• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off- how can you tell me or anyone else that doesn't suck up to LBJ that we have endless issues with him? That's so ridiculous. Without contrast there would be no debate.

LBJ happens to be the topic of discussion- but like Shaqdaddy said I guess if we're not in favor of him we shouldn't be allowed to take part in those discussions, right? Even though you always chime in when someone says something about LBJ-even though you claim to not be a fan. And somehow that's supposed to be acceptable vs. what is being debated.

And dancing around facts is all you do- because truth be told you're only here trying to get as many "funny" ratings as possible. And no, there's nothing you can say or do that will change my mind in a debate because it's hard to take you seriously.

Whatever you say LAD. I pointed out how many losing seasons as owners both Gilbert & Buss have had. And once I pointed out that Buss has had 3 losing seasons in 3 years & Gilbert's have 4 in 12 then you mentioned the ring count for both teams. That has nothing to do w/ the fact that Buss has yet to even have a winning season. And it wasn't until after I said that that you then claimed you meant after LeBron is no longer playing for the Cavs. Again...try to focus on the current situation rather than looking into the future.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you say LAD. I pointed out how many losing seasons as owners both Gilbert & Buss have had. And once I pointed out that Buss has had 3 losing seasons in 3 years & Gilbert's have 4 in 12 then you mentioned the ring count for both teams. That has nothing to do w/ the fact that Buss has yet to even have a winning season. And it wasn't until after I said that that you then claimed you meant after LeBron is no longer playing for the Cavs. Again...try to focus on the current situation rather than looking into the future.
Your point is moot since Jimmy doesn't even have the same number of seasons under his belt as Gilbert. Which I think is a major factor that you've left out, along with the fact that a season ending without a title is a losing season in the eyes of most-a fact that you've "danced" around- which probably explains why you can't get to the same conclusion as me.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point is moot since Jimmy doesn't even have the same number of seasons under his belt as Gilbert. Which I think is a major factor that you've left out, along with the fact that a season ending without a title is a losing season in the eyes of most-a fact that you've "danced" around- which probably explains why you can't get to the same conclusion as me.

If I agree w/ you (which I actually don't) will you drop this topic since we are just going back & forth? For anything I have said you come up w/ another off-the-wall reason why a comparison isn't fair because of where your Lakers are right now. How about just comparing each of their 1st three years as owners then? That also doesn't make the Lakers look good. And I already know what you're gonna say. It'll be something like this...well it isn't fair to compare their 1st three years as owners because Gilbert had LeBron. Buss already has 3 losing seasons & is only 1 losing season behind Gilbert. And that's a fact that can't be disputed. I'm done w/ this topic. Good luck to your Lakers this year.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jeremy Evans is the odd man out on this Pacers roster...Rakeem Christmas is in.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you love us or hate us, you've got to give the Pacers credit for not spending recklessly during the summer of the massive cap spike. Even with all the moves we've made, we're set up nicely to have flexibility going forward. Larry Bird knows what he's doing.

So many other teams can't say the same thing, as $64 million man Ian Mahinmi is going to be out a month:

Wizards' Ian Mahinmi (knee surgery) out 4-6 weeks, signing remains head-scratching

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I agree w/ you (which I actually don't) will you drop this topic since we are just going back & forth? For anything I have said you come up w/ another off-the-wall reason why a comparison isn't fair because of where your Lakers are right now. How about just comparing each of their 1st three years as owners then? That also doesn't make the Lakers look good. And I already know what you're gonna say. It'll be something like this...well it isn't fair to compare their 1st three years as owners because Gilbert had LeBron. Buss already has 3 losing seasons & is only 1 losing season behind Gilbert. And that's a fact that can't be disputed. I'm done w/ this topic. Good luck to your Lakers this year.
I'm not trying to get you to just agree. It is healthy to disagree in debates- hence the word 'debate'.

My point though is that you can't say Gilbert has owned the Cavs for 12 seasons-and has only 1 championship during that period- and then say that he's got only a few more losses than an owner who is only 4 seasons in because that particular owner doesn't have any championships.

In doing so it would appear you're skipping the 11 seasons where owner A (Gilbert) didn't win- yet counting all of the seasons owner B (Jimmy) didn't win at all. IMO 11 & 4 are not close to each other. Now, maybe you're point would be more valid if they had the same number of years as owners and Gilbert has a championship but Jimmy doesn't.

Anyway, enjoy the Cavs.....err...Celtics season as well!

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you love us or hate us, you've got to give the Pacers credit for not spending recklessly during the summer of the massive cap spike. Even with all the moves we've made, we're set up nicely to have flexibility going forward. Larry Bird knows what he's doing.

So many other teams can't say the same thing, as $64 million man Ian Mahinmi is going to be out a month:

Wizards' Ian Mahinmi (knee surgery) out 4-6 weeks, signing remains head-scratching
Well, they didn't know he was going to tear his meniscus when they signed him. I do agree it was an overpay, but I don't think it was necessarily a redundant signing as the article suggests. Ian and Gortat have different skill sets, it will be nice to have Mahinmi in spots when we need his defense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, enjoy the Cavs.....err...Celtics season as well!

Now I'm a Cavs fan? :crazy:...:L If I'm a Cavs fan then you're a bandwagon Warriors fan. How long have you been a G.S. fan, 5 minutes after they beat the Cavs 2 years ago?:nod:

:lol:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm a Cavs fan? :crazy:...:L If I'm a Cavs fan then you're a bandwagon Warriors fan. How long have you been a G.S. fan, 5 minutes after they beat the Cavs 2 years ago?:nod:

:lol:
:heh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smart to keep cap space available. If they can get a little more help for Paul George, the Pacers could make some serious noise in the East.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not spam! My name is Anthony Carrasco and I am personally aiming to reach out to sports fans and enthusiasts just like me! Check out the new FREE sports app launching this month! Use promo link: FireFan to get bonuses on app launch day! #firefan will change how we watch our favorite teams compete, and tap into our natural competitive spirit as fans, with fantasy like prediction play IN REAL TIME! Play, share, earn points, redeem and get rewarded!

giphy.gif