• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Recruiting thread

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats. Of course shipwreck is still his qb coach and OC (for now) so so all that talent and he gets to hand off, throw a bubble screen, and desperation heave before either punting or scoring a touchdown. Have fun and make sure to have couch pillows handy because at some point you are going to want to throw something at your tv and it's cheaper to grab something soft.

I am still in shock to this day Gundy plucked him from Shippensburg.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are looking at the rare cases. Just because a few didn’t follow through on their dream school doesn’t mean a lot didn’t. This is no more shocking then Ellinger picking UT.
Sam is the rare case, he was bought in since inception. Kids can grow to love Texas but as they get older, things change. That love gets passed up on certain things like relationships, playing time, location, and winning.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still in shock to this day Gundy plucked him from Shippensburg.
yeah I honestly didn't know his story til he was on the radar about coming to Texas.. at that point everyone swore it was going to be Graham Harrell

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam is the rare case, he was bought in since inception. Kids can grow to love Texas but as they get older, things change. That love gets passed up on certain things like relationships, playing time, location, and winning.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I honestly didn't know his story til he was on the radar about coming to Texas.. at that point everyone swore it was going to be Graham Harrell

That dude had D2 Shipp rolling on offense. They scored 49 points or more 8 times in the 13 games the played his last year there. Gundy wanted to go an out of the box route to get someone and he sure as heck did.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are doomed because Yurch is our coach..and we are doomed because it's just for now?

My man you would make a killing charging folks $9.95 a month for that type of insight.. #HookEm

Hey just saying y'all are going to be upset by his play calling. I'm not an insider but know enough to say thay didn't leave Oklahoma State on his own terms.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey just saying y'all are going to be upset by his play calling. I'm not an insider but know enough to say thay didn't leave Oklahoma State on his own terms.
yeah I heard he also got pushed out at Shippensburg AND in Columbus.. Hopefully Herman can cover for him like he did for Beck.. #DOOMED

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dude had D2 Shipp rolling on offense. They scored 49 points or more 8 times in the 13 games the played his last year there. Gundy wanted to go an out of the box route to get someone and he sure as heck did.

He was in over his head. He deserves credit for developing an offense but as a playcaller he really didn't develop. Arroyo and Dunn bailed him out alot and Gundy had to take over a few times.

As a hire it was Gundy being Gundy and he gave the finger to our administration after they forced him to give up OC responsibility and hire Holgerson in 2010. He was told to hire an OC and hit lightning in a bottle twice with Holgy and Monken. Yurcich was him telling Holder and Boone I can literally hire anyone and the offense will rock. He technically wasn't wrong but there was a lot of bad blood in the coaches room during his tenure because he wasn't great at his job.

As a recruiter he was meh. Rudolph committed before he was hired and that worked out because he had a 4 year starter and no one as a solid backup. Sanders is a Gleeson recruit and saved our relationship with Illingworth.

So to recap, shipwreck was gifted a once in a decade quarterback and to his credit developed him into a NFL caliber player. As an OC he is a solid at gameplanning but struggles with playcalling to the point where the rb or wr coaches need to take over. Plus he can't recruit.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I heard he also got pushed out at Shippensburg AND in Columbus.. Hopefully Herman can cover for him like he did for Beck.. #DOOMED

He was great with D2 talent. He deserves credit for gameplanning at that level.

Oklahoma State essentially fired him. Ohio State did the same. Texas, man I don't understand the hire but as a conference opponent I don't mind it. That should tell you alot.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was great with D2 talent. He deserves credit for gameplanning at that level.

Oklahoma State essentially fired him. Ohio State did the same. Texas, man I don't understand the hire but as a conference opponent I don't mind it. That should tell you alot.

I need to get fired like Yurcich. That fucker is doing OK for someone who sucks.

I have to say calling Mason Rudolph once in a decade player did make me laugh. That was fantastic

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised he went to Texas tbh.
Anyway, Penn State with 4 commits so far, ranked #3 in the nation. Three 4 stars & one not ranked yet. Two of them are part of the Top 6 TE in the class. Best news is that Penn State is a favorite in at least 5 of the Top 8 recruits in Pennsylvania. Nice.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was in over his head. He deserves credit for developing an offense but as a playcaller he really didn't develop. Arroyo and Dunn bailed him out alot and Gundy had to take over a few times.

As a hire it was Gundy being Gundy and he gave the finger to our administration after they forced him to give up OC responsibility and hire Holgerson in 2010. He was told to hire an OC and hit lightning in a bottle twice with Holgy and Monken. Yurcich was him telling Holder and Boone I can literally hire anyone and the offense will rock. He technically wasn't wrong but there was a lot of bad blood in the coaches room during his tenure because he wasn't great at his job.

As a recruiter he was meh. Rudolph committed before he was hired and that worked out because he had a 4 year starter and no one as a solid backup. Sanders is a Gleeson recruit and saved our relationship with Illingworth.

So to recap, shipwreck was gifted a once in a decade quarterback and to his credit developed him into a NFL caliber player. As an OC he is a solid at gameplanning but struggles with playcalling to the point where the rb or wr coaches need to take over. Plus he can't recruit.
Well, he's ok in my book as a recruiter, he was a big reason why Ewers committed Friday.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Useful

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A white guy named Quinn sporting a mullet. Yeah thats going to work.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A white guy named Quinn sporting a mullet. Yeah thats going to work.
but this is ok??

117525471_10217672605462754_6869564770008511842_n.jpg

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to change the thread title. Have to add "tOfficial" so it can be stickied.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to change the thread title. Have to add "tOfficial" so it can be stickied.
Haven't you heard?? tosu is OVER, covid and the presidents killed them lol..jk jk

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but this is ok??

117525471_10217672605462754_6869564770008511842_n.jpg

You like that so much you responded twice lol. Spencer Rattler is maybe the greatest qb name of all time. Quinn? Only in liberal pansy Austin lol.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like that so much you responded twice lol. Spencer Rattler is maybe the greatest qb name of all time. Quinn? Only in liberal pansy Austin lol.

Spencer? Seriously, that is a shitty name. Anyone ever in the history of the world hear the name Spencer and say “I bet he is a bad ass”. The typical response is “I bet he wears classes”