• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 College World Series

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma State is a hell of a team. Hats off to their effort.

Cats survive another day! Bear Down in the championship series!

Back when everyone was talking about OSU's certainly stellar pitching, I noticed that they also weren't putting any runs up. I didn't expect hanging 14 on them in 2 games, but I wondered if a good inning might end up being enough to win due to OSU's lack of run support, and the potential for some runs to really put OSU pitching on their heels.

AZ looked to have as confident of a pitching staff, with the ability for AZ bats to keep pitchers attacking.

Take nothing away from OSU, but I think AZ punched them in the mouth early, and then kept the pressure on.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back when everyone was talking about OSU's certainly stellar pitching, I noticed that they also weren't putting any runs up. I didn't expect hanging 14 on them in 2 games, but I wondered if a good inning might end up being enough to win due to OSU's lack of run support, and the potential for some runs to really put OSU pitching on their heels.

AZ looked to have as confident of a pitching staff, with the ability for AZ bats to keep pitchers attacking.

Take nothing away from OSU, but I think AZ punched them in the mouth early, and then kept the pressure on.
Before the CWS I believe OSU was averaging close to 7 runs a game in the postseason and then they just went quiet in Omaha. Also to our credit our pitching staff has allowed 5 runs in 36 innings in Omaha and we have outscored our opponents 23-5. Also I think we've only committed one error.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the CWS I believe OSU was averaging close to 7 runs a game in the postseason and then they just went quiet in Omaha. Also to our credit our pitching staff has allowed 5 runs in 36 innings in Omaha and we have outscored our opponents 23-5. Also I think we've only committed one error.

Agreed. I was referring to OSU in the CWS. Had they been winning 5 or 6 to 0 I would have been pretty concerned. But 1-0? All you have to do is have a good inning and not only are you putting runs on the board, but you rock their confidence. Throwing 18 consecutive scoreless is great, unless you only hang 2 runs over the same span. Again, OSU is a solid squad. And they were on a tear through regionals and super regionals. They had the pitching and the hitting. But when they didn't bring the bats to Omaha, I can't say I was too concerned about their pitching... especially with our pitching and bats.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another epic fail from the Big 12.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coastal Carolina wins 7-5 over TCU to advance to Championship

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I was referring to OSU in the CWS. Had they been winning 5 or 6 to 0 I would have been pretty concerned. But 1-0? All you have to do is have a good inning and not only are you putting runs on the board, but you rock their confidence. Throwing 18 consecutive scoreless is great, unless you only hang 2 runs over the same span. Again, OSU is a solid squad. And they were on a tear through regionals and super regionals. They had the pitching and the hitting. But when they didn't bring the bats to Omaha, I can't say I was too concerned about their pitching... especially with our pitching and bats.

We ran into solid pitching in the end (which happens at this stage). UCSB threw their #1 guy and you guys are salty so it happens. Some of us were questioning not starting Hatch yesterday but at some point we needed to start hitting.

Pitching and defense we are similar. Offensively your guys are better and that was the difference. Hats off to you and good luck against Coastal

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those fancy word for cocks just won't lose......and props to them.for putting a midget on The team too

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who had Coastal Carolina and Arizona in the championship?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard earlier today AZ was projected to finish 10th in the Pac 12. So how are they doing?

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time since 1992 that 2 teams ranked lower than 16 have advanced to the championship series. First time since 1988 that both teams came out of the losers bracket.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time since 1992 that 2 teams ranked lower than 16 have advanced to the championship series. First time since 1988 that both teams came out of the losers bracket.

Makes it pretty fun, doesn't it ?

I love seeing underdogs do so well.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ pitching is just unreal right now. 5ER in their 6 CWS games. I'm glad Cloney was able to go the distance because the next game(s) are going to require everyone we have.

I'm not even sure who is starting tomorrow for each team. Does AZ go with Ming or Ginkel to start? Would it even be a good idea for Bannister to start even if he feels good? Maybe since he only went a couple IP on Friday. What about the Chants? Will Beckwith be ready tomorrow after throwing 9 on Friday? Or will they have to go further into their rotation or bullpen?

Chants played Thurs, Fri, and Sat to get to the finals. So they are definitely running out of arms, as are the Cats. I'm wondering if CCU goes with Beckwith to try and get a strong showing tomorrow and go Cunningham on Wed. And Maybe AZ tries to go with Ming or Ginkel to try and rest Bannister if he can go on Wed, and Dalbec if Banny can't.

Should be interesting.