• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023---- DCFFL Mock- Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Cowboys run a lot of press man? I know Quinn was a cover 3 guy for a long time, but he completely changed up his scheme so I am unsure what they run for coverage.
Agreed, but where is he playing in 2023? Diggs and Gilmour are outside and Bland was pretty solid last year in the slot?
If having too many good corners is a problem, I think it's one anyone would like to have. Porter is physical and a strong tackler, which is one thing we get home of from Diggs. I also think Diggs is a strong candidate to get traded. The Cowboys have to pay Lamb soon, that'll be $20 million per. Micah will be $30 million per. Dak is $45M+ going forward. You can't pay everyone, I think he will be the one that has to go

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that the trade could take place after June 1st due to cap implications, so the picks involved would be next season and beyond.
Maybe. I could understand the rationale for doing that, but I’d personally just take the hit right now and then open up more cap space moving forward.

Swap some draft position, add a 2nd rounder and maybe put some conditions on a future pick (going both ways) depending on how the season goes and call it a day. Everybody can move forward and it doesn’t risk getting blown up by unforeseen circumstances.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considered CB, OL, DE and even RB at #10. This offense with a running threat like Bijan behind our Oline would be something special. The secondary also needs an infusion of young talent, but at ten I didn't want to end up with a nickel corner or stuck with a press-only corner and trust the depth of this draft at the position. The Eagles have done well by focusing on the trenches first and I stayed true to that. Lane Johnson's replacement should be drafted soon, but I didn't want to do it at ten. Eagles drafted IOL with pick 51 last year and the 2nd round the year before. So I added a DE to go with Jordan Davis from last year and build the foundation of a dominant future DLINE. Van Ness has untapped potential due to his newness to the game. Love the size and motor. Think he will give offenses trouble for a long time and has time to develop here behind some veterans. Nothing is more important than rushing the passer. One play was the difference in winning the Super Bowl the first time and it sure felt like one pass rushing play would have won it again.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If having too many good corners is a problem, I think it's one anyone would like to have. Porter is physical and a strong tackler, which is one thing we get home of from Diggs. I also think Diggs is a strong candidate to get traded. The Cowboys have to pay Lamb soon, that'll be $20 million per. Micah will be $30 million per. Dak is $45M+ going forward. You can't pay everyone, I think he will be the one that has to go
I think you can never have enough CB. Lions spent most of their money on CB and I still want them to take one in the 1st.

I am not a fan of Porter Jr. I think you traded up to take the 4th best corner, like I said though. I don't know Quinn's coverage scheme, so if they are a lot of press man Porter is for sure the guy.

I won't judge. I passed on the best CB in the draft as well because of scheme.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not saying it's a problem or a bad pick, the kid is talented and the Cowboys do have questions to answer at CB after this season. Just caught me off guard a bit. That's what makes these things fun...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it's a problem or a bad pick, the kid is talented and the Cowboys do have questions to answer at CB after this season. Just caught me off guard a bit. That's what makes these things fun...
For sure right about that.
Some of the Cowboys best picks were when they didn't get the guy they originally wanted. The Cowboys moved down in the draft a couple of years ago when they missed out on the top two corners. Got Micah Parsons as a consolation prize. It's a crap shoot

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure right about that.
Some of the Cowboys best picks were when they didn't get the guy they originally wanted. The Cowboys moved down in the draft a couple of years ago when they missed out on the top two corners. Got Micah Parsons as a consolation prize. It's a crap shoot

Picking for the Rams ought to be interesting, since they have a gazillion holes after the first free agency period lol.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking for the Rams ought to be interesting, since they have a gazillion holes after the first free agency period lol.
Has to be nice that you don't have to let a player you like pass for need though!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can never have enough CB. Lions spent most of their money on CB and I still want them to take one in the 1st.

I am not a fan of Porter Jr. I think you traded up to take the 4th best corner, like I said though. I don't know Quinn's coverage scheme, so if they are a lot of press man Porter is for sure the guy.

I won't judge. I passed on the best CB in the draft as well because of scheme.
I think Diggs cost himself a big contract in Dallas when he wimped out and passed on hitting Kittle on the biggest play of their playoff loss. I think you can live with "they pay me to cover" in the regular season, but you have to take your panties off in the playoffs

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Diggs cost himself a big contract in Dallas when he wimped out and passed on hitting Kittle on the biggest play of their playoff loss. I think you can live with "they pay me to cover" in the regular season, but you have to take your panties off in the playoffs
That was a bad look. Add in it is unclear if the big plays he allows outweigh the turnovers he generates. If he cleans up that he is a true elite, but who knows if he does. It seems more likely to me that his turnover plays will dwindle, but he will continue to be a risk to get burned.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a bad look. Add in it is unclear if the big plays he allows outweigh the turnovers he generates. If he cleans up that he is a true elite, but who knows if he does. It seems more likely to me that his turnover plays will dwindle, but he will continue to be a risk to get burned.
Exactly right. I think adding Gilmour was huge for Dallas this season. With Diggs and Bland, they can cover. But Dallas simply can't pay everyone and Diggs is the trade bait IMO. If they traded Diggs next season, they would have Porter, Gilmour and Bland and save the $20M per they would have given Diggs to help cover Parsons and Lamb

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly right. I think adding Gilmour was huge for Dallas this season. With Diggs and Bland, they can cover. But Dallas simply can't pay everyone and Diggs is the trade bait IMO. If they traded Diggs next season, they would have Porter, Gilmour and Bland and save the $20M per they would have given Diggs to help cover Parsons and Lamb

Diggs has been too much of a gambler for my taste thus far anyway, so not a bad plan.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs has been too much of a gambler for my taste thus far anyway, so not a bad plan.
He lost me when he didn't lay the wood to Kittle. That was a great catch, but zero chance he makes it if Diggs blasts him once it was bobbled. If you can't give it up in that situation I'm sure as Heck not making you the highest paid corner in football

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we edit The burkes selection to Banks? I don't want to get into the second round and have to change my pants when I do a search and think Banks is still available.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet you thought it was for RB. I think that Porter would give the Cowboys the best secondary in football. Also, with Lamb, Parsons and Diggs all about to get paid, it would give them the option of rolling with Diggs and Porter the next 5-6 years or trading Diggs for a haul and still have a #1 Corner

i actually like the defensive pick... Cowboys dont need to go RB... they should injury proof that defense, and work on the offensive line...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas can probably just bring Ezekiel back for a few pennies after the low interest he has received. ;)

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay is a great landing spot for Levis. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him end up in the top 10 tbh.

I was a little surprised to see Seattle trade up ahead of Tampa and then pick a defensive player.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay is a great landing spot for Levis. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him end up in the top 10 tbh.

I was a little surprised to see Seattle trade up ahead of Tampa and then pick a defensive player.

Made that pick far too easy for Nos, lol.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost took Levis for Detroit before the trade down.

Status
Not open for further replies.