• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will find out soon. Like I said many times I just want to see improvement.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree but maybe the arrow is pointing up. They also say Tank looks good in his new role.

Who is 'they'?

Baalke said he THINKS Carradine will have a good year, but this doesn't mean anything in this case.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It almost feels like Baalke drafted players that JimTom couldn't figure out how to utilize. I think we have existing and new good talent that hasn't really been on the field.

agree, there IS some existing talent. Before Harbaugh (2010), it didn't appear we had much talent at all, not to mention he had to use the 'flailing' Alex Smith. But much more talent came thru, in 2011.

So with some good coaching, it can happen to some extent. Granted, not to the same extent as for Harbaugh.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, i don't recall anyone else saying this, but ok.

IF he shows it on the field, great for us. If not, already think he won't make the 53.
well I have seen it multiple times. just go to 49ers.com or bleacherrepor.com. u can see what they say. Good stuff.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well I have seen it multiple times. just go to 49ers.com or bleacherrepor.com. u can see what they say. Good stuff.

i mean, HOW can they say Carradine looks good in his new role? Are they running plays with pads on, full speed?

What they might've said was he looks good trimmed down?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The the rookie structuring now it's not as big a deal as it use to be.

Yep, now we don't see those lengthy holdouts.

Also good Buckner finished with school already, no delay in his transition.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, now we don't see those lengthy holdouts.

Also good Buckner finished with school already, no delay in his transition.

Same thing with Garnett and Blair. No delays. Niners and the Browns are odds on favorite to have the #1 pick on next year's draft. I'll be happy if the Niners finish 8-8. At least it will be an improvement. Baby steps.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Same thing with Garnett and Blair. No delays. Niners and the Browns are odds on favorite to have the #1 pick on next year's draft. I'll be happy if the Niners finish 8-8. At least it will be an improvement. Baby steps.

agree, 8-8 would be ok this season. We still don't have a quality QB, and the O-line is yet unproven. Guess its possible Gabbert and maybe even Kaep, are better suited in Kelly's offense? Not that we'll then become contenders, but then 8-8 is even more attainable.

Last years draft class will really start to contribute this season. i expect Buckner and Garnett to contribute now, so that will help this years team. Not expecting much from the rest of the rookies, THIS season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, 8-8 would be ok this season. We still don't have a quality QB, and the O-line is yet unproven. Guess its possible Gabbert and maybe even Kaep, are better suited in Kelly's offense? Not that we'll then become contenders, but then 8-8 is even more attainable.

Last years draft class will really start to contribute this season. i expect Buckner and Garnett to contribute now, so that will help this years team. Not expecting much from the rest of the rookies, THIS season.
What sucks is next years QB class is worse then this year. U have an undersize QB from Clemson and the Kid from Miami that isn't that great and kid from ole Miss. I think the kid from Ole miss has the highest ceiling.

Weak class in 2017. Man I would really want the RB from LSU if we are in the bottom half of the top 10 or the WR from USC Ju JU Smith.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-8 is a dream....the only way SF gets to that is pretty much every break going their way - no injuries, fluke turnovers, players over playing their actual ability, etc.

If this team gets to 4-5 wins....I'd call that a success.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It don't think too highly of either QB so I would rather suck next year so they can get a franchise QB, next years class should be better than this years.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It don't think too highly of either QB so I would rather suck next year so they can get a franchise QB, next years class should be better than this years.

Again, your opinion is your opinion.

Mine is.....i want to win every game we play. I have never approached a game thinking "i hope we lose". Same as this season, i always hope for a good season, not a bad one so we can pick top 5.

Once the kick-off is made, i'm rooting LOUD and Clear to WIN!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, your opinion is your opinion.

Mine is.....i want to win every game we play. I have never approached a game thinking "i hope we lose". Same as this season, i always hope for a good season, not a bad one so we can pick top 5.

Once the kick-off is made, i'm rooting LOUD and Clear to WIN!

I root to win as well but If I had to choose between going 8-8 and missing the playoffs, and finishing 5-11 and missing the playoffs their is no difference and at least they would be picking in a spot to get a QB without having to trade their draft board to get one. You were discussing how going 8-8 would be nice when it in fact gets the team no closer to competing unless they get lucky with a mid to late round QB pick and I have little hope of that happening with Baalke. He'll need a sure fire QB in the first to have any hope of getting it right. Watson or Kaaya here we come.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-8 is ok when you have a young QB in place that looks like they will be come a franchise QB with the 8-8 season is building toward the following one where the expectation is more. With the QB situation the 9ers have 8-8 would really be catastrophic for future development.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I root to win as well but If I had to choose between going 8-8 and missing the playoffs, and finishing 5-11 and missing the playoffs their is no difference and at least they would be picking in a spot to get a QB without having to trade their draft board to get one. You were discussing how going 8-8 would be nice when it in fact gets the team no closer to competing unless they get lucky with a mid to late round QB pick and I have little hope of that happening with Baalke. He'll need a sure fire QB in the first to have any hope of getting it right. Watson or Kaaya here we come.

i take it one game at a time, and want to win each game at a time. AFTER the season is over, then I think about our draft slot.

i don't project to the end of the season, and hope for a bad record. Even if get the 2nd pick overall, doesn't guarantee we draft the QB prospect we want?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i take it one game at a time, and want to win each game at a time. AFTER the season is over, then I think about our draft slot.

i don't project to the end of the season, and hope for a bad record. Even if get the 2nd pick overall, doesn't guarantee we draft the QB prospect we want?

Taking it one game at a time is fine, I'm not hoping for a bad record really but I don't see any other outcome this year so why go half way and then have to trade half their draft picks to get a QB which is what the team really needs.