• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 World Juniors thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny. When I was started thinking about the write up for the Hells Gate section, I started thinking about Team Canada and Nothing really jumped out and grabbed me.

It might be a down year for us.

Yeah, I know you can make this argument every year, but I think you're right Judge, this edition of Team Canada was certainly lacking some top end talent. Put it this way, Bedard and Fantilli would have likely been the top 2 players on the team.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch much of it either in all honesty. Certainly the fact that the games this year have started very early in the morning has something to do with it, but also the cloud hanging over Team Canada and the junior program has people likely thinking nah I'll take a pass this year.
I tried but like you guys. I didn't care.

Only Sweden, Finland

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch a single minute of this tourney for Canada. I'm usually pretty into it. Wasn't at all this year.
I only watched the first period of the game v Germany. Im hockey'd out. My son played 6 games in 4 days and I was drinking with the other dads in the parking lot of Scotiabarn at the rink for what seemed like every day and night.

My son has a friend who is U15 and was supposed to play in the Pat Quinn tournament (which is loaded with scouts) last week but his family decided to go to this world junior tournament instead (i guess thats loaded with scouts too lol).

His teammates were like ...
Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know you can make this argument every year, but I think you're right Judge, this edition of Team Canada was certainly lacking some top end talent. Put it this way, Bedard and Fantilli would have likely been the top 2 players on the team.
So you're saying that Mateychuk looking like a world beater was essentially the equivalent of being the shiniest car in the junkyard?

:behindsofa:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying that Mateychuk looking like a world beater was essentially the equivalent of being the shiniest car in the junkyard?

:behindsofa:

I heard some people saying they think Celebrini is comparable to RNH - Not exactly a ringing endorsement lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch a single minute of this tourney for Canada. I'm usually pretty into it. Wasn't at all this year.

I didn't watch much of it either in all honesty. Certainly the fact that the games this year have started very early in the morning has something to do with it, but also the cloud hanging over Team Canada and the junior program has people likely thinking nah I'll take a pass this year.

same. didn't watch more than a couple minutes then turned it off.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rousseau let in a couple of softies in this one, but to be fair the second was a screen. Which is a shame because he made some really great stops as well.

He's probably gonna get a lot of hate, unfortunately. He doesn't deserve it.

And that's what I hate about sports. Those Bastard Jackass Peices of Shit that have no life so they decided to make kids feel more worthless like they are.

They forget about the proformance he showed us all.

Those saves vs Sweden and Finland.

Fuck he was our best player that tournament. But all of that is gone because of one bad game.

Get a fucking life Losers.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's what I hate about sports. Those Bastard Jackass Peices of Shit that have no life so they decided to make kids feel more worthless like they are.

They forget about the proformance he showed us all.

Those saves vs Sweden and Finland.

Fuck he was our best player that tournament. But all of that is gone because of one bad game.

Get a fucking life Losers.
didn't MAF have one bad game in a tourney that lost us the gold.... he recovered

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't MAF have one bad game in a tourney that lost us the gold.... he recovered

More of a bad moment - He attempted to clear the puck and the puck struck Brayden Coburn and caromed into the net behind him. Patrick O'Sullivan of the States got credit for the goal.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
As dash mentioned, it was just a bad play.
He was excellent for most of that tournament.

But some of us have still not forgotten that moment :thumb:
Mostly because it was at such a huge moment, and against the Americans.
Only USA and Russia would be as big of an impact

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of a bad moment - He attempted to clear the puck and the puck struck Brayden Coburn and caromed into the net behind him. Patrick O'Sullivan of the States got credit for the goal.

LMAFO

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
My parents came over today to celebrate a belated Christmas, as we have been away.
Dad calls me last night to record the Canada game so we can watch together. They avoid spoilers all day, drive all the way over in silence so the radio doesn't ruin it...
We watch until about 10 minutes left, and my dad say "we should have been there this year", as we had been loosely discussing another WJHC trip.

My wife, who doesn't care a whit about the games, says "would you still want to go knowing that they have been eliminated?"

Dead silence.....

"oh, you didn't know?"

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My parents came over today to celebrate a belated Christmas, as we have been away.
Dad calls me last night to record the Canada game so we can watch together. They avoid spoilers all day, drive all the way over in silence so the radio doesn't ruin it...
We watch until about 10 minutes left, and my dad say "we should have been there this year", as we had been loosely discussing another WJHC trip.

My wife, who doesn't care a whit about the games, says "would you still want to go knowing that they have been eliminated?"

Dead silence.....

"oh, you didn't know?"
oops

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweden has found that gear no one else has. from tied at 2 to up 5-2 in the span of like 5 minutes.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
And with THAT release, maybe don't leave him alone in the slot