• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Spring Practices Thread

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you guys forget about ol' lighting Louie left foot. Of 1847 came in and ran for four TDs kicked the extra points and won homecoming king all in the same day. Point is. It's been done before.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Mikale Wilbon. Waiting for the light to come on for him.

Ideally I'd rather see Bryant grab the spot and make it hard to take him off the field with Ozigbo coming in as change of pace.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Mikale Wilbon. Waiting for the light to come on for him.

There's always one guy on the roster who everyone thinks is better than his playing time. . MW is gonna get a good four years of 'what should OF been'

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Turner, Charles Jackson as well, DPE in line

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always one guy on the roster who everyone thinks is better than his playing time. . MW is gonna get a good four years of 'what should OF been'

Cough (Cody Green) Cough.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently KJJ is cleared to start practicing.

He looks like he lost a lot of weight from being sick. Had to lose it one way or another. Kid had baby fat.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been catching up on the spring stuff and new coach diaco.

Marcus Newby I thought he played well last season and it looks like Diaco does also. He agrees with me and i stayed at a Holiday Inn.

Lightbourne. I think Lightbourne's biggest problem last year was Coach Read. When Read was fired, Lightbourne had a really good game in the bowl loss to Tennessee.

Ober, Darlington, and Drew Brown are very, very good. You want consistency with those three, and you got it.

Gebbia, 165 lbs. My first year of college I grew four inches and added 30 pounds, hopefully he does to. One thing for sure, he throws the ball 1,000,000 % better than I did. I could throw a ball 20 yards with zip and accuracy, after that my passes were just ducks.

Defensive backs are still the best position on the defense at Nebraska and there is depth there. Hopefully, Nebraska can find an edge rusher.

I don't think Nebraska has a front seven. I always liked Chris Weber over Banderas, he should be good in the middle. Moving Dedrick Young in the middle is good, because he struggles on the edge. But who is the edge guys? No one from last year's team showed any edge rush, occasionally Marcus Newby did, but Banker did not want him doing that. Banker preferred the no pressure on the QB defense.

Nose tackle with Carlos Davis is solid. After that, no one on the front seven stood out at least for me.

I am encouraged with the O line with Gates, Farmer, and Foster. I thought Decker should have received playing time last year, especially with Utter being injured. Knevel, there has to be a better right tackle.

Running backs, wow, I will go with Tre Bryant. I thought he sucked as a return man, but played well as a running back. Ozigbo is a beast and is probably the next Imani Cross.

Receivers are loaded. Lost a lot, but brought in a ton of talent. I think you could put any of them on the field together and have a great receiver corps. Morgan, Pierson El, Darlington should know the routes. Johnson, McQuitty, Lindsey, Spielman, Williams(coach son), and Kade Warner all have the talent. I doubt Darlington ever sees the field as a receiver.

Tight end? No clue. Have any of them actually played in a Nebraska football game?

QB sounds like it is Tanner Lee, but at least he and O'Brien are in what sounds like friendly competition. My money is on Lee to be the starter because Devaney likes him, Langsdorf likes him, and Archie Manning likes him.

bring on Spring and the Spring Game.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Knevel starts at RT it's going to be a real bad year for Lee back there, at one point I was glad when Sterup finally graduated but it's really exactly the same with Knevel. Someone please tell me we have better linemen than this

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone so high on Tanner Lee being named the starter next season just because he has playing experience? Have any of these people looked at his stats the two seasons he played at Tulane? He completed 53% of his passes and threw 23 TD's and 21 INT's with -287 yards rushing. The passing numbers are comparable to Tommy Armstrong's passing stats with no rushing yards. I know the argument will be that he didn't have the receivers that he will have at Nebraska but, he also didn't play against BIG defenses either. I hope I'm wrong and Lee is better than I think he'll be but, I just don't see it happening.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone so high on Tanner Lee being named the starter next season just because he has playing experience? Have any of these people looked at his stats the two seasons he played at Tulane? He completed 53% of his passes and threw 23 TD's and 21 INT's with -287 yards rushing. The passing numbers are comparable to Tommy Armstrong's passing stats with no rushing yards. I know the argument will be that he didn't have the receivers that he will have at Nebraska but, he also didn't play against BIG defenses either. I hope I'm wrong and Lee is better than I think he'll be but, I just don't see it happening.
Have you not had much koolaid Rat?
The scouting reports on Lee starting last year are that he's going to shock some folks, that's coming mostly from guys on the team, while TA was starter on said team. I'm anxious to see him live at the spring game.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because people aren't high on him just because of his playing experience. People who see practice have noted how good he's looked. Add in the fact that he appears to have the leadership characteristics and maturity of a good QB and it makes him the clear favorite.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the talk has been there from all levels. comments from DBs about the scout team last year, talk from WRs about differences between TA and TL. talk from Devaney about the kid being a potential NFL caliber player.

i know nothing about his Tulane years, other than the stats. maybe some piss poor O-line play? He only played in 9 games in 2015 and got sacked 20 times. they only had 1400 yards rushing in 2015, that placed them #119, so basically the team was pretty bad.

a year off and new tutelage will hopefully get him up to 60%, which would be a boat load of improvement over what TA did last year.