• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orndoff...really? Thought he might have more catching ability than that...if that's the case...he won't stick around then. Odom...interesting will have to do some home work on him.

With Juju being a lock @ WR...makes me wonder if they will go with 1 less TE.
Well it wasn't that Spaeth couldn't catch. It was simply that he wasn't very fast and was better suited in the trenches. Orndoff has good hands, but he's not fast. For comparison, Jesse James ran a 4.66s 40 & had a 37.5" vert, while Orndoff ran a 4.79s 40 and had a 27" vert.

Odom... Called it. Steelers already signed him.

Steelers' Phazahn Odom: Inks contract with Steelers
Steelers sign TE Phazahn Odom and LB Matt Galambos
2017 NFL Draft Profile: Phazahn Odom

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

And I never even looked at his until just now...we're off on a few but eerily close.

Kozora 2017 Steelers 53 Man Roster Prediction - Post Draft Edition - Steelers Depot
Well that goes along with your 1 less TE & 1 more WR thought. They also only went with 4 ILBs. Risky move cutting one of those guys out of the ST squad.

Also found it interesting that they left Holba off in favor of Warren, and didn't even put Holba on the PS. I'd laugh if that were the case.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it wasn't that Spaeth couldn't catch. It was simply that he wasn't very fast and was better suited in the trenches. Orndoff has good hands, but he's not fast. For comparison, Jesse James ran a 4.66s 40 & had a 37.5" vert, while Orndoff ran a 4.79s 40 and had a 27" vert.

Odom... Called it. Steelers already signed him.

Steelers' Phazahn Odom: Inks contract with Steelers
Steelers sign TE Phazahn Odom and LB Matt Galambos
2017 NFL Draft Profile: Phazahn Odom

Yeah you did....91 players now, we need to see who gets let go.

Spaeth...yeah true, he could catch it. I actually never felt they went to him enough, same as Johnson...plays were telegraphed too much. If you can catch...sub 4.8 is not bad vs zone coverage. But it will be hard to make this team for Ornoff when it's clear they seem to be looking for more of a speed TE.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that goes along with your 1 less TE & 1 more WR thought. They also only went with 4 ILBs. Risky move cutting one of those guys out of the ST squad.

Also found it interesting that they left Holba off in favor of Warren, and didn't even put Holba on the PS. I'd laugh if that were the case.

3 TEs is too light. Exposing Grimble on PS is too risky with Green's history. It will be interesting now with Odom pushing Grimble.

I have feeling Holba makes this team, Warren might just be hanging around to tutor the kid.

ILBs I think Watt and or Adams are versatile enough to slide inside if needed...I know Watt is.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you did....91 players now, we need to see who gets let go.

Spaeth...yeah true, he could catch it. I actually never felt they went to him enough, same as Johnson...plays were telegraphed too much. If you can catch...sub 4.8 is not bad vs zone coverage. But it will be hard to make this team for Ornoff when it's clear they seem to be looking for more of a speed TE.
Is it 91 including the addition of both Odom & Galambos? Steelers.com isn't showing any transactions for them so it might not be official yet.
3 TEs is too light. Exposing Grimble on PS is too risky with Green's history. It will be interesting now with Odom pushing Grimble.

I have feeling Holba makes this team, Warren might just be hanging around to tutor the kid.

ILBs I think Watt and or Adams are versatile enough to slide inside if needed...I know Watt is.
I like Grimble too much & would hate to see him slide to the PS. Even if Green can stay on the field we know he's a ticking time bomb. Coaches have to fear that too. Makes more sense to keep Grimble or Odom around. 2 true blocking TE's (that can still catch when called upon) & 2 hybrid TEs seems right. DJ being position flexible TE/FB only helps his case. But also have to wonder if they get Nix involved in the passing game it may come at DJ's expense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it 91 including the addition of both Odom & Galambos? Steelers.com isn't showing any transactions for them so it might not be official yet.

I like Grimble too much & would hate to see him slide to the PS. Even if Green can stay on the field we know he's a ticking time bomb. Coaches have to fear that too. Makes more sense to keep Grimble or Odom around. 2 true blocking TE's (that can still catch when called upon) & 2 hybrid TEs seems right. DJ being position flexible TE/FB only helps his case. But also have to wonder if they get Nix involved in the passing game it may come at DJ's expense.

91...I was just doing the math in my head...last I checked..(Sat.) they were at 90. So I just assumed they need to make another cut today once they signed Odom.

Grimble...yeah, whether it's Green/Grimble, or Green/Odom along with James/Johnson, I like 4 TEs a great deal over 3 and 7 WRs.

Nix/Johnson...Imagine if you're a DC and you see a 2 wide, Nix, Bell, 1 TE formation with the TE being Johnson...with Haley's history, you're thinking run 90% of the time. Seems like he could use this formation in the RZ to get some targets to either one of those guys to move the chains or get 6.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dug this up for your viewing pleasure @ATL96Steeler

Thanks!

What I pulled from this...obviously the level of competition steps up quite a bit to what he's used to but...when the play calls for him to block, he finds his assignment and carries it out.

Love his willingness to attack the seam in between the safetys, he can high point the ball.

He has a shot to make it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks!

What I pulled from this...obviously the level of competition steps up quite a bit to what he's used to but...when the play calls for him to block, he finds his assignment and carries it out.

Love his willingness to attack the seam in between the safetys, he can high point the ball.

He has a shot to make it.
I definitely like what I am seeing in that video. Like you said, level of competition may skew his abilities a bit. But he definitely has the athleticism. Great size, which I think was the main boost for his blocking ability at that level of comp. But his hands are exceptionally good. Something we know Grimble struggles with. I have a feeling this kid is going to make some headlines at camp.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely like what I am seeing in that video. Like you said, level of competition may skew his abilities a bit. But he definitely has the athleticism. Great size, which I think was the main boost for his blocking ability at that level of comp. But his hands are exceptionally good. Something we know Grimble struggles with. I have a feeling this kid is going to make some headlines at camp.

I know it was a highlight clip so we don't see the downside of his game, but the kid has some skills that I haven't seen from Grimble enough to say he's secure. I agree...he's going to make a few plays in camp that will raise some eyebrows.

More than anything I think he brings more competition to the position group. Nobody can really afford to coast. If Grimble wants to make this team he has to be at his best.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it was a highlight clip so we don't see the downside of his game, but the kid has some skills that I haven't seen from Grimble enough to say he's secure. I agree...he's going to make a few plays in camp that will raise some eyebrows.

More than anything I think he brings more competition to the position group. Nobody can really afford to coast. If Grimble wants to make this team he has to be at his best.
Well his draft profile docked him for his "play strength" in both blocking & route-running. FWIW, it was written by NFL.com writer & sports talk show host (Lance Zierlein), who is not an NFL scout by any means so I take his reviews with a grain of salt... After reading the review I question whether he was actually watching game film or not. Because most of what he lists as weaknesses show as strengths in most game film that I've watched.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adios Johnson & Malleck... We hardly knew ye

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB & JuJu workin

Love seein & hearing that JuJu had reached out & is working with AB already. That sort of attitude will take this kid far in the NFL. Keep grinding kid! @ATL96Steeler

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1