• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AP OVERRATED/UNDERRATED contest

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never went on the thread but immediately when I seen FSU at 3 I knew they were overrated and they've proven me right again and again and again.

And that's great, but until you make it public, there is no reason for anyone to believe you.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Chryst may win COTY, but Indiana played a harder schedule than you, along with 40 other teams.

Let's not pretend Wisconsin was out there beaten elite teams. You played 1 team that is currently ranked I believe (Northwestern), and that was before they got hot.

I never said he faced the hardest SOS and in fact I was happy that we had a weaker schedule since the Huskies went to the CFP last year with one loss despite having a weak conference and the worst OOC SOS. Winning all your games at the P5 level is tough. We've seen plenty of those top teams choke vs weak opponents and lose or barely win but Wisconsin was never in jeopardy of losing and has never lost one single game. Badgers might end up being the only P5 team being undefeated. Don't forget the Badgers SOS is better than Bama's and their top 3 wins are just as good as Bama's and they crushed those teams while Bama barely escaped against their top opponents specifically Miss st. who shouldn't be ranked as high as they're. We know the committee props up LSU and Miss st. to make Bama's wins appear better. The committee didn't drop Miss st. down one spot while they dropped Iowa from 20 to out of the rankings. Maybe Wisconsin should keep the score closer instead of curb stomping their opponents so the committee doesn't drop them out of the rankings.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's great, but until you make it public, there is no reason for anyone to believe you.

I could care less if anyone believes me or not. It is what it is and I had FSU as overrated. I was wrong with USC though and they turned out to be overrated as well but I fell for the hype.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he faced the hardest SOS and in fact I was happy that we had a weaker schedule since the Huskies went to the CFP last year with one loss despite having a weak conference and the worst OOC SOS. Winning all your games at the P5 level is tough. We've seen plenty of those top teams choke vs weak opponents and lose or barely win but Wisconsin was never in jeopardy of losing and has never lost one single game. Badgers might end up being the only P5 team being undefeated. Don't forget the Badgers SOS is better than Bama's and their top 3 wins are just as good as Bama's and they crushed those teams while Bama barely escaped against their top opponents specifically Miss st. who shouldn't be ranked as high as they're. We know the committee props up LSU and Miss st. to make Bama's wins appear better. The committee didn't drop Miss st. down one spot while they dropped Iowa from 20 to out of the rankings. Maybe Wisconsin should keep the score closer instead of curb stomping their opponents so the committee doesn't drop them out of the rankings.

Nope.

NCAA College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings & Ratings

Alabama is 22nd, Wisconsin is 42nd

And another one showing Alabama ahead of Wisconsin.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...otball-strength-of-schedule-rankings-2017-sos

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I read what you did @Great Dayne

And I wouldn't exactly be screaming this from the rooftops -

But Wisconsin’s schedule has actually been tougher than No. 1 Alabama’s through 11 games, according to one analytic ranking.

The Sagarin Rankings, invented by sports statistic Jeff Sagarin, measure up college football teams by a number of factors, one of which is strength of schedule. Wisconsin’s schedule has been the 55th toughest in the country through 11 games, while Alabama’s ranks 63rd in the rankings.

One person saying so doesn't make it true.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I read what you did @Great Dayne

And I wouldn't exactly be screaming this from the rooftops -

One person saying so doesn't make it true.

Massey and Sargin has the Badgers sos as tougher. Our top 3 wins are teams that are just as good as Bama's top three wins and they beat them by a larger margin. Bama has been better at curb stomping the cupcakes.

You're believing the dumb national narrative. The fact is Wisconsin's schedule at the very least is just as good as Bama's and their top three wins and best OOC win is just as good if not better.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massey and Sargin has the Badgers sos as tougher. Our top 3 wins are teams that are just as good as Bama's top three wins and they beat them by a larger margin. Bama has been better at curb stomping the cupcakes.

You're believing the dumb national narrative. The fact is Wisconsin's schedule at the very least is just as good as Bama's and their top three wins and best OOC win is just as good if not better.

Okay, I'm looking now.

I would say Wisconsin's top 3 wins are:

vs #23 Northwestern, vs Iowa, and vs Michigan

Alabama's are:
vs #19 LSU, @#16 Miss State, and @ Texas A&M

Alabama's Margin of victory in those games is: 9.666
Wisconsin's Margin of Victoy in those games is: 15.666

Using those 3 games ONLY:
Wisconsin was Away: 0 times
Alabama was Away : 2 Times

Current Record of just those 3 teams:
Wisconsin's Opponents: 22 -11
Alabama's Opponents: 23 -10

So I'm not sure how you can say Wisconsin's schedule is harder. Your margin of victory against your opponents is better, but you also played all you 'big' games at home, and the margin is still less than a TD.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaaaa Whaaaaaa whaaaa my QB was hurt so that gives me an excuse for the rest of my team that's just so talented to suck and lose to terrible teams.

signed FSU fans

Your team was ranked third in the preseason rankings and won't even be considered a top 50 team by the end of the season even though according to FSU fans they have all the talent in the world. By definition they were an overrated team injuries or not.

End of discussion

So no AV bet on first rounders FSU vs Wisconsin?

Year didn't think so.... but but but Wisconsin is loaded!! :dhd:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wiscy

How about top 10 lottery picks? Got any of those?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to tell Wiskey boy what Wiscys record would be if they faced BAMA Miami Clemson NC St? Hell BC or Syracuse on the road?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Chryst may win COTY, but Indiana played a harder schedule than you, along with 40 other teams.

Let's not pretend Wisconsin was out there beaten elite teams. You played 1 team that is currently ranked I believe (Northwestern), and that was before they got hot.

Nobody is saying UW's schedule was something to behold...but I don't think Alabama fans should be crowing like they played the #1 SOS in the country either...

NCAAF Sagarin - NCAAF Football - USA TODAY

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to tell Wiskey boy what Wiscys record would be if they faced BAMA Miami Clemson NC St? Hell BC or Syracuse on the road?

No clue, then again, I'm sure in your little what if game they'd be 0-11.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But no where have I said Alabama played a hard schedule. Hell, it's not our fault FSU shat the bed this year.
But it's our fault BYU did? It's our fault the B1G west is the SEC east this year? You're applying a double standard...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit...sucked in by another bunch of bullshit...like AP and UPI natty's...FML

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's our fault BYU did? It's our fault the B1G west is the SEC east this year? You're applying a double standard...

Not at all, but a preseason unranked BYU team is very different from a preseason #3 FSU team.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'm looking now.

I would say Wisconsin's top 3 wins are:

vs #23 Northwestern, vs Iowa, and vs Michigan

Alabama's are:
vs #19 LSU, @#16 Miss State, and @ Texas A&M

Alabama's Margin of victory in those games is: 9.666
Wisconsin's Margin of Victoy in those games is: 15.666

Using those 3 games ONLY:
Wisconsin was Away: 0 times
Alabama was Away : 2 Times

Current Record of just those 3 teams:
Wisconsin's Opponents: 22 -11
Alabama's Opponents: 23 -10

So I'm not sure how you can say Wisconsin's schedule is harder. Your margin of victory against your opponents is better, but you also played all you 'big' games at home, and the margin is still less than a TD.

You're utilizing the rankings from the SEC homer committee which is fraudulent. Again they prop up LSU and Miss St to make Bama's wins appear better.

Michigan has three loses and all have come to winning teams with only 3 loses or less. The beat the living hell out of Florida in the OOC game

Northwestern has 3 losses has lost to Duke but it was a P5 team and they have beaten one 2 loss P5 team.

Iowa has 5 loses and did poop the bead last week which could've easily been Miss st and if that happens the opponents records switch. However Iowa does have a win vs 1 2 loss team and Iowa st (who beat Oklahoma and TCU).

LSU lost to Troy at home then beat up on a bunch of SEC teams that are firing their coaches. They did beat Auburn after Auburn went conservative. Their best OOC W was Syracuse.

Miss St. has 2 wins over teams with a winning record in A & M and LSU. They were destroyed by Auburn and Georgia but nearly beat Bama. Their best OOC W was Umass which they struggled with

Texas A&M lost to UCLA and best OOC win was to the 5-5 Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. They will most likely end up with 5 loses next week after losing to LSU. Their best win was over a 4 loss South Carolina team.

So the Badgers top opponents had higher quality OOC wins and loses not as bad as those three that Bama did with LSU losing to Troy and Texas A&M losing to UCLA who just fired their coach. The overall record of the three does have one more loss but it's in a higher quality conference. On top of that their margin of victory over the three was larger.

Again, at worst Badgers top three opponents have been just as good as Bama's top three opponents and they beat them by a larger margin. Bama has beaten their cupcakes by a larger margin. Your OOCS was also just as bad as ours with Mercer, 4 win FSU and Fresno st. While we had BYU, Utah St. and 3 loss FAU.

At the very worst the Badgers schedule is comparable to Bama's except Badgers have beaten their top opponents by a larger margin while Bama has run up the score on their lower level wins.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all, but a preseason unranked BYU team is very different from a preseason #3 FSU team.
Why? BYU won 3 games and FSU 4. Crap is crap, regardless of color, I just flush and move on.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By design, the worst I can do is break even.

I feel pretty good about Bama not winning the title and me getting positive points though.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? BYU won 3 games and FSU 4. Crap is crap, regardless of color, I just flush and move on.

Because if FSU played BYU this year, last year, or any year since Ty Detmer left, the game wouldn't be close.