• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 US Open

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bizarre, serena's coach even admitted he was coaching.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osaka's just cleaning her clock so far. Serena just can't move anymore.
She never could really move once she became fat. Just that her opponents could never exploit this and mix it up to beat her. This and the fact that she acts like a goon and threatens people physically brings the intimidation factor.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I can't understand is how she just completely fell apart that service game after she finally broke Osaka. Osaka didn't even have to work.
She fell apart because once you stand up to a bully the right way they all fall apart!! Lol

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She never could really move once she became fat. Just that her opponents could never exploit this and mix it up to beat her. This and the fact that she acts like a goon and threatens people physically brings the intimidation factor.

key's to beating serena...

return serve well, and move her.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
key's to beating serena...

return serve well, and move her.
Also believe that security shall protect you in the parking lot IF that situation should arise.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bksballer: brother I like you as a tennis fan but please try to get out of Serena’s arse where you are deeply buried. The same goes for all the ESPN sports writers out there.

Last edited:

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also believe that security shall protect you in the parking lot IF that situation should arise.

lol, yes, can't be intimidated, but there have been a lot of players with better ground games, but gotta get the serve back first.

i was pissed when henin retired at #1. she had just been serena in 3 slams in one year.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After she says, “I didn’t say that” a fan says “yes you did” LOL!!

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like never watch tennis and you can say that every coach does it, but there’s no way you can claim that he was just giving her thumbs up. Literally no one gives thumbs up that way.

And if she didn’t see it how did she know he was just giving her thumbs up? Or was that supposed to be after some one told her what he did?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miss entitled plays the victim. she then plays the mother card. So funny

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena is still one of the best in womens tennis even old and fat. She might still have another GS in her if she gets in a little better shape.

The problem with womens tennis is that noone had Serenas powere up till now. The last few years though that seems to be changing. Players like Osaka and Sabalenka are going to take over soon.

This kinda reminds me of Rhonda Rousey. She had no competition. Once legit women fighters started getting involved and Rousey got a little older it was all downhill.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooting for Osaka in the Finals. If Keys had made it, I would have rooted for Serena.

I think Serena usually has more trouble with great movers and players that can keep balls in play. See Kerber, Clijsters, da Vinci, Ivanovic, Henin.

Sure, some power players have beaten her too (Pliskova, Stosur, Muguruza). But I think a better strategy is to get balls in play and make her run, and let her commit errors.

I'm not sure if Osaka can do this well enough. We will see.

I liked the Keys vs. Osaka match. It was a fun matchup.

This was a great call from the beginning. Nicely done.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miss entitled plays the victim. she then plays the mother card. So funny

she told ramos she would never cheat because she had a daughter. ramos should have said, hey i have 5 daughters. lol

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena is still one of the best in womens tennis even old and fat. She might still have another GS in her if she gets in a little better shape.

The problem with womens tennis is that noone had Serenas powere up till now. The last few years though that seems to be changing. Players like Osaka and Sabalenka are going to take over soon.

This kinda reminds me of Rhonda Rousey. She had no competition. Once legit women fighters started getting involved and Rousey got a little older it was all downhill.

although it appears the pack has caught serena, i'm not sure anyone's going to take over in women's tennis. they seem to win a slam and then go into a shell. recently, 8 slams, 8 different champions is what i heard. the wta is weird.

it'll be interesting to see how osaka handles her new found fame.

beating serena has always been about returning her serve. there's been a lot of players with better ground games.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like never watch tennis and you can say that every coach does it, but there’s no way you can claim that he was just giving her thumbs up. Literally no one gives thumbs up that way.

And if she didn’t see it how did she know he was just giving her thumbs up? Or was that supposed to be after some one told her what he did?

meh, nothing mattered until she went down 4-3 in the second set. then everything bothered serena, and she melted down.

serena was just getting outplayed and out served. she doesn't take losing well.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll give Osaka credit for playing some of the best women's tennis I've seen in a long time. Serena's first serve wasn't doing her any favors but a big part of that is when she did get it in Osaka had no problem getting a good return on. When she started going to the net she did have some success but her fitness level wouldn't allow her to switch up like that (and the thought that Osaka might just send it right back in her face probably made her a little hesitant as well). I forget exactly when it was, but early in the 2nd Serena was doing a little better returning the 1st serve. When Osaka saw that, she drilled a body serve right into her at like 110. Serena tried to muster up a glare but she just had this look on her face like "I can't win". At that point I knew the match was over. If this is Osaka's game then this is just the first of many.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she told ramos she would never cheat because she had a daughter. ramos should have said, hey i have 5 daughters. lol
Ramos displayed more class in that one incident yesterday than Serena has in her whole career.