• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Roster cuts and final roster

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the drafting of Duece I thought Turpin was gone. Sounds like his WR play was much improved and that saved him a spot.
Moore will most likely be a successful coach for a very long time. I was all about Turpin and kept expecting .. and nothing.

Mike is up and I can't wait to see what he shows.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weird seeing only 4 LBs on the roster.
They must plan on playing a lot of two LB formations. Or they might be making a bunch of moves after week one (when salaries arent guaranteed)

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both made the team last Saturday. Bass was awesome.
Bass and Richards got position flex. They need to keep both. I feel better about the OL depth after seeing these two play.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the drafting of Duece I thought Turpin was gone. Sounds like his WR play was much improved and that saved him a spot.
We went with 6 WRs (at least for now). Turpin made it for his return game. I love that he will likely be utilized a few plays per game on offense because he can be electric but he was on the team even if he didn't play any offense. I'm not sure there are many better return guys in the NFL right now. I suspect he takes 2 to the house this year

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must plan on playing a lot of two LB formations. Or they might be making a bunch of moves after week one (when salaries arent guaranteed)
We only played two LBs for most of the game the last couple of years, but it's still surprising since I don't love Harper and Bell isn't playing LB on early downs and I'm not sure he has even played it before the last week or so. I suspect we aren't done here and another LB may be on the roster by game week and preferably a backup LB that can play the run. Both Harper and Bell play STs so that's a plus. If Clark keeps improving we will be fine here and I think with Hankins and/or Mazi playing they will be kept a little cleaner of blocks which could make Clark really really good. He could take a step back, but he also has the potential to be a huge draft day steal

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they plan to use safeties at LB. DQ had a plan mapped out for Overshown, who is a freak athlete at LB, and I think he's willing to go with a smaller safety in that role to keep the athleticism he needs

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HATE seeing Land sign with the Colts. That's gonna end up being a bogey IMO for the Cowboys

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only played two LBs for most of the game the last couple of years, but it's still surprising since I don't love Harper and Bell isn't playing LB on early downs and I'm not sure he has even played it before the last week or so. I suspect we aren't done here and another LB may be on the roster by game week and preferably a backup LB that can play the run. Both Harper and Bell play STs so that's a plus. If Clark keeps improving we will be fine here and I think with Hankins and/or Mazi playing they will be kept a little cleaner of blocks which could make Clark really really good. He could take a step back, but he also has the potential to be a huge draft day steal
I kind of like Bell. He is similar to Kearse and Wilson. Clark I could see breaking out. I trust Quinn as DC. Proven track record and always adjusting on the fly. They likely see less resistance with Mazi and Hankins. The issues the Jones are slowly fixing. I am talking about them bringing in Quinn right away after Nolan screwed the defense up. Then Moore leaving was the other part. They ran that stale offense 15 years too long

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side Note Will Grier lands on the Bengals good luck Will I hope it works out for ya
:suds:
Grier and Cox I wish had made team.

I think the biggest issue I see is we got an unproven kicker.

I was real concerned about OL depth,but see Bass and Richards as serious upgrades to the depth. They both were so impressive in pre season and look like starting material . I wonder if Bass can center? What impressed me was the technique and physically I was seeing from these two. A major upgrade over Farniok