• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Waste of a trade.

I agree. I was never a fan of the trade in the first place. If Russell Wilson were to go down for any substantial amount of time, irrespective of the backup, the team would tank and it really wouldn't matter who was replacing him.

I'm kind of biased because I've always been of the mind that investing substantial resources in a backup QB is a waste.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reported to be a two year deal. if they can't retain Fluker, could be a step back for the OLine.

I thought Fluker played really well last year as a run blocker. I'd like to have him back.

Ideally I'd like to see us retain Fluker, slide Ifedi inside and have Fant play RT.

Ifedi is one of the worst pass blocking RTs I've ever watched and he's a huge liability with penalties. I believe that lineup on the offensive line would be better than last year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, our 2020 comp picks are looking really good at the moment so if we decide to throw our name in the free agency hat I sure hope it's worth it. At this point I just hope we resign our top priority free agents, and focus on growth with some solid draft picks. The biggest thing to me is now that the LOB drama is officially gone we don't allow the team to be affected by any Frank Clark drama because he seems like the only one that could approach his situation similar to that of the LOB. Either sign him long term or trade him, and come draft day we may see just that.

Apparently the Hawks are happy with their current secondary, but (price dependent) I'd like to take a flier on Eric Berry who was recently released by the Chiefs.

He has his injury concerns but when he's healthy he's a great safety who plays similarly to Earl Thomas. If he's healthy and has recovered, a 1 year "prove it" deal could pay huge dividends.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, nearly $4M per for a kicker.. yet I can't fault it entirely since Seattle cost themselves a playoff spot in 2018 and significantly reduced their playoff advance in 2019.

C- grade. Myers is okay, missed too many XP last year (which Seattle probably wont be kicking a ton of), and adds some youth to the position. Nearly $4M/year for a kicker.. you better be a rare talent. Myers really isn't, but it's no surprise Seattle overpaid to get some stability on special teams which has cost them SEVERELY in the past.

For what it's worth, Meyers had an incredible year kicking field goals. He set an NFL record by kicking 5 FGs of 55+ yards in 2018. He was also 6/7 on field goals of 50+ yards which is pretty damn impressive.

It's a bit pricey, but if he's able to keep up the level of production he had in 2018, it could pay dividends. For a Seahawks team built around pounding the rock and draining the clock, a strong kicker can be extremely valuable.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Fluker played really well last year as a run blocker. I'd like to have him back.

Ideally I'd like to see us retain Fluker, slide Ifedi inside and have Fant play RT.

Ifedi is one of the worst pass blocking RTs I've ever watched and he's a huge liability with penalties. I believe that lineup on the offensive line would be better than last year.

Jamarco Jones looked better than Ifedi at RT and he was a rookie this past season, To bad he got hurt. I agree to sliding Ifedi back to guard. He is not good enough to even think about playing Tackle and as a guard is serviceable. Jones or Fant at RT and Ifedi inside would make for a stronger line than we had last year and not because of Improved Guard play but because of the improved TACKLE play removing Ifedi off that edge lol.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like G at 21 is a real possibility...

Here we go!!

Hawks are on the board signing K Jason Myers to a four year deal in the $15-$16 mill range.

Will NOT cost a compensatory pick

why not?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, Meyers had an incredible year kicking field goals. He set an NFL record by kicking 5 FGs of 55+ yards in 2018. He was also 6/7 on field goals of 50+ yards which is pretty damn impressive.

It's a bit pricey, but if he's able to keep up the level of production he had in 2018, it could pay dividends. For a Seahawks team built around pounding the rock and draining the clock, a strong kicker can be extremely valuable.

Mmmm, I guess. I just don't like paying that kind of money to a kicker. That said, our kicker was partly responsible for our playoff miss in 2018 and may be the reason for not advancing in the playoffs 2019... so...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks tender Fant @ 2nd round tender

jefferson gets an original draft position tender

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I understand it, he does count against comp picks.

Even though he should count against the comp picks, it was reported by I think it was Garafolo that he wouldn’t cost us which made it an even better deal for the Hawks. Can’t explain why, but that I did in fact see that this should be the case.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though he should count against the comp picks, it was reported by I think it was Garafolo that he wouldn’t cost us which made it an even better deal for the Hawks. Can’t explain why, but that I did in fact see that this should be the case.

Understood. Overthecap.com has him listed as a comp pick signing (the first minus for Seattle). Doesn't mean that happens, since no one truly knows how comp picks are allotted. and there's still a long way to go before free agency is done.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are all white schools in an all white area that every single time they go anywhere others deem them racist, I don’t know. The log show isn’t exactly considered cultured. But I respect Baldwin for still going, making kids dream come true in meeting a celebrity and teaching parents things such as we may have different views on subjects but we can agree on things while not agreeing on how to approach them while still being civil to each other.
They're white so they must be racist? WTF, are you shitting me???

And that, ladies & gentlemen, is a great example of what is wrong in today's America. Unreal.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny the Hawks resigned Myers. They had him on the roster last year and could have ( Should have ) chose him over that POS Cowski.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story so far for the Hawks:

Resigned both Wright & Kendricks to solid one of if not THE best LB corp in football when healthy.

Signed K Jason Myers to a 4-year deal finally solidifying the kicker position that has driven all of us nuts the past couple of years.

Lose J.R Sweezy to the Cardinals but then land Iupati at a discount to replace Sweez.

About to resign Fluker for what's reporting to be a two year deal.

Lost Earl, Coleman, and Davis which was expected at their price tags.

So far so good as far as I'm concerned.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iaputi and Fluker, we're cornering the market on overweight mauler guards.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Myers signing WILL affect our comp picks. Right now we've lost 4+ more FAs than we've signed, and you can't have more than 4 comp picks in one draft, I think that's where the confusion is coming from.

And we haven't solved our kicking woes just because we're paying this guy $4M a year. Maybe we have, but we could very well be buying high off a career year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Myers signing WILL affect our comp picks. Right now we've lost 4+ more FAs than we've signed, and you can't have more than 4 comp picks in one draft, I think that's where the confusion is coming from.

And we haven't solved our kicking woes just because we're paying this guy $4M a year. Maybe we have, but we could very well be buying high off a career year.

Well said, and basically where I'm at. I'm not high on this signing. Your last sentence is 100% where I'm at.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought Iupati might be an option once Sweezy went to Arizona. One year deal, I like it. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Also, I agree with those saying Berry might be worth a flier at the right price.

Pretty happy with the offseason thus far.