• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 MBBRL NOMINATIONS TO FILL OBLIVION SPOTS

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not making the same mistake we did last year, bringing up the nominations for oblivion far too late after the season, and far too early to get much interest..like zero interest.

As I'm sure we're all aware, MIcro and Stomp are set for possible replacement in BATG. THis thread is to find nominations for those spots, in order to setup the official pool, top 2 vote getters are in.

I'll kick it off by nominating
@DUB former MBBRL alum
@ehb5 -MBBRL2 owner
@femurov -MBBRL 2 owner
@DirtDirtDirt
@CreepCreep2014
@richig07

keep the nominating process open until end of week 16..poll up and finalized by end of week 17, in an effort to get it done before peeps wander away from fantasy football until next august

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity how does this all work and what's the league like?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity how does this all work and what's the league like?
probably won't be the only one to ask..

So, in the MBBRL redrafts, we have a two tiered "system". MBBRL "A" or Keepers of the Flame, consist primarily of the 12 of us who started the idea..after a couple years, with more interest, we added another 12 team league MBBRL "B" or Barbarians at the Gate. In doing so we set up a system where 2-4 teams would move "up" to KOTF every year, while 2-4 A owners move "down" to B. The number of teams moving up are determined by A league vs B league total points scored..if B league outscores A league, 4 teams move up, if not, only 2--4 teams has yet to happen though. Teams chosen to move up are the "breakdown record winner, and the league champion. If the same team wins the breakdown, power ranking and the league championship, only one team will move up, but this also has never happened. Over the years, many of us originals have been sent to B, a few have semi retired, and one is back amongst us as a nominee.

Eventually we determined that new blood should have the opportunity to be infused, and we opened up the bottom two spots in "B" in what we call "oblivion". The 2 teams up for "oblivion" get an automatic nomination to retain their spots, but the remaining 22 owners (12 in A and the other ten in B) will vote on any nominees for those two potential openings.

Both leagues are setup with the exact same scoring setup and rules. With the exception of decimal scoring and a slight tweak to D/ST scoring, everything is as standard as possible. The goal of MBBRL was to determine the best of the best players, not the best of who could manipulate a scoring system better, so everything is very vanilla setup wise. Almost everyone who has joined, has said they'd rather win this league, than their own money leagues. Been next to nothing but positive and very very little drama

This year, Stomp and Micro were the worst teams as per their power rankings, and as such, they're spots are open..and now we're fielding nominees.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably won't be the only one to ask..

So, in the MBBRL redrafts, we have a two tiered "system". MBBRL "A" or Keepers of the Flame, consist primarily of the 12 of us who started the idea..after a couple years, with more interest, we added another 12 team league MBBRL "B" or Barbarians at the Gate. In doing so we set up a system where 2-4 teams would move "up" to KOTF every year, while 2-4 A owners move "down" to B. The number of teams moving up are determined by A league vs B league total points scored..if B league outscores A league, 4 teams move up, if not, only 2--4 teams has yet to happen though. Teams chosen to move up are the "breakdown record winner, and the league champion. If the same team wins the breakdown, power ranking and the league championship, only one team will move up, but this also has never happened. Over the years, many of us originals have been sent to B, a few have semi retired, and one is back amongst us as a nominee.

Eventually we determined that new blood should have the opportunity to be infused, and we opened up the bottom two spots in "B" in what we call "oblivion". The 2 teams up for "oblivion" get an automatic nomination to retain their spots, but the remaining 22 owners (12 in A and the other ten in B) will vote on any nominees for those two potential openings.

Both leagues are setup with the exact same scoring setup and rules. With the exception of decimal scoring and a slight tweak to D/ST scoring, everything is as standard as possible. The goal of MBBRL was to determine the best of the best players, not the best of who could manipulate a scoring system better, so everything is very vanilla setup wise. Almost everyone who has joined, has said they'd rather win this league, than their own money leagues. Been next to nothing but positive and very very little drama

This year, Stomp and Micro were the worst teams as per their power rankings, and as such, they're spots are open..and now we're fielding nominees.

Neat. Sounds pretty interesting. I might try and cut back on leagues next year cuz I think I finally reached the point where I was in more leagues than was fun but I am interested. Id probably still join if selected lol.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat. Sounds pretty interesting. I might try and cut back on leagues next year cuz I think I finally reached the point where I was in more leagues than was fun but I am interested. Id probably still join if selected lol.
is that an acceptance of the nomination at least?

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAM!!! Thanks for the nomination!! Appreciate and will accept...Thanks again!

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 238.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My interest is peaked. Thank you for the nomination.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not making the same mistake we did last year, bringing up the nominations for oblivion far too late after the season, and far too early to get much interest..like zero interest.

As I'm sure we're all aware, MIcro and Stomp are set for possible replacement in BATG. THis thread is to find nominations for those spots, in order to setup the official pool, top 2 vote getters are in.

I'll kick it off by nominating
@DUB former MBBRL alum
@ehb5 -MBBRL2 owner
@femurov -MBBRL 2 owner
@DirtDirtDirt
@CreepCreep2014
@richig07

keep the nominating process open until end of week 16..poll up and finalized by end of week 17, in an effort to get it done before peeps wander away from fantasy football until next august

I am good with all those guys.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Tis a good list

:thumb:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im good with it. I cant see any glaring omissions but if someone not listed in interested now is the time to throw your hat in the ring...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great list. Going to be extremely hard making choices.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sign me up:suds:

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF not to come off smug but you got DUB's title wrong.... it should read...

"DUB former Champion and MBBRL alum"

If the people are going to vote, they need the official title.

Thanks for a shot!

-DUB-

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never mind Packer fans but it would be weird as I have been the only one involved for a while.

Reactions: DUB

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF not to come off smug but you got DUB's title wrong.... it should read...

"DUB former Champion and MBBRL alum"

If the people are going to vote, they need the official title.

Thanks for a shot!

-DUB-
That's very true,I'll make sure to give you credit when I make the poll :)

Reactions: DUB