• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 mock draft thread

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 years of Dan always buying the shiny penny is the basis and reason to believe he will continue to do the same.

Not denying that - just questioning why someone like Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield or even Barkley can't also be that shiny penny.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep making these claims. What exactly is the basis for your opinion? RG3 was drafted over 5 years ago & in hindsight it was pretty much of a disaster. Why in the hell would Snyder want to repeat that? I still can't comprehend the premise that it would be for PR moves since I already mentioned that things like merchandise sales & live attendance are not that big of a factor in this era.

Well I guess my best explanation to your question is this.

They dont seem to want the very good QB we currently have. And the only reason I can logically come up with for them doing every thing they could to drive Cousins out of DC is because he ISNT the type of QB they want. And if Cousins isnt the type of QB they want, I can only surmise a Vick, RG3,Jackson type QB is what they want.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson has athletic talent. If he can and more importantly, if he WILL adjust to an offense based on timing and reading defenses remains to be seen. If push comes to it, I think gruden would prefer Mayfield or Darnold... Dan and Bruce probably want a walking sports center clip like Jackson though.

I mean...that applies to every qb prospect.

Not to mention he already has experience with some of that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...that applies to every qb prospect.

Not to mention he already has experience with some of that.

Well not for nothing, BUt Cousins has shown he CAN use his legs from time to time. But its not his first instinct.

Bottom line is, I wasnt a fan of Vick, I wasnt a fan of Griffin, Watson, and if by some chance the Redskins do end up with Jackson I expect it to be a very exciting, excuse laden failure.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess my best explanation to your question is this.

They dont seem to want the very good QB we currently have. And the only reason I can logically come up with for them doing every thing they could to drive Cousins out of DC is because he ISNT the type of QB they want. And if Cousins isnt the type of QB they want, I can only surmise a Vick, RG3,Jackson type QB is what they want.

So you believe that even if a Darnold or Rosen was available to them they would pass & basically that they are only looking for a black, athletic QB? I find that very hard to believe.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you believe that even if a Darnold or Rosen was available to them they would pass & basically that they are only looking for a black, athletic QB? I find that very hard to believe.

I think that they want the exciting athletic QB. Not my fault that most of those happen to be black. And yes part of it is based on playing to the DC market. I do think if they ditch Kirk, its going to have to be for a QB that the city will once again fall in love with. And lets be real, the DC fan base did fall hard for RG3. Could they go for a Darnold or Rosen?? Sure. But I think at the end of the day, Jackson is going to be all the Buzz come draft time.. and thats going to be the clencher for them. Not color, but flash and Buzz.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were shots in the dark. We all knew it when they signed.

My point still stands. Basing FA success rate on that sample is completely useless.
i can base it on that becuase that is what our team has done . and i can go back even further if you would like

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can base it on that becuase that is what our team has done . and i can go back even further if you would like

Go back as far as you like. As long as you limit your sample to one team you're biasing the hell out of your results.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back as far as you like. As long as you limit your sample to one team you're biasing the hell out of your results.

dad put his name on it and gave you names. If you want to tell him he is wrong that is your right but if you don't show he is wrong then all you have is words. FA is tool. Sure there are free agents that work out. There are lots that don't. Building a team requires being successful on multiple levels ... the draft, UFAs and FA. You need all to work to be successful. You also need a good coaching staff and FO.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that they want the exciting athletic QB. Not my fault that most of those happen to be black. And yes part of it is based on playing to the DC market. I do think if they ditch Kirk, its going to have to be for a QB that the city will once again fall in love with. And lets be real, the DC fan base did fall hard for RG3. Could they go for a Darnold or Rosen?? Sure. But I think at the end of the day, Jackson is going to be all the Buzz come draft time.. and thats going to be the clencher for them. Not color, but flash and Buzz.

The DC fanbase fell hard for RG3 in 2012 when he was succeeding & for a bit in 2013 when he was not hurt. Most fans jumped off that bandwagon shortly thereafter. The Redskins fans also fell hard for Cousins during their playoff run. I still truly believe that the majority of Skins fans are behind Cousins. You are confusing some of the vocal "RG3 no matter what" fans with most of the fanbase. I also believe that most Skins fans want a winner & don't give a shit about QB style, looks, excitement or whatever. Joe Montana was perhaps the most boring QB ever - I am sure that Skins fans would kill to have a Montana clone.

Sure Snyder loved RG3, but that doesn't mean that he is looking for an RG3 clone in the next draft. That is complete conjecture on your part. Please show me a recent link, quote or whatever to back up your claims. The Redskins watched a mobile QB become successful but then fall apart & one of the reasons was that his willingness to run got him in trouble. You don't believe that this would concern them if they were to draft another QB who played in this manner?

Again - we have no idea what goes through Snyder's head & trying to guess is a complete crapshoot. Hell - for all we know he may be in love with Mayfield, Rosen or whoever. Also the DC fanbase is very diverse & they have different thoughts on how a team should be run & what type of QB should run the team. I would also bet that I could find way more fans in DC now that hate RG3 than love him & this would possibly turn them off to drafting an RG3 clone. We will see.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why go for a clone when you can get the real thing - lol. Love this attempt at damage control by RG3.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why go for a clone when you can get the real thing - lol. Love this attempt at damage control by RG3.

Dont you mean why go for a clone when the original CLOWN is still available?? :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - we have no idea what goes through Snyder's head & trying to guess is a complete crapshoot.

You're right but let me give it a shot............

This is Dan thinking about current and future earnings:

th

.........And here's Dan thinking about winning SB's with Bruce Allen as his GM/team President:

th

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, Dan's thoughts after another "winning off the field" season:

upload_2017-12-14_16-18-10.jpeg

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have strayed away from mock drafts here and got hung up on FA. i will put up a FA sticky here soon . now how about some people putting up some way to early mocks ?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad put his name on it and gave you names. If you want to tell him he is wrong that is your right but if you don't show he is wrong then all you have is words. FA is tool. Sure there are free agents that work out. There are lots that don't. Building a team requires being successful on multiple levels ... the draft, UFAs and FA. You need all to work to be successful. You also need a good coaching staff and FO.

I think I explained why his method was wrong but I'm happy to try again if that's what you want.

All any of us have is words. This is a message board after all.

As for everything you wrote about team building I totally agree.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a fan of first pick . com so I did a couple mocks there for fun.

1st one is with Kirk in town, 2nd is without Kirk. And I didnt trade down in either since I think the site makes that a little too easy/tempting to secure 20 picks lol.

Also not sure how up to date their projections are. Most seemed pretty good but there were some weird things like Baker Mayfield lasting till the 4th in the first one (I just pretended he wasnt there).

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok heres without Kirk...ended up way more similar then I planned lol.

Round 1 Pick 10: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville (B)
Round 2 Pick 10: Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia (A-)
Round 3 Pick 10: Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis (A)
Round 4 Pick 10: Auden Tate, WR, Florida State (C)
Round 5 Pick 10: Maea Teuhema, OG, LSU (B+)
Round 6 Pick 10: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland (B+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa (B+)