• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 3.3 RawKeys @ Disco

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yaz CF
VBrown RF
Hebrew 1b
Stamos SS
Perez C
Coulter LF
Proctologist 3b
Auerbach 2b

P: Disco

Wood may be piggybacking Disco today.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting lineup. I'm particularly interested in seeing how Brown and Auerbach do.

Also, a little nervous that Pederson is at 1st base. Maybe his glove work will be better there? I think I know what @calsnowskier would say to that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting lineup. I'm particularly interested in seeing how Brown and Auerbach do.

Also, a little nervous that Pederson is at 1st base. Maybe his glove work will be better there? I think I know what @calsnowskier would say to that.
Is :rolleyes: something that can be said?

I am OK to trying him there in spring and a little run during the early season if he shows promise. But it is classic bait ‘n switch. The FO was adamant that he was signed as a DH, then, less than a week later (in game okay time), they are putting him the field with a potential serious attempt at playing him the field.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is :rolleyes: something that can be said?

I am OK to trying him there in spring and a little run during the early season if he shows promise. But it is classic bait ‘n switch. The FO was adamant that he was signed as a DH, then, less than a week later (in game okay time), they are putting him the field with a potential serious attempt at playing him the field.
Here is my guess, the Giants want to use the DH spot for the 2023 versions of Tommy LaStella, guys not healthy enough to play the field but whom they believe can still hit. I know the official word on Conforto is that he will be healthy enough to play the field by Opening Day but I have to think that they are working out a scenario where he needs to DH most days. They still want Pederson in the lineup and are also probably working contingencies if Wade doesn't pan out. Hey, that is what spring training is for.
I'm just nervous that Pederson stinks at 1st base like he did in left field and the Giants continue to trot him out out there with the line "there wasn't anyone else that we could play there".

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my guess, the Giants want to use the DH spot for the 2023 versions of Tommy LaStella, guys not healthy enough to play the field but whom they believe can still hit. I know the official word on Conforto is that he will be healthy enough to play the field by Opening Day but I have to think that they are working out a scenario where he needs to DH most days. They still want Pederson in the lineup and are also probably working contingencies if Wade doesn't pan out. Hey, that is what spring training is for.
I'm just nervous that Pederson stinks at 1st base like he did in left field and the Giants continue to trot him out out there with the line "there wasn't anyone else that we could play there".

but then it goes back to the argument of signing him in the first place. Signing a DH-only player, with the way they are saying they want to build this team, just doesn’t make sense.

And I won’t even mention the fact that was signed for almost 19m for 1 year. mentioning that again would just be :deadhorse: . So I won’t bring it up again. This guy = not mentioning it.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but then it goes back to the argument of signing him in the first place. Signing a DH-only player, with the way they are saying they want to build this team, just doesn’t make sense.

And I won’t even mention the fact that was signed for almost 19m for 1 year. mentioning that again would just be :deadhorse: . So I won’t bring it up again. This guy = not mentioning it.
I didn't see a whole lot of movement in the direction that they said that they wanted to go (going younger, bringing in more defensively minded players). In some ways, this team doesn't seem a whole lot different than last year's team. There are changes, and the team is somewhat younger, but the gamble is on high upside guys with significant medical histories.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see a whole lot of movement in the direction that they said that they wanted to go (going younger, bringing in more defensively minded players). In some ways, this team doesn't seem a whole lot different than last year's team. There are changes, and the team is somewhat younger, but the gamble is on high upside guys with significant medical histories.
I meant about having more defensive-able players. That is a clearly stated intention from the FO.

Signing Pedo to $1, let alone $19m is antithetical to that stated strategy. Getting stuck having to play him in the field is a direct result of their head-in-the-sand actions. Not just an ”ah shucks. We didn’t see this having to be done” development.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants have added 3 players to camp as non-roster invitees:

C Robert Emery
IF Jimmy Glowenke
C/OF Max Wright

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clean 3 up/3 down first for Disco.
VBrown solo shot bottom first. Three walks after that but we leave them loaded.

1-0 good guys

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice second by Disco. One hit. Two clean.
TyRog in to pitch the third.

1-0 good guys

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through 7, pretty good pitching.
Disco 2IP 1H 3K
TyRog 1IP 1H
TaRog 1IP 2BB 2K
Jelly 3IP 4H 1R 4K

AA OF Ismael Munguia hit a solo shot for the Gs B6...2-1 good guys.