• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hang in there guys, it’ll be ok

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think lack of good pitching had a lot to do with Story. May be wrong but little light at the end of the tunnel does not give hope of contending.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thoughts on Michael Conforto? ...
The only true long term heavy hitters we have are Semien and Seager. ...

if we got extremely lucky and the majority panned out..unlikely.
You can also look at Seagar and Semien and say we will have to get "extremely lucky" if they are still "heavy hitters" when they get to ages 33 or 34. A lot of hitters decline rapidly in their early to mid-thirties. Conforto is right there with them.

You can have a lack of good luck whether you spend now or decide to exercise patience. It is a lot easier to move on from cheap bad luck than expensive bad luck though.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can also look at Seagar and Semien and say we will have to get "extremely lucky" if they are still "heavy hitters" when they get to ages 33 or 34. A lot of hitters decline rapidly in their early to mid-thirties. Conforto is right there with them.

You can have a lack of good luck whether you spend now or decide to exercise patience. It is a lot easier to move on from cheap bad luck than expensive bad luck though.

You are right. It is easier to move on from cheaper guys than the expensive guys.
We definitely need some luck for Seager and Semiens contract to work out as well.
I guess if we’re going to spend big again it might be smart to wait for the perfect person to fill the exact need we need going into 2023 after giving some of the young guys a long look this year.
Saddles always making sense

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Jays have one of baseball’s most dangerous lineups, though their projected starting nine tilts heavily to the right side. Cavan Biggio is the only left-handed hitter set to receive everyday action in Toronto’s lineup, and even Santiago Espinal is expected to spell Biggio when southpaws are on the mound. With this in mind, the Jays continue to look into left-handed hitters, with Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi writing that the club has shown interest in Michael Conforto, Joc Pederson, Brad Miller, and former Jay Corey Dickerson.

Willie to the Jays
Willie to the Jays?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Rangers will not do this, but I would be happy if they decided to stand pat. Here are my reasons.

Josh Jung
Justin Foscue
Josh Smith
Blaine Crim
Dustin Harris
Esquivel Duran
Davis Wendzel
Al Leiter
Cole Winn
Ricky Vanasco
Owen White
Tekoh Roby
Cody Bradford
2022 third overall draft pick

If they want to sign short term deals for someone like Kershaw then I would be fine with that.

Again, I know they will not do this. I still fully expect 5 to 8 of our top 20 prospects to be traded between now and the next trade deadline.
I posted this several weeks ago. I still hope we refrain from trading away prospects and don't sign someone except for an extremely short term.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know what this is about?
I think he’s just making a point that the jays are looking for a LH hitter and wishful thinking that we trade Willie to the Jays.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he’s just making a point that the jays are looking for a LH hitter and wishful thinking that we trade Willie to the Jays.
Thanks for clearing that up. I see what you mean.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what’s the lineup look like for opening day??

Vs RHP and LHP?

RHP
C-Garver
1B-Lowe
2B-Semien
3B-Miller
SS-Seager
LF-?
CF-Adolis
RF-K Calhoun
DH-W Calhoun

Vs LHP

C-Garver
1B-Lowe
2B-Semien
3B-Ibanez
SS-Seager
LF-Solak
CF-Eli White? Taveras??
RF-Adolis
DH-W Calhoun (hits well vs LHP)

Outfield seems strange to me still..
Hard to see us carrying both White and Taveras as well as W Calhoun and Solak
Garcia, IMO, is still a big question mark as well.

Maybe just run them out there that way and start calling up guys like Crim, J Smith, Foscue and Duran to start filling the holes?
Demote the under-performers and promote the guys tearing it up down in AA/AAA throughout the year?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be shocked if the jays wanted Williepower
I'd be surprised if anyone wanted Willie. And I say this with no malice toward Calhoun. I kind of liked the idea of him when we originally got him. And I still don't totally dislike him. But honestly what's the market for a guy who has no power, is at best an average hitter, is an adventure on defense (regardless of where you hide him), and has had some injury issues to?

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Willie gets a chance to be full time DH he can put up a .270/.325/.500 with 30 HR if he can get 500 AB

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if anyone wanted Willie. And I say this with no malice toward Calhoun. I kind of liked the idea of him when we originally got him. And I still don't totally dislike him. But honestly what's the market for a guy who has no power, is at best an average hitter, is an adventure on defense (regardless of where you hide him), and has had some injury issues to?
Nailed it and that is why we would like seeing you more often.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Willie gets a chance to be full time DH he can put up a .270/.325/.500 with 30 HR if he can get 500 AB
No way he will be DH 100% of the time imo