• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Fall Camp Thread

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you performance lab! -Bo P.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm just so happy with this staff and how they are taking advantage of tools they have and then relaying that to people, because to me it is damn impressive:

State-of-the-art performance lab helps get the best out of each Husker
also, this sort of stuff really makes me think our secondary will have a big jump this year in their level of play. hope it happens.

It also makes me laugh at DiNardo's comments about Nebraska having "the most laid back practice" out of any B1G team he'd seen.

I myself was concerned a bit hearing this, but then Riley gave perfectly sound reasoning that I absolutely agree with 100%

‘Pac-12 style’?
Big Ten Network analyst Gerry DiNardo said Nebraska went “Pac-12 style” with preseason practice, having coaches focus as much on technique as anything else. Hard physical contact during the early part of camp was at a minimum.

“We actually did things for a shorter duration and fast — we tried to stay fast,” Riley said. “And we also — it’ll make people cringe if I say we ‘eased’ into camp, because it doesn’t sound like football — but we were careful, time-wise. These guys have been training since January. They train longer and harder than NFL players do. That is a fact. So, you know, it’s not about getting into camp and training, it’s trying to refine and put stuff in and try to do it fast, because that’s what football is about at some point. The physical part of being in shape — they’ve got to be done with that heading into football.

“What you run into, however, is they have a hard time duplicating all the movements you have in football. A receiver, when he gets out here to practice, he’s got to get off of press coverage, and then he’s got to run his 4.3 40, and then he’s got to come out of a break and try to compete to win a play. You do that repeatedly, that’s a lot of torque on you as you go. I failed — for years — I’d get a ton of groins and hamstrings and hip flexors, and I really wanted to avoid that. So we were very careful about the first few days about getting into it. And we’re still looking at it, but I’m almost 100 percent sure we cut way down on the soft tissue stuff. That means we actually got to practice with guys who are going to play in the game.”

Half our offense was out for most of the spring last year from soft tissue inuries (hamstring, groing etc.)
It was much better this year.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of it works out to more songs, then there will be more B1G programs next year running "Pac 12 style" workouts.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With him it is somewhat 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other. People forget that in addition to his 12 INTs the year before, he fumbled 10 times (losing 5) when he ran more.

Very true. I haven't been too impressed with his running, but handing the ball off to our running backs alone will give us 7 or 8 wins, and that sprinkled with a few play action passes and such could take us to 9 or very best case scenario, 10 wins not counting the bowl game. There isn't much margin for error for a 9 or 10 win season though.