere, but he produces when called upon. If he can gain the new QB's trust he could really breakout.
Benjamin - he's played fat and slow before and produced, but a year away and that changing offense who knows?
Nelson - speed in Arians offense is a good start, will need to find some volume to breakout
Agholor - all signs are he looks confident and like the 1st round talent he's supposed to be. We'll see. Matthews is hurt and trade rumors are swirling. Agholor could end up in the slot and produce from there in this offense, but there's a ways to go to get there. With the right opportunity it wouldn't surprise to see him take off.

The rest are meh to me.

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made some edits and got caught by the timer looking stuff up:

I'll rank them like this. Great thread.

Cooper - WR1 no question
Williams - Has Rivers trust. With Mike Williams out, no reason to drop him. Has even more upside if Allen has a problem again
Diggs - Bradford's unquestioned #1 and first training camp working with him. He'll get open and the OL can't be as bad as last year. Some new weapons in the backfield could open things up.
Crowder - Risk of being underused, but should be their go to guy.
Lockett - elite talent in a poor offense. Bounce back year very likely. Uncoverable. Needs to find volume.
Snead - Cooks out of the way clears some more looks for Snead. Reliable option for Brees.
Parker - liked him anyway, but he's a Cutler type of wideout. Stills had a hamstring issue at camp.
Meredith - not sure what to think. Some of these bust out of nowhere guys go back to nowhere especially in weak passing offenses, but he produces when called upon. If he can gain the new QB's trust he could really breakout.
Benjamin - he's played fat and slow before and produced, but that changing offense and Cam's regression makes the whole situation look iffy.
Nelson - speed in Arians offense is a good start, will need to find some volume to breakout
Agholor - all signs are he looks confident and like the 1st round talent he's supposed to be. We'll see. Matthews is hurt and trade rumors are swirling. Agholor could end up in the slot and produce from there in this offense, but there's a ways to go to get there. With the right opportunity it wouldn't surprise to see him take off.

The rest are meh to me.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but Lockett is last to me.
He may be good, but he is on a run first team that doesn't throw much.
And with Baldwin and Graham ahead of him in the pecking order, it would be wise not to expect a breakout from Lockett.