• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Gents and Red, the 2017 NFL draft is upon us. Starts at 8:00 PM EST. This is where you bring your draft chats. Here we are again, like we do every year as Rams fans-HOPING. With all of the mocks that we have been through, the real draft begins and we must sit on day one UNLESS the Rams trade up into the first round. I hope we do the opposite and trade down and pick up more picks but we shall see.

The rules are in force on this thread just as they were last year. A reminder. You can get as passionate as you want. No name calling on other posters though but ex-Rams coaches and owners are fair game!

Have fun and we shall see how the new regime comes out of this one. HOPEFULLY, the Rams will emerge with new and explosive talent that adds to a new start and let's us all forget the previous 17 years of futility!!

I'll see you all here on the draft thread!!

Last edited:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK....I'll be the 1st! ..........WE NEED A STUD CENTER! :pop2:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do need a center. I am fairly convinced this Center class is a pretty good one.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do need a center. I am fairly convinced this Center class is a pretty good one.
okay warden, I'm gonna hold you to it. Let's get that damned USC WR, seems like a good kid in spite of being a Toejamb!!!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay warden, I'm gonna hold you to it. Let's get that damned USC WR, seems like a good kid in spite of being a Toejamb!!!

If Corey Davis WR slips or Adore Jackson CB is there at #37 - I'd be tempted as well. Word is on JuJu is that he's more talented than Robert Woods, just needs to get mentally tougher.

You watch those guys out there more than I do.

I think we can get 2 centers in this draft. In the NOS mock draft (which was fairly good/accurate) the 1st center came off the board with the first pick of the 3rd round - Elfein. Pocic was about 7 picks later. Then I took Orlosky late in the 4th. Toth was taken early in the 5th. Baylor and Utah centers were taken late in the 6th. That's it.

If we could one of those top 4 centers + Chase Roullier from Wyoming in this draft? I'd be really happy. Even Toth is a good prospect and could be a starter.

I do think center is not the sexy pick in a draft like NOS's mock. So you might see them come off the board a bit sooner and maybe a few more as well.

But I still think we can get 1 good one and possibly another this weekend. :hope:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets and Browns both need a Center as well.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but with the eyes of a fan, it appears you watch them more with the eyes of a scout.

If Corey Davis WR slips or Adore Jackson CB is there at #37 - I'd be tempted as well. Word is on JuJu is that he's more talented than Robert Woods, just needs to get mentally tougher.

I think we can get 2 centers in this draft. In the NOS mock draft (which was fairly good/accurate) the 1st center came off the board with the first pick of the 3rd round - Elfein. Pocic was about 7 picks later. Then I took Orlosky late in the 4th. Toth was taken early in the 5th. Baylor and Utah centers were taken late in the 6th. That's it.

If we could one of those top 4 centers + Chase Roullier from Wyoming in this draft? I'd be really happy. Even Toth is a good prospect and could be a starter.

I do think center is not the sexy pick in a draft like NOS's mock. So you might see them come off the board a bit sooner and maybe a few more as well.

But I still think we can get 1 good one and possibly another this weekend. :hope:
Thanks for the detailed answer, I just get this feeling that we will be picking today.

Shedding some cap space and moving up in a highly talented CB pool this years has all the makings of seeing Tru packaged in some fashion, I just hope we are prudent in the process. Tru is a proven commodity and I would really like to see him in Phillips scheme to see what we really have.

I mean, if we trade him to another team and plays in a 3-4 and goes to the Pro Bowl, we f'd it up!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ

Isn't the C position really only 4 deep?

After that, they are pretty much just projects, right? And the Rams need a C that could start and play soon in case Sullivan doesn't work out.

If the C start going earlier than expected, then the Rams may need to address the position sooner rather than later.

It's one of the reasons I'm hoping for a trade down in the 2nd to pick up an extra 3rd/4th rounder.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but with the eyes of a fan, it appears you watch them more with the eyes of a scout.

Thanks for the detailed answer, I just got this feeling that we will be picking today.

Shedding some cap space and moving up in a highly talented CB pool this years has all the makings of seeing Tru packaged in some fashion, I just hope we are prudent in the process. Tru is a proven commodity and I would really like to see him in Phillips scheme to see what we really have.

I mean, if we trade him to another team and plays in a 3-4 and goes to the Pro Bowl, we f'd it up!

I just watch football brah. Usually fire up the smoker, grill some bacon wrapped jalapenos w/cream cheese and some ribs. Drink some Budweiser or usually tequila before the FSU game comes on. Maybe that's it.. The tequila helps me see a true identity!

And I know that feeling you are talking about and it scares me. If we trade Tru and get a few picks I'm in. But I don't want to trade up and use more picks. You know Tru is going to have a good season this year if he stays healthy. I am all for sell high.

I think our front 7 will be so bad ass that it will make a young CB look good. Less time for QB = better for DBs.

I heard Tampa is talking to 3 teams for their mid-1st round pick and Titans are chatting with someone about their #5 pick. :L

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And remember everyone blasting the Cowboys for taking Fredrick's in the 1st?

Yeah, now the Cowboys are the ones laughing.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ

Isn't the C position really only 4 deep?

After that, they are pretty much just projects, right? And the Rams need a C that could start and play soon in case Sullivan doesn't work out.

If the C start going earlier than expected, then the Rams may need to address the position sooner rather than later.

It's one of the reasons I'm hoping for a trade down in the 2nd to pick up an extra 3rd/4th rounder.

I think so. Which is why I want Orlosky or Toth + another center for depth. Chase Roullier is rated as the #3 center by some but won't come off the board until the 6th round IMO.

I'd love to get 2 centers and was planning too in the mock but I had to make a sexier pick with the RB to make a splash. In real life I probably take Roullier in the 7th or at least get him after the draft.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watch football brah. Usually fire up the smoker, grill some bacon wrapped jalapenos w/cream cheese and some ribs. Drink some Budweiser or usually tequila before the FSU game comes on. Maybe that's it.. The tequila helps me see a true identity!

And I know that feeling you are talking about and it scares me. If we trade Tru and get a few picks I'm in. But I don't want to trade up and use more picks. You know Tru is going to have a good season this year if he stays healthy. I am all for sell high.

I think our front 7 will be so bad ass that it will make a young CB look good. Less time for QB = better for DBs.

I heard Tampa is talking to 3 teams for their mid-1st round pick and Titans are chatting with someone about their #5 pick. :L

The Titans are probably talking to the Browns so that they can draft M.T. after taking Garrett #1

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans are probably talking to the Browns so that they can draft M.T. after taking Garrett #1

The Browns could absolutely kill this draft just by staying put. Trubinsky and McCaffrey are getting so much hype - it's funny.

If I was the Browns I'd be taking Garrett and Dalvin Cook at #12, then loading up on defense and see if a QB falls to me. That division is not young and we've seen the Defense + solid RB movie in the playoffs before.

But.. It's Cleveland. The place where QBs go to die

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The need for a QB is so HUGE in this league, it makes teams do stupid things ( see Rams 2016 draft:pound:)

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And teams really kill themselves when they fall in "love" with players ( see Rams 2009 & 2014:gaah: ).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And remember everyone blasting the Cowboys for taking Fredrick's in the 1st?

Yeah, now the Cowboys are the ones laughing.

It comes down to a matter of value. Drafting a center in the 1st round will always look like a reach. Could they have drafted him with their second round pick? We'll never know.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's agruably the best C in the league, and they got him at the end of the 1st. To me, that's value.

I know C isn't a popular pick in the 1st ( hence the ridicule when they took him ), but the C position is the QB of the OL, much like MLB is for the defense. The position is way more vital than people give it credit for ( look at the mess the Rams have had at the position for the past decade and tell me they shouldn't have invested a higher pick on a stud C ).

Unless it's a P or a K ( unless you are the Raiders ), every position on that field is worthy of a 1st round pick.