• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Wide Receiver Class (Who sticks out the most?)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but that would be you...a chiefs fan
Well, yeah.

Tyreek Hill combine: 4.29 40 yd, 40.5" vert, 6.53 3 cone
Calvin Austin III combine: 4.32 40 yd, 39" vert, 6.65 3 cone

Not as good but Im not sure if there is a player that fits the mold better.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yeah.

Tyreek Hill combine: 4.29 40 yd, 40.5" vert, 6.53 3 cone
Calvin Austin III combine: 4.32 40 yd, 39" vert, 6.65 3 cone

Not as good but Im not sure if there is a player that fits the mold better.
I know...I said Austin was the only thing that somewhat resembles Tyreek 4 weeks ago on this very site. I didn't use stats to form this judgement, didn't need to. You and I aren't alone in what we think here. I can assure you, next to QB, I think Austin will be a huge reach, might actually hear his name called on Thursday. It's a copy-cat league, YAC has never been more a premium. I know ass-clown jerry thinks he's on to something here. ) I'd love Austin in Dallas, just not top 35 selection...Solid draft, 150 plus deep.

Point?
KC better take him real fast, cause it's not likely they get another shot

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Eagles haven't picked one, yet...
Clayton...
Jameson Williams - Deep threat that can get open.
Garrett Wilson - Easy separation. Probably an X receiver from day 1
Chris Olave - Solid secondary receiver from day 1

these are the only three I'd for sure take over Austin, and I think Austin with an average to good QB will have a much bigger impact than each this coming season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know...I said Austin was the only thing that somewhat resembles Tyreek 4 weeks ago on this very site. I didn't use stats to form this judgement, didn't need to. You and I aren't alone in what we think here. I can assure you, next to QB, I think Austin will be a huge reach, might actually hear his name called on Thursday. It's a copy-cat league, YAC has never been more a premium. I know ass-clown jerry thinks he's on to something here. ) I'd love Austin in Dallas, just not top 35 selection...Solid draft, 150 plus deep.

Point?
KC better take him real fast, cause it's not likely they get another shot
I was reading one of the draft insiders who was talking to various other insiders. Mentioned that if 12 different people he talked to had 12 very different big boards and everyone agreed that the draft was deep so....expect some names to go way higher than expected.

Imo, its the best rd3 and rd4 Ive seen since following the draft seriously about a decade ago. Its also one of the weakest rd1s. To me, that means you aren't going to see a lot of BPA drafting after the first dozen or so picks. You're going to see teams pick 'their guys' they want to lock in an extra year and with WRs getting paid like Edge Rushers now...I kinda do expect Austin to go somewhere between pick 30 and pick 60. There is a clear top tier of WRs but I think once Skyy Moore leaves the board, all bets are off.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well boys, we know which ones will be bust now.
thank god he didnt name my pick
Heart Attack Close Call GIF by reactionseditor

Now I can still be right

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could put Jameson in that category too. He is a freak athlete and gets separation

And Olave. I love both Ohio State's WR.

If the Jets are smart now, grab Wilson at 4, then Olave or Jameson at 10. But that's alot to ask from the Jets.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like olave...he gets seperation...........

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Olave. I love both Ohio State's WR.

If the Jets are smart now, grab Wilson at 4, then Olave or Jameson at 10. But that's alot to ask from the Jets.
Maybe it they didn't have any WR production. They paid Corey Davis, they took Elijah Moore last year. Still have Mims. Nothing special but they have a lot more needs than WR. Can't go wrong with any of those Ohio St products though. Wilson will likely be the first guy drafted. They still have defensive issues. Maybe they grab a DE at 4 and just grab one of those 3 at 10.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Austin

Wan’Dale Robinson

Alec Pierce

Velus Jones

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots trade up 4 spaces to jump Pittsburgh and get Tyquan Thornton fastest receiver in the draft.
Steelers take Pickens 4 picks later.
What'cha think @SteelersPride

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots trade up 4 spaces to jump Pittsburgh and get Tyquan Thornton fastest receiver in the draft.
Steelers take Pickens 4 picks later.
What'cha think @SteelersPride
Love pickens. Im usually pretty good at wr evals… not sure he works out, but the alpha traits r there. I know thorntons fast, i just didnt think he was a good receiver. Well see

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love pickens. Im usually pretty good at wr evals… not sure he works out, but the alpha traits r there. I know thorntons fast, i just didnt think he was a good receiver. Well see
He apparently has good hands. If he can run past the defenders and catch the ball when it comes, can't help but contribute when he is ready.

I'd really be excited by jumping Pittsburgh to get him if N'Keal Harry wasn't still hanging around as a reminder......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He apparently has good hands. If he can run past the defenders and catch the ball when it comes, can't help but contribute when he is ready.

I'd really be excited by jumping Pittsburgh to get him if N'Keal Harry wasn't still hanging around as a reminder......
Lolol. I mean, i hope he works out. I admit im not as up on him as some other guys

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lolol. I mean, i hope he works out. I admit im not as up on him as some other guys
  • Has smooth acceleration and deceiving speed. Balanced and very fast with the ball in his hands.
  • Has long arms to stiff-arm defensive backs in the open field. Willing to lower his pads to run through tackles for extra yardage. Goes over the middle, can spin out of tackles and take the big hit.
  • Fits a zone system, can sift through oncoming traffic and explode through tiny creases and cutback lanes. Elite, darting stop-and-go acceleration. Dangerous in the open field.
  • Has elite speed and cutting ability and good hands and toughness. Lacks the ideal size, but has a similar body type to Antonio Brown.
  • Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
  • Plays fast and confident. Covers a lot of ground in the short half of the field and is slippery after the catch.
  • A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
  • A slippery runner with elusive footwork. Has little to no wasted movements between the reception and burst upfield.