• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2016 National Championship: Alabama vs Clemson ESPN 7PM EST

Who wins?

• Alabama

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 72 64.3%

• Total voters

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's the fuckin Heisman? Who? Who? It ain't that fuck from Louisville!!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm no. If Alabama wants Dabo, Dabo will go to Alabama. It's his dream job, he was part of the 92 championship team as a walk on who played.

I don't think he would go anywhere else though. And we aren't replacing Saban with him, so it probably doesn't even matter.

i don't think i'd go that far. possible and maybe even probable, but the dude has a good gig where he is and it wouldn't be definite.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way Bama fans, you're not this guy who had a chance to throw for $1 million dollars...

Where was this man's father growing up

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ma B hole tightens up I cringe so hard.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ma B hole tightens up I cringe so hard.

it could tighten up and still be a fucking huge gaping hole with the density of a collapsed star that light can't even escape from

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way Bama fans, you're not this guy who had a chance to throw for $1 million dollars...

Where was this man's father growing up

Damn I didnt know they gave Jeremy Johnson the opportunity to win that much money, lucky bastard.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll entertain me for a moment. My mama wrote this and posted it on FB a few minutes ago and if I'm being honest with you motherfuckers, it made me cry. My Grandmama and my Granddaddy are the reason that I'm a Clemson fan and my mama paid them an awesome tribute. This is what it means to most of us Clemson fans, it's about family. Keep in mind that my mama is a gamecock, but here it is:

"We all have stories. Thought I'd share this one tonight...appropriately enough. It started with a poor farm boy and his best friend (whose Daddy was a Clemson graduate). The farm boy heard about THE TIGERS from his best friend and grew to love them. But it wasn't until after World War 2 that the best friend (by then a Clemson graduate himself) invited the 23 year old farm boy (just returning from the war) to BIG THURSDAY. I can't be certain but I think that was the beginning of the farm boy's fanaticism. The farm boy was my Daddy and his best friend was Charlie.

Through the years the Moorer fanaticism has grown in number. I'm not sure if my Mama had a "favorite team" of her own before she married my Daddy in 1950. I'd like to think so...she was born and raised in Olympia, the front yard of the now grand "Willie B". But I digress, it really didn't matter because my Daddy was a very persuasive man and she "donned" THE ORANGE and became a diehard fan. About 17 years before he died, he built Mama a new house, and while every room contained Tiger memorabilia, there was one special room that she decorated with Tiger wallpaper, orange and white carpet and every little trinket and souvenir collected over their years of fandom. Can you see it???

Not sure why I didn't fall in line...I was 6 when I went to my first and only Big Thursday game and I spent many Saturdays in Clemson, but even at a young age I knew I looked my best in garnet and black. But me not wearing the orange didn't damper my Daddy's excitement. I had a younger brother, Kenny, and sister, Denise, that caught the fever. Later, Daddy was proud when Dorothy became part of "the family". She encouraged his craziness by insisting that the Saturday Gameday madness could be extended for the entire weekend (and even longer for AWAY games) if he bought a house on wheels. He owned 2 motorhomes during his lifetime and their primary use was Clemson football. I love you for that one, Dorothy! In the meantime, the Moorer Tiger fan base had exploded with 5 of 6 grandsons, Keith, Trey, Brett, Travis, and Chandler wearing the orange, so that rolling Tiger Paw motorhome was needed to transport his growing Tiger family. I admit to indirectly contributing 3 of those Tiger grands; thank goodness for Tate, the only holdout and my Gamecock cohort.

If you decided to marry or be buried on a weekend during football season, in all likelihood, my Mama and Daddy did not attend. Christmas and birthdays at Daddy and Mama's meant only one thing...the shelves at Mr. Knickerbockers were bare! It was crazy with orange and purple everything for everyone (except me and Tate) and Daddy loved it. He and Mama wore the orange overalls, the orange shirts, the orange shoes, the orange socks, the orange boxers, the orange hats/caps; he carried orange umbrellas and even the $2.00 bills in an orange wallet. IPTAY stickers covered the rear windows of their vehicles with orange flags flapping in the wind and a Tiger tail hanging from the rear bumper as they travelled West on I-26 on Saturdays, always making the obligatory stop on 385 at the rest area in the center of the highway with all the other orange fanatics. And yes, I admit it, even as an adult I accompanied them occasionally!

Daddy died in 1989 and never saw his grandsons marry, increasing his number of Tiger family members with Callie, Tammy and Julie (notice I didn't include you Ali, Jaime, and Carmen with those orange wearers). Mama and some of the grandsons continued to make the trip to Clemson occasionally but her mortal cheers fell silent in 2009. They would be tickled to watch the Carolina/Clemson bickering of their 15 great grandchildren - Tyler, Parker, Carley, Madisyn, Avery, Lawson, Ben, Brinton, Morgan, Sam, Kendall, Cullen, Rachel, Carsyn and Rylan.

Thinking about you tonight, Mama and Daddy! The last time your beloved Tigers won a national championship YOU WERE THERE with Kenny, Dorothy, Denise, Marsha, and "what's his name from NY" (why the heck did y'all go, Frick?) all riding in the blue and white van covered with orange Tiger paws. I have heard the tales!

Daddy and Mama, I think it's a sure thing to say...your legacy is not lost...the fanaticism continues....Madisyn, Lawson, Brinton, Morgan, Kendall, Cullen, Rachel, Carsyn and probably Rylan, too, are all proud wearers of the orange because of one poor little farm boy and his best friend. And so tonight, Mama and Daddy, and Uncle Charlie...just for you, C-L-E-M-S-O------N!"

CLE35FINAL31BAMA
CFP National Championship
Follow the action and hear from friends, experts and fellow fans.
FACEBOOK SPORTS
BmfoiPP.png

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to @Edisto_Tiger and the rest of Clemson nation.

:suds: :suds: :suds:

A well earned and impressive national title.