• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB & 2 of his kids

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Spence signs contract with Indianapolis Colts

Good deal for Sean. Nice paycheck there. There was some rumbling about him maybe coming back to the 'Burg, but idt it was ever really discussed. No record of him talking to the Steelers.

As it stands right now, there is no legit back up for the Mack position. At least not one with a skill set similar to Shazier.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brace yourselves Steeler Nation...Colbert has signed not one, but two FAs!!

Steelers sign running back Knile Davis 

Steelers add veteran corner Coty Sensabaugh 

The early yah or nay on Davis has been nay from what I've been seeing. I don't think it's a bad signing...I say that before I see the contract, but I can't imagine either is for big money. He has good speed, change of pace, KC basically drafted kids who were better, but the fact they brought him back after releasing him tells he they thought he was productive just not a great player.

Sensabaugh is clearly the vet CB that was willing to play for the Steelers offer. From TN so he will have some experience in the scheme...now if Gay can't find some type of game (imo he won't) and Golson can't find the field for real games, they have another body they can put out there.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brace yourselves Steeler Nation...Colbert has signed not one, but two FAs!!

Steelers sign running back Knile Davis

Steelers add veteran corner Coty Sensabaugh

The early yah or nay on Davis has been nay from what I've been seeing. I don't think it's a bad signing...I say that before I see the contract, but I can't imagine either is for big money. He has good speed, change of pace, KC basically drafted kids who were better, but the fact they brought him back after releasing him tells he they thought he was productive just not a great player.

Sensabaugh is clearly the vet CB that was willing to play for the Steelers offer. From TN so he will have some experience in the scheme...now if Gay can't find some type of game (imo he won't) and Golson can't find the field for real games, they have another body they can put out there.
2???? Holy crap!!!!

wide-eye-gif.gif

IDK anything about Sensabaugh, but judging by the fact that he wasn't on anyones' radar I'm going to guess he's not much of a player?

Davis... Not sure what to think of that. Why haven't they resigned D-Will?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2???? Holy crap!!!!

wide-eye-gif.gif

IDK anything about Sensabaugh, but judging by the fact that he wasn't on anyones' radar I'm going to guess he's not much of a player?

Davis... Not sure what to think of that. Why haven't they resigned D-Will?

Sensabaugh...his most effective yr was '15 in TN where he started 10 games...pretty decent stat line. I think his experience with Lebeau is why he's in PIT. He's on record saying he's already comfortable with the scheme so terminology is the only thing he needs to learn. 28 y/o so a bit younger than Gay...I see him mostly as insurance.

Davis...only 25 y/o...strange to bounce around as much as he did LY, but I think there is concern the DWill is not going to be able to stay healthy.

My feeling on FA overall...with AB's deal and Bell's tag we were not going to see a Green type signing this yr. I was surprised they showed as much interest in Hightower. They have brought in a some bodies that they like for the money mostly as insurance or depth...I expect them to either re-sign Mathews or another vet DE and that will be a wrap for FA.

IMO...Hunter could be a big contributor if he comes in with the right attitude. We shall see.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sensabaugh...his most effective yr was '15 in TN where he started 10 games...pretty decent stat line. I think his experience with Lebeau is why he's in PIT. He's on record saying he's already comfortable with the scheme so terminology is the only thing he needs to learn. 28 y/o so a bit younger than Gay...I see him mostly as insurance.

Davis...only 25 y/o...strange to bounce around as much as he did LY, but I think there is concern the DWill is not going to be able to stay healthy.

My feeling on FA overall...with AB's deal and Bell's tag we were not going to see a Green type signing this yr. I was surprised they showed as much interest in Hightower. They have brought in a some bodies that they like for the money mostly as insurance or depth...I expect them to either re-sign Mathews or another vet DE and that will be a wrap for FA.

IMO...Hunter could be a big contributor if he comes in with the right attitude. We shall see.
This is what Colbert has typically done in the past. He fills holes with cheap FAs, then if the Draft falls in a way that doesn’t get the players he wants to fill those holes he is still in good shape. No reaching... They have guys that can be upgraded if the draft falls that way, or they can play if it doesn’t.

Just smart team building, not world beating stuff.

Davis... I think the gamble on Karlos WIlliams played into this signing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Colbert has typically done in the past. He fills holes with cheap FAs, then if the Draft falls in a way that doesn’t get the players he wants to fill those holes he is still in good shape. No reaching... They have guys that can be upgraded if the draft falls that way, or they can play if it doesn’t.

Just smart team building, not world beating stuff.

Davis... I think the gamble on Karlos WIlliams played into this signing.

Add Tyson Alualu to the mix.

Pittsburgh Steelers come to terms with free agent DL Tyson Alualu

I like this pick a lot. Mathews did a decent job, but this guy has more upside....should be a good depth player...most likely as a DE.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Tyson Alualu to the mix.

Pittsburgh Steelers come to terms with free agent DL Tyson Alualu

I like this pick a lot. Mathews did a decent job, but this guy has more upside....should be a good depth player...most likely as a DE.
Not familiar with Alualu, but I had seen a discussion on SteelerDepot or BTSC about him. Seemed like the majority saw it as a great signing if they landed him. Would like to know more about him, and I'm sure we'll be getting some good material written momentarily on one of those sites.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not familiar with Alualu, but I had seen a discussion on SteelerDepot or BTSC about him. Seemed like the majority saw it as a great signing if they landed him. Would like to know more about him, and I'm sure we'll be getting some good material written momentarily on one of those sites.

Former top 10 overall pick...has shown some pass rushing ability...legit rotational guy with Tuitt and Heyward...based on past history I expect him to get 2 to 3 sacks with this team as a back up.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1