• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NFL QB TIER RANKINGS (ESPN)

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really have to bring race into this?

tumblr_mhdjfeRRmD1s4z8ogo1_500.gif

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 league insiders (coaches and Executives) placed NFL QB’s in Tiers from 1-4. This is an ESPN Insider article. I am sure everyone does not have insider so I compiled the list.

The list is in the order of their ranking overall.

TIER 1– The Quarterback can carry his team each week. The team wins because of him. Expertly handles pure-pass situations

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger
Drew Brees
Matt Ryan

TIER 2 – Can carry his team sometimes, but not as consistently. Can handle pure pass situations in doses or possesses other dimensions that are special enough to elevate him above Tier 3. Has a hole or two in his game.

Andrew Luck
Derek Carr
Phillip Rivers
Matthew Stafford
Russell Wilson
Eli Manning
Cam Newton
Kirk Cousins

TIER 3 – QB is a legitimate starter, but needs a heavier run game and/or defense to win. A lower volume pass offense makes his job easier.

Dak Prescott
Joe Flacco
Carson Palmer
Marcus Mariota
Jameis Winston
Andy Dalton
Alex Smith
Carson Wentz
Ryan Tannehill
Sam Bradford
Jay Cutler
Tyrod Taylor

TIER 4 - could be an unproven player with some upside, or a veteran that is ultimately best suited as a backup. Teams might not want these guys starting all 16 games.

Trevor Siemian
Mike Glennon
Colin Kaepernick
Blake Bortles
Paxton Lynch
Brian Hoyer
Jared Goff
Tom Savage
Josh McCown
Brock Osweiler
Cody Kessler
Lol, kirk cousins folds like an accordion when he plays a top defense

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These things are tough . Are you basing it on right now? If you are then Big Ben is too high. Career? Get Ruan out of there. Luck is too high as well and I'd probably move some other guys as well but most of them are young so tough to really grade them

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when ESPN was an respected authority on football?

I almost forgot ESPN even existed. They're about as reputable a source for anything as the "homeless veteran" panhandler standing at the parking lot entrance of your local Wal-Mart.

UTKipp1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost forgot ESPN even existed. They're about as reputable a source for anything as the "homeless veteran" panhandler standing at the parking lot entrance of your local Wal-Mart.
Hey, that guy gave me great fantasy advice!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it linked? Were they placed in that order for a reason? Like is this a rank em in order list or just a compiled list?
I have the list in terms of points, but it'd get kind of messy. I can post it if you like when I have more time- but what I posted is correct: The first 9 QB's based on points are white. The 10th is Russell Wilson. It plays a lot into perception of how QB's (or any position) are viewed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think top of tier 3 is actually dead on for Dak if one approaches things conservatively (which is the more scientific way of doing things) but that begs the question why guys like Carr and Flacco are as high as they are.
Do tell? Science is based on data and facts, right? I don't really care what category you want to put Dak in, but how is assuming he will be way worse than anything he ever has been scientific?

IMO Dak is in this category simply because he only played one year and because they titled it "needs a run game" which is what every marginal NFL fan thinks of Dak based on what they've read in the paper. Maybe it was the EXECUTIVE secretary to the chief ball washer they interviewed...

Personally I think Dak is a top 10 or higher QB, but I kind of agree this is the category he should be in right now because it's just too early to know for sure what he is.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the list in terms of points, but it'd get kind of messy. I can post it if you like when I have more time- but what I posted is correct: The first 9 QB's based on points are white. The 10th is Russell Wilson. It plays a lot into perception of how QB's (or any position) are viewed.

The only black starting QBs are Tyrod Taylor, Cam Newton, Jameis Winston and Russell Wilson and neither of them are tier 1 QBs. But I will say they are both better than Andrew Luck and Matthew Stafford and should NOT be in the same category or tier as Kirk Cousins.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 league insiders (coaches and Executives) placed NFL QB’s in Tiers from 1-4. This is an ESPN Insider article. I am sure everyone does not have insider so I compiled the list.

The list is in the order of their ranking overall.

TIER 1– The Quarterback can carry his team each week. The team wins because of him. Expertly handles pure-pass situations

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger
Drew Brees
Matt Ryan

TIER 2 – Can carry his team sometimes, but not as consistently. Can handle pure pass situations in doses or possesses other dimensions that are special enough to elevate him above Tier 3. Has a hole or two in his game.

Andrew Luck
Derek Carr
Phillip Rivers
Matthew Stafford
Russell Wilson
Eli Manning
Cam Newton
Kirk Cousins

TIER 3 – QB is a legitimate starter, but needs a heavier run game and/or defense to win. A lower volume pass offense makes his job easier.

Dak Prescott
Joe Flacco
Carson Palmer
Marcus Mariota
Jameis Winston
Andy Dalton
Alex Smith
Carson Wentz
Ryan Tannehill
Sam Bradford
Jay Cutler
Tyrod Taylor

TIER 4 - could be an unproven player with some upside, or a veteran that is ultimately best suited as a backup. Teams might not want these guys starting all 16 games.

Trevor Siemian
Mike Glennon
Colin Kaepernick
Blake Bortles
Paxton Lynch
Brian Hoyer
Jared Goff
Tom Savage
Josh McCown
Brock Osweiler
Cody Kessler

Interesting article, huh !!!!!
NEWPICTURE34-1.gif~c200
yeah, If you have the IQ of a donkey and the eyesight of a barn bat....:dhd:

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Ryan is a tier 1 QB? Why not put Flacco there too? At least he won his SB.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes! ESPN has always had a boner for Andrew Luck. They were part of the hype machine for him since the day he was drafted.

Luck is the poster boy for "Its everyone elses' fault"

"Grigsen sucks"

"Oline sucks"

"Defense Sucks"

All things the truly great ones have overcome time and time again

He cant stay healthy, his decision making is awful

He's been fortunate enough to be in a shitshow division, and has earned the right to head New England a couple of times in January and lose by a combined score of 749-52

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kaep came in 28th? Hmmm, sounds like blackballed to me.

And don't give me that lame ass distraction shit, because it didn't distract the 49ers last year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:

Love the hate that Ben gets from fans... Glad these coaches & execs know proper football