• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From mlbtraderumors:

Top Rangers prospect Josh Jung could miss the entire season due to shoulder surgery, and the Rangers traded Isiah Kiner-Falefa to the Twins earlier today. Despite these two losses, Rangers president of operations Jon Daniels told reporters (including Jeff Wilson) that the club wasn’t intending to make a big investment at third base going forward. This would mean that Texas is going to roll with internal options like Yonny Hernandez, Andy Ibanez, Nick Solak or possibly some minor league infielders that could make their MLB debuts at some point in the season. Or, given how aggressive the Rangers have been in revamping their roster this winter, it could be that Daniels was just engaging in some gamesmanship, and is on the lookout for some more established third base help.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is more moves to come.

we still need an outfielder and a starting pitcher. I dont think Perez is what they had in mind for their big pitching upgrade post lock out. At least I hope not.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is more moves to come.

we still need an outfielder and a starting pitcher. I dont think Perez is what they had in mind for their big pitching upgrade post lock out. At least I hope not.
hope so. i would hate to be any pitcher having to trust an outfield of W. Calhoun, Garcia & K. Calhoun. i would pray that every batter who hit it in the air into the outfield hits it to center

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore must be trying to move up on the number of wins this season from 52 last season to at least 60. they have so far signed Lyles, Odor and Chirinos

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per CBS sports, the Rangers were in on Freeman prior to the lockout. This information was previously unknown, though they were seen as a landing spot for Oakland A’s first baseman Matt Olson via trade, so it does make some sense. From CBS:

“Still, Freeman drawing interest from other teams is no revelation; the Yankees have been connected to him here recently, and sources informed CBS Sports early in the offseason that both the Dodgers and the Rangers had at least some interest in him. (MLB Network’s Jon Heyman reported the Blue Jays had also shown interest.)”
The Rangers current starting first baseman is Nathaniel Lowe. It’s unknown exactly how serious Texas was about adding Freeman, though the new ownership group vowed to put a ton of money into the team this offseason, and they’ve done just that — the Rangers signed Corey Seager and Marcus Semien to sure up the middle infield. Signing Freeman would just be the cherry on top.

anyone put any stock in this?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny Gray to the Twins

The Reds and Twins are in agreement on a deal headlined by right-hander Sonny Gray, on his way from Cincinnati to Minnesota, per Bobby Nightengale of the Cincinnati Enquirer (via Twitter). Along with Gray, the Twins will receive minor league right-hander Francis Peguero. The Reds are receiving the 26th overall selection of the 2021 draft, right-hander Chase Petty. Both teams have announced the deal, making it official.

not much of a return for Gray. guess Texas wasn't really interested

Last edited:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the slow down may not be negative. I suspect there is a major deal in works that requires back and forth offers. We have lots of options to offer for a quality pitcher or LF'er. Lets give FO time and see what happens. Rome was not built in a day.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the slow down may not be negative. I suspect there is a major deal in works that requires back and forth offers. We have lots of options to offer for a quality pitcher or LF'er. Lets give FO time and see what happens. Rome was not built in a day.
hope you're right but how many quality starters are available

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny Gray to the Twins

not much of a return for Gray. guess Texas wasn't really interested
Or they didn't want to give up who the Reds wanted or they were snoozing again or they're not going to trade for another SP... :scratch: