• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Texas Rangers offseason thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ouch this sounds bad. Read he lost velocity and extension. Hopefully treatable or get surgery soon. Really potential bad break for our Fuure stud SP

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting new ballpark read

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many times will a call to the bullpen be needed? last season we had a total of 29 saves so we might as well go with a closer by committee instead wasting time with a designated closer

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many times will a call to the bullpen be needed? last season we had a total of 29 saves so we might as well go with a closer by committee instead wasting time with a designated closer

For your point to be valid your would need to state how many save opportunities we had, which was 50

Even better, how many save opportunities did we have after the 9th inning? Not sure where to find that info though

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, watch it now. Don't be throwin' my name around like that.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For your point to be valid your would need to state how many save opportunities we had, which was 50

Even better, how many save opportunities did we have after the 9th inning? Not sure where to find that info though
no idea either but Claudio was 11 for 15 and Bush was 10 for 15 the rest were 8 for 20. no one jumps out there plus some are talking Lincicum as a closer and I don't think that works so why not just use him, Claudio and Bush as a committee

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope the leash is very short from here on out because it has been way too long in the past.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope the leash is very short from here on out because it has been way too long in the past.

It’s not going to be a short leash. You should know that by now.

For some reason this organization is enamored with Odor and craps on profar any chance they get. Odor has been given a contract and the guys paying that contract will want to see him on the field.

Unfortunately for me, Odor is quickly becoming my least favorite ranger because I feel like he’s been given tons of chances already, and he hasn’t made any substantial progress in shoring up his weaknesses ( pitch selection, never taking walks, crappy batting average). I don’t know why we have this tendency to fall in love with guys and just give them a starting spot without having the balls to bench people or cut bait when they aren’t performing.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not going to be a short leash. You should know that by now.

For some reason this organization is enamored with Odor and craps on profar any chance they get. Odor has been given a contract and the guys paying that contract will want to see him on the field.

Unfortunately for me, Odor is quickly becoming my least favorite ranger because I feel like he’s been given tons of chances already, and he hasn’t made any substantial progress in shoring up his weaknesses ( pitch selection, never taking walks, crappy batting average). I don’t know why we have this tendency to fall in love with guys and just give them a starting spot without having the balls to bench people or cut bait when they aren’t performing.
Well you must believe in the 1st amendment. Ya said it loud and clear.