• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Lions Off-Season Thread

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he burned his farm down trying to get rid of an old mattress, had to move even farther north and is living with eskimos now. Not sure if true.

Talented man to be able to run a farm and be able to flawlessly run the Lions from the comfort of his arm chair.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Importance of Safety has changed everywhere in the league, except the draft for some reason. Elite safties completely change your defense and allow you to disguise your coverage better. They are quickly replacing MLB as the player that has the mic to call defensive plays. Average salary for safety has increased more than every position except QB and WR over the last 5 years.

The fact is the days of devaluing safety is old thinking, and eventually the draft will catch up. If Hamilton is the second pick it should be cele

If Hamilton is the second pick it should be celebrated.

That pick would be more Millenish than the Mike Williams pick or either or the top 10 TE picks.
Safety position is garbage. We traded our pro-bowl safety to the Seahawks and they were dog shit last year.
Safeties are not important at all. Sure you can't have one blowing coverage left and right but there are always solid safeties to be found in later rounds.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still on board with the kid from Oregon at #2.

A lot of rumors about his work ethic or yadda yadda. But a lot of those rumors gets started by teams picking 5-10 and hoping he falls.
No player in this draft has as much upside and impact as him.
Walker has a higher ceiling though. I would be disappointed if we did not take him at 2. TBH he is the only player worthy of a top 3 pick other than maybe Neal.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pick would be more Millenish than the Mike Williams pick or either or the top 10 TE picks.
Safety position is garbage. We traded our pro-bowl safety to the Seahawks and they were dog shit last year.
Safeties are not important at all. Sure you can't have one blowing coverage left and right but there are always solid safeties to be found in later rounds.
Wait, 1 team with good safeties was bad? That changes everything!

The league does not agree with your assessment, and neither does advanced analytics.

You took my post with salary trends, advanced stats, and trend of play calling moving from mlb. With your opinion backed by nothing.

Importance of safety has increased everywhere across the league except the draft. Time for the draft to catch up.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker has a higher ceiling though. I would be disappointed if we did not take him at 2. TBH he is the only player worthy of a top 3 pick other than maybe Neal.

I don't mind the Walker guy from Georgia either. You need those freaky type dudes on the D-line. Him or the kid from Oregon would be perfect.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockenson isn't upper tier either. Just cause he was picked high. Doesn't make him anything special. He isn't bad.
Just a solid, yet unspectacular player.

Was I making a claim that any of those receiving options were upper tier? Nope. I sure the hell wasn't.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the Walker guy from Georgia either. You need those freaky type dudes on the D-line. Him or the kid from Oregon would be perfect.

Why the hell wasn't he more productive during his tenure there? Let me guess, that team was so stacked it impeded his opportunities to ascend?

I think you'd get better value out of players like Paschal, Hall or I. Thomas later on in the draft. The flying forty time doesn't do it for me, solely.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to witness more improvement from Oruwariye this upcoming season, but I'm not confident in that happening.

Also, Holmes has been in contract negotiations for both Oruwariye and Hockenson.

Over The Cap lists Oruwariye’s valuation at $8.48 million for 2022.

There are some other recent cornerback contracts that factor into play.

A three-year extension worth $25.5 million, with $10.5 million guaranteed, feels in the right range for Oruwariye. (BB_72; I'd be good with this deal)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to witness more improvement from Oruwariye this upcoming season, but I'm not confident in that happening.

Also, Holmes has been in contract negotiations for both Oruwariye and Hockenson.

A three-year extension worth $25.5 million, with $10.5 million guaranteed, feels in the right range for Oruwariye. (BB_72; I'd be good with this deal)
Even if he has maxed out his potential he is an awesome get. No shame in being a good #2 corner

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other sources dispute Yates’ claim that St. Brown did not have a drop, which is an unofficial and arbitrary statistic. Pro Football Focus had St. Brown for two, both in the Week 2 loss in Green Bay. Pro Football Reference logged one drop for St. Brown as a rookie.

I went back and rewatched the Week 2 game. It was easy to ascertain which passes PFF credited as drops since St. Brown caught three of his five targets in Green Bay. The first “drop”, right before halftime, did hit St. Brown in his hands along the sideline, but it appears the defensive back made a play on the ball just before St. Brown did. The second, with just over 2:00 to play in the game, was not an accurate pass from Jared Goff.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still like him.

Mind you, I liked him more than I should’ve coming out of college.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell wasn't he more productive during his tenure there? Let me guess, that team was so stacked it impeded his opportunities to ascend?

I think you'd get better value out of players like Paschal, Hall or I. Thomas later on in the draft. The flying forty time doesn't do it for me, solely.

I just want it to be defense. Also, you can't go wrong with Georgia players lately.
I am even fine with Hutchinson at this point. Michigan players tend to blow huge donkey balls in the NFL.

Jabrill Peppers was the last, best player to come from there and he is mediocre as shit.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would still take him #2 and not look back.
You can't coach up that kind of explosion off the edge.