• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt ET is going to take a hometown discount just to play for the Cowboys. He had made it pretty clear he wants to be highest paid Safety and the Cowboys does not want ‘splashy’ moves in FA for the reasons you stated.

He’s gonna have no problem finding suitors but his price tag, which is probably 15-16mil/yr. now is going to be costly for someone.

In the end, Hawks made the right business decision.

Decision to not pay him, agreed.

But I don't think you can say the Hawks made the right decision on Thomas, they should have traded him rather than lose him for (very likely) not even a comp pick.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Seahawks G J.R. Sweezy expected to sign with Cardinals

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Waste of a trade.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen agrees to terms with Vikings
Davis agrees to terms with Da Bears

Stephen - 3 years/$12.45 million

Davis - 2 years /$6 million

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of big things happening all over the league the last few days and I'm glad we're staying out of a lot of it.

Not happy to see Dee Ford go to SF and Sweezy to Arizona? Better have got way more money than we would have paid because 2 years is not a long term thing and he "wanted to stay in Seattle." I think we need to bring Fluker back in losing Sweezy, with keeping Jordan Simmons as depth or the other OG.

I wouldn't have hated us picking up a LB to slide in because I don't think Wright is coming back.

Gotta hope for a good draft this year. I think that's key, especially having so few picks.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the teams making the biggest splash the first two days of free agency are the bottom dwellers because this is who they are. Will any of these teams catch up to the rest of the playoff teams, sure it’s possible. Just remember, they’re catching up not passing. The Hawks lose guys every year yet some how seem to be in the playoff hunt every year. It’s nice to land the flashy name and all that, but I’d prefer the Hawks turn the no name into the big name just as they did with Bennett and Avril. I’d say trade Frank if we can get a 1 & 3/4 for him while turning his what would be $20ish million into 2 solid guys in the $10mill range. It’s all about keeping Russ and Bobby long term and those will be our big name signings.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the teams making the biggest splash the first two days of free agency are the bottom dwellers because this is who they are. Will any of these teams catch up to the rest of the playoff teams, sure it’s possible. Just remember, they’re catching up not passing. The Hawks lose guys every year yet some how seem to be in the playoff hunt every year. It’s nice to land the flashy name and all that, but I’d prefer the Hawks turn the no name into the big name just as they did with Bennett and Avril. I’d say trade Frank if we can get a 1 & 3/4 for him while turning his what would be $20ish million into 2 solid guys in the $10mill range. It’s all about keeping Russ and Bobby long term and those will be our big name signings.

Avril was a stud for Detroit and Bennett was starting to be a stud for Tampa. How are those guys "no names"? i mean yeah Bennett you could say that but not Cliff Avril that guy was a Stud for the lions.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avril was a stud for Detroit and Bennett was starting to be a stud for Tampa. How are those guys "no names"? i mean yeah Bennett you could say that but not Cliff Avril that guy was a Stud for the lions.

Sorry, I should have phrased that better. Those guys were back end of free agency guys, not the big name splashes we've seen go over the last couple of days. Give me guys that have their potential on contracts that won't limit us from taking care of Russ and Bobby.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The market happened to be soft for D tackles right then, we got lucky signing those 2 for the price we did.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the contract details for Thomas. Glad we didn't pay that contract, now or last year. Clearly the Ravens are happy overpaying older/injury prone players since their QB position will be cheap for a while. Ours is not.

Sure Thomas is a top 2-3 safety when healthy (pending his recovery). Given he's 30 and suffered injuries over the last 2 seasons, I'm not willing to take that risk for premium salary cap - especially when Clark is demanding high $$$.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decision to not pay him, agreed.

But I don't think you can say the Hawks made the right decision on Thomas, they should have traded him rather than lose him for (very likely) not even a comp pick.
Think they were going to, just was a matter of waiting out the low ball offers. Then Thomas got injured.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the seahawks staff knows what they are doing because I think a big reason why our run game was so effective was because of fluker and sweezy.

It is fun seeing big names change teams but I like the seahawks approach they take lesser attractive names, put them on 1-2 year contracts then after it shows they are able to play at a high level on the team management will give them longer extensions. Fluker and sweezy were rejects from NY and Tampa and they had a good 2018 season

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, our 2020 comp picks are looking really good at the moment so if we decide to throw our name in the free agency hat I sure hope it's worth it. At this point I just hope we resign our top priority free agents, and focus on growth with some solid draft picks. The biggest thing to me is now that the LOB drama is officially gone we don't allow the team to be affected by any Frank Clark drama because he seems like the only one that could approach his situation similar to that of the LOB. Either sign him long term or trade him, and come draft day we may see just that.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look like Earl got the money he wanted.
Best of luck to him.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go!!

Hawks are on the board signing K Jason Myers to a four year deal in the $15-$16 mill range.

Will NOT cost a compensatory pick

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source: Pro Bowl kicker Myers joining Seahawks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myers should be an upgrade over Janikowski, but I do wish he would be better at PATs. Overall, though, I am feeling much better about our kicking prospects moving forward.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, nearly $4M per for a kicker.. yet I can't fault it entirely since Seattle cost themselves a playoff spot in 2018 and significantly reduced their playoff advance in 2019.

C- grade. Myers is okay, missed too many XP last year (which Seattle probably wont be kicking a ton of), and adds some youth to the position. Nearly $4M/year for a kicker.. you better be a rare talent. Myers really isn't, but it's no surprise Seattle overpaid to get some stability on special teams which has cost them SEVERELY in the past.