• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 News & Transactions

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal isn't final just yet. Apparently the "mystery team" made a last second push...

:hope:

I really hope he goes somewhere else. Literally any other team.

Of The Nine who've left (only 3 remain), none have come back to haunt us. They either retired or were so far away...the Dodgers are right there. It would even be ok if we sucked, or they did, then you could root for him. Can't do it.

Reactions: LHG

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal isn't final just yet. Apparently the "mystery team" made a last second push...

This is really going to be an interesting test for Romo. I feel like it's gotta be the Nationals who are in on him. So, does he go to his childhood team, the team he has always dreamed of pitching on, but in the process destroys any ties he has to San Francisco? Or does he go across the country in an unfamiliar environment, away from his (extended, and maybe immediate) family but save his face in Giants' lore?

Assuming LA doesn't beat the mystery teams' offer, you can bet that not only will the fans dislike the move (they'll dislike it either way), but I could even see it rubbing some people in the Giants organization the wrong way if he leaves money on the table to go pitch for our rival. It would make for some drama at least.

Last edited:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of The Nine who've left (only 3 remain), none have come back to haunt us. They either retired or were so far away...the Dodgers are right there. It would even be ok if we sucked, or they did, then you could root for him. Can't do it.

Yeah there's just no way I can root for him if he goes to LA.

Reactions: LHG

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be okay if he did well but the the Dodgers' team stunk. That would be perfectly fine.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I really fear about Romo going to the dogs is that inevitable comment he will make at some point saying how this is a dream come true, or how he is "home" and where he always belonged (think Brett Butler).

Like I said, in my mind, Romo has earned the right to play for his childhood team with me consent. But if that actually happens, I fear he will do something to make me rue the day...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be okay if he did well but the the Dodgers' team stunk. That would be perfectly fine.

Well sure, me too. But him doing well helps them not stink. Also he may be doing well against us, since we face them 19 times.

But yes ideally he would suck vs the Giants, do well against everyone else, and help the Dodgers to a 79-83 season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I really fear about Romo going to the dogs is that inevitable comment he will make at some point saying how this is a dream come true, or how he is "home" and where he always belonged (think Brett Butler).

Like I said, in my mind, Romo has earned the right to play for his childhood team with me consent. But if that actually happens, I fear he will do something to make me rue the day...

He should read this...if he can't get your consent then maybe he won't go there. :heh:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno, it's seems different from Kent and Butler...we basically said to him "thanks, and good luck." We wanted Kent and Butler back but they shat on us.

I'd be ok with him doing well except 19 games a year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official as of about 10 mins ago...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Romo takes a significantly below market deal to pitch with the Dodgers..... that hurts.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EA claimed by Minnesota. His circus continues.
Every year, it seems like more and more players go on the dfa merry-go-round, with Richie Schaffer being the merry-go-round champ (Rays to Mariners to Phillies to Reds to Indians). However, there were a few others that landed on three or four team's 40 man rosters this offseason.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yusmerio Petit has signed an MiLB deal with the Angels, with an invite to ST.

I think the Angels could be sneaky good this year. Not that this move puts them over the top, but it got me looking at what they've done and I kinda like it.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Angels could be sneaky good this year. Not that this move puts them over the top, but it got me looking at what they've done and I kinda like it.
Lots of question marks with just about every team in that division. The Angels have a shot.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a nice pickup. Petit is coming off a bit of a down year, but nothing overly horrible. And he has the track record of being a solid contributor.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is real interesting. Brian Wilson is trying to come back as a knuckleball starting pitcher