• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Draft Thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never too early (after the regular season ends) to get one of these up

IMO we should go

1) OG/C
2) CB
3) OL
4) OL
5) QB (just for insurance reasons)
6) RB (Marshawn might be leaving and gets another back to stick with baby Beast. Could take a OL if Marshawn Stays)
7) TE???????????

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Mebane and Rubin are UFA's and Jesse Williams can't get on the field. I think we will need to replace at least one of them, so a DT may be a need.
Regarding drafting OL, my gut tells me the Seahawks are just fine with drafting OL in the later rounds. The big questions are if Sweezy and Okung remain on the team. Bailey and Lewis are RFA's and for sure Lewis will be resigned and probably Bailey as well. Okung will be big $ and Sweezy will probably get around $4M a year.
I think TE will not be a priority. JG back with Luke in the fold reduces a need there. Restructure JG?
CB...of course, Burley and Lane are FA's, as is Shead.
RB, we might be in lost cost great shape if Marshawn retires. Rawls, CM, and maybe Brown.
No massive needs so I think BPA will rule the day unless a LT becomes a major need.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Keep pumping talent into both lines. You play 4 or 5 at a time, and they get injured a lot. And as we saw this year, the OL can break the entire offense if it is poor.

2) Let's take a break from trading our best pick for a high salary offensive skill player. I am glad we have Graham and don't by any means wish we didn't make that move, but we need to do #1 and also respect the fact our QB now makes $20M and we also have some good players to try to re-sign.

3) Don't draft a QB. T-Jack is the perfect backup for this team, and our starter is young and seemingly indestructible. If he goes down for any length of time we will suck anyway, like every other team with a star QB, so there's no much utility in burning a pick on a guy who won't play. If we need to replace T-Jack, bring in a vet. If we want a project, grab an UDFA.

4) Think about a big power back as a complement to Rawls. Lynch is probably gone unless he massively restructures, which is doubtful, and although Rawls seems to be a tough guy, we already know he isn't immune to injury. He also isn't very big and hasn't been the starter for a full year, so we're still not really sure how durable he is at this level.

Bottom line is I trust whatever our guys decide to do. Too much credibility established in this department to look at it any other way.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have learned to never second guess what Carrol and Schneider do. They could draft the guy that cleans my rain gutters and I'll be OK with it.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to draft a Danny Woodhead/Darren Sproles type of player. I've always loved the idea of having a dynamic rb that can be a safety valve and a weapon in the passing game.

We saw how important a Dion Lewis was to the Patriots offense and once he was lost for the season the entire offense has not been the same.

Other than that I guess draft offensive line and then best player available to continue stocking up on depth