• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 3) Warriors vs 6) Nuggets

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it! The Twitter name tells the whole story. Sports has been reduced to math problems and algorithms these days. The Sabermetric Skeptic is probably some dude who maxed out in life on the JV soccer team but now because he is locked into to algorithms created by people like Nate Silver he’s an expert on sports to the point where he thinks he can project the impact. Tell me this first…what is the ultimate judgment of MVP based upon who would do what with a dog shit franchise that overpaid a 3rd option with chronic back problems?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL back atcha. We'll see.

You honestly think that a core of Pool, Kuminga, Wiseman and Moody is likely to lead deep playoff runs?

Not impossible if Kuminga or Wiseman totally crushes current expectations, but really unlikely.

And definitely not likely enough that the Warriors should forgo a trade to get them another ring or two today.

You sound like the Laker homers from a few years ago.

Keep Pool. The others have a lot of trade value and they aren’t helping glued to the bench. Their windows don’t line up with Steph, Klay and Dray and they don’t have as much future upside as you think.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly think that a core of Pool, Kuminga, Wiseman and Moody is likely to lead deep playoff runs?

Not impossible if Kuminga or Wiseman totally crushes current expectations, but really unlikely.

And definitely not likely enough that the Warriors should forgo a trade to get them another ring or two today.

Keep Pool. The others have a lot of trade value and they aren’t helping glued to the bench. Their windows don’t line up with Steph, Klay and Dray and they don’t have as much future upside as you think.
Okey doke

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm wonder who he is talking about?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good is this Nuggets team without Jokic? Obviously same scenario no Murray and MPJ.

Bottom 6 team? I think so. This supporting cast sucks. Aaron Gordon is a decent defender and athlete but he is overpaid and honestly Morris is pretty good but the rest of the team is nothing but role players/Bench players.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big difference between Poole being a #3 alongside the two greatest shooters of all-time then Poole being a #1. That team is young and talented but they would struggle to win a lot of games.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ouch! Wiseman might not even be made for regular season games. We might have a Greg Oden situation on our hands. I doubt he is talking about Wiseman, though.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love Kuminga. I think he's going to be a star. I hope they keep him.

Wiseman has a ton of potential, but who knows about his health? The Warriors would probably be wise to trade him if they find a good offer.

I think Moody is fungible. Who even knows how good he will be? I'd be thrilled if he developed into a good reserve. If they trade him, the Warriors can probably draft someone just as good or better in the next draft.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Kuminga. I think he's going to be a star. I hope they keep him.

Wiseman has a ton of potential, but who knows about his health? The Warriors would probably be wise to trade him if they find a good offer.

I think Moody is fungible. Who even knows how good he will be? I'd be thrilled if he developed into a good reserve. If they trade him, the Warriors can probably draft someone just as good or better in the next draft.

I think Kuminga is going to be good too.

But….

Do you give up his future for a ready star to pair with the guys you got?

I do that in a second.

Banners fly forever.

I highly doubt a team led by Poole and Kuminga is going to be championship good. Just too hard to get there.

And the current group is close with Kuminga + Moody DNPing and Wiseman in street clothes.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch! Wiseman might not even be made for regular season games. We might have a Greg Oden situation on our hands. I doubt he is talking about Wiseman, though.
Yeah I didn't either :D

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it! The Twitter name tells the whole story. Sports has been reduced to math problems and algorithms these days. The Sabermetric Skeptic is probably some dude who maxed out in life on the JV soccer team but now because he is locked into to algorithms created by people like Nate Silver he’s an expert on sports to the point where he thinks he can project the impact. Tell me this first…what is the ultimate judgment of MVP based upon who would do what with a dog shit franchise that overpaid a 3rd option with chronic back problems.

"Even Nick Wright said.... " So a nerd that lettered in calculator, is appealing to the authority of another nerd that lettered in chess?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it's incredibly difficult to try to build for the future while keeping a championship contending window open. A kind of ''serving 2 masters'' type deal.

It seems that the Warriors are getting to that stage where they need to either go all in to try to get a couple more titles with this group...which means looking to trade some of those youngsters.

Or going all in on a rebuild which may mean looking to move one or more of their big 3.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's incredibly difficult to try to build for the future while keeping a championship contending window open. A kind of ''serving 2 masters'' type deal.

It seems that the Warriors are getting to that stage where they need to either go all in to try to get a couple more titles with this group...which means looking to trade some of those youngsters.

Or going all in on a rebuild which may mean looking to move one or more of their big 3.

I honestly think many coaches could make it work with this group.

But not Kerr.

He just won’t give minutes to guys like Kuminga in the most important games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think many coaches could make it work with this group.

But not Kerr.

He just won’t give minutes to guys like Kuminga in the most important games.

And if he's not going to do that, it will cost them down the road. They can probably win this year doing things the way Kerr is now. But going forward it becomes more difficult because the younger players will be needed more, but won't be prepared for it.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Draymond would call out a current teammate. I'm guessing it's shade for a player or two in the eastern conference... perhaps one that was a former teammate? :noidea:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to an interview with this dude on Denver radio today. It's fine that people believe Embiid should be MVP, but don't fucking act like Jokic is some kind of bum. He literally dragged Denver to 48 wins by himself. He has zero help. None of Denver's other starters are getting off the bench if they're playing for GS.

Nick Wright also said that if this was a Philly-GS series, Philly would be 0-3.

GS is probably the best team in the playoffs right now. Playing their best ball off the year.