• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Season Prediction Thread

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac

East:

1. Bowling Green Falcons 8-4(6-2)

2. Akron Zips 6-6(5-3

3. Ohio Bobcats 6-6(4-4)

4. Buffalo Bulls 6-6(4-4)

5. Massachusetts Minutemen 5-7(4-4)

6. Kent State Golden Flashes 5-7(4-4)

7. Miami of Ohio Redhawks 2-10(1-7)

West:

1. Northern Illinois Huskies 10-2(7-1)

2. Toledo Rockets 9-3(7-1)

3. Western Michigan Broncos 8-4(6-2)

4. Ball State Cardinals 4-8(2-6)

5. Central Michigan Chippewas 3-9(2-6)

6. Eastern Michigan Eagles 1-11(1-7)
About as much of a one man show as you will find. Thanks again for the work you put into this.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About as much of a one man show as you will find. Thanks again for the work you put into this.
Thank you sir, I definitely appreciate it

especially when I had my whole Air Force preview typed up in word and then forgot to save and lost it :doh:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Air Force Falcons

aflogo.gif

Preview: Just when you thought Troy Calhoun had lost it, he came through improving from 10 losses to 10 wins, what an incredible turnaround. The offense simply played well and the defense was more aggressive, but that was really it for changes for Air Force, considering how tough it is to recruit there this improvement was astounding. The offense was led by Kale Pearson who was great, but now he’s gone, but Air Force’s new QB Nate Romine played good in Air Force’s upset over Colorado State. The backs and receivers are all back, but the offensive line is a question with 3 starters gone but a lot of the new starters do have experience. The defense was incredible at making big plays, and they should keep that going this year, the defensive line needs to replace guys on the inside, but the linebackers on this team are a strong point. The secondary lost some starters but the new ones look promising and it will be led by Weston Steelhammer who after picking off Boise State multiple times last year he is my least favorite player with a great name. Air Force was a lot better at home than on the road last year, all 3 losses they took were on the road while they upset Boise State and Colorado State at home. The schedule is tougher this year, with a road game against Michigan State, and having to go on the road against Boise State and Colorado State. Overall Air Force will find it tough to repeat their successful season last year, but they will return to a bowl.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Morgan State: Eastern Michigan lost to a wall last year, they still beat Morgan State that day though, in other words that stupid wall was more of a threat than Morgan State is. W

Sept. 12 San Jose State: Air Force dominates San Jose State in this one, San Jose State has gained some hype with a great recruiting class, but they won’t be too good early. W

Sept. 19 @ Michigan State: Air Force brings their tricky offense on the road to Michigan State with Michigan State coming off a game against Oregon, Air Force keeps this a good game until the 4th quarter. L

Oct. 3 @ Navy: Despite the bye week Keenan Reynolds outplays Romine in this game and Air Force loses a close one to Navy. L

Oct. 10 Wyoming: Craig Bohl’s defenses are fantastic against the option, North Dakota State dominated FCS option power Georgia Southern during his time there, and Wyoming held Air Force to their lowest point total last year, Air Force’s defense comes through this year for a tight win. W

Oct. 17 @ Colorado State: Air Force loses a close one to Colorado State. L

Oct. 24 Fresno State: Air Force downs Fresno State in this game. W

Oct. 31 @ Hawai’i: Air Force struggles against Hawai’I in this tough road trip but survives. W

Nov. 7 Army: Air Force dominates Army in this one. W

Nov. 14 Utah State: Air Force’s home field advantage strikes again and they take down Utah State in an upset. W

Nov. 21 @ Boise State: Air Force gives Boise State a tough time thanks to their option offense, but Boise State holds on for the win. L

Nov. 28 @ New Mexico: New Mexico runs a tricky option offense, and it gave Air Force’s defense fits last year, it does the same here and this time New Mexico wins. L

Record: 7-5(5-3)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State Broncos

6e441268dabff58a8d3dddb1d524a7af.jpg

Preview: If last year is any indication Byran Harsin and his staff are going to be great, because simply what they did last year was very impressive. Last year they began with a team that was inconsistent on offense, and struggled on defense in the 4th quarter of games. Then the defense regressed but the offense got it together and played great to allow Boise State to survive, finally Boise State had a run of games where the defense was absolutely terrible in the first half but adjusted very well in the second half for Boise State to take off with victories, finally Harsin and his staff got everything clicking at once, and that’s when Boise State really took off, they blew out Wyoming on the road, most impressively destroyed Utah State in a battle for the division 50-19, then won the MWC and then won a 3rd Fiesta bowl, a great ending to a year that wasn’t off to a good start. The offense is where the primary questions are, QB Grant Hedrick who struggled early in the year, but played great late in the year is now gone, the new starter is Ryan Finley, and he is a promising QB. RB Jay Ajayi will be sorely missed, but Boise State might go with more of a committee approach this year. The receivers return 3 good starters in the speedy Shane Williams-Rhodes, as well as Chaz Anderson and Thomas Sperbeck, having other players emerge beyond those 3 is something Boise State will need. The offensive line is similar, all 5 starters are back but there’s only one backup with good experience. The defense meanwhile looks good, the defensive line returns star end Kamalei Correa, along with both defensive tackles, and some players including Tyler Horn, return from injury. The linebackers are loaded, the starters Tanner Vallejo and Ben Weaver have both led the team in tackles at some point in their careers, and the backups have also looked good when playing. The secondary brings back starters Donte Deayon and Jonathan Moxey at corner, Deayon is good at making interceptions and Moxey looks like he will be better this year. Darian Thompson is a safety who makes plays, and the other starter at safety is expected to be Dylan Summer-Gardner who is considered one of the schools best recruits. The schedule is its toughest in the first 6 games, with games against Washington, BYU, Virginia, Utah State and Colorado State. Overall Boise State is a contender for a New Year’s 6 bowl and a conference championship, but the questions will need some good answers if they’re going to go undefeated.

Predictions:

Sept. 4 Washington: Petersen’s return to Boise, and it won’t be too pretty of a game, with Boise State having their QB and Rb starting their first games, meanwhile Washington’s offense was already struggling last year and it has gone through a brutal offseason, Boise State takes this in a low scoring game. W

Sept. 12 @ BYU: Boise State has it tough following Washington up with Taysom Hill and BYU, the defense may have finished the year strong but it is a concern with it going up against BYU’s great offense on the road, Boise State loses a close one. L

Sept. 18 Idaho State: Boise State finally plays an in-state opponent, and they picked the better one this time too. W

Sept. 25 @ Virginia: Glad for Boise State they managed to get this game on a Friday so they can avoid this game being played early, the offense will have a tough time in this one again, but the defense plays great and allows Boise State to get by Virginia in this game. W

Oct. 3 Hawai’I: Boise State should win this easily. W

Oct. 10 @ Colorado State: Boise State won’t have it easy in this one, but they play good offensively and take down Colorado State. W

Oct. 17 @ Utah State: This is a tough one, Utah State is the next toughest MWC opponent, and they return a lot from last year, I simply cannot predict Utah State to beat us though, I don’t have the heart to do so. W

Oct. 24 Wyoming: Boise State should roll in this one. W

Oct. 31 @ UNLV: Another dominant win. W

Nov. 14 New Mexico: Glad Boise State gets a bye week prior to having to play New Mexico’s offense, this game was Boise State worst defensive performance in a long time, they gave up 400 yards rushing, and 42 points in the first half, still won 60-49. W

Nov. 21 Air Force: Another tough option offense, Boise State gets by with a win. W

Nov. 28 @ San Jose State: San Jose State could be tricky in this one but Boise State wins. W

Record: 11-1(8-0)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado State Rams

ram_logo_275(2).jpg

Preview: Colorado State had a fantastic year last year, going 10-3 and even being ranked at one point. Colorado State does have to replace some guys from that team though, and that includes head coach Jim McElwain who left for Florida, in comes Mike Bobo, as Colorado State followed the path that worked last time and brought in another former SEC offensive coordinator to be their new coach. The offense last year was great but has to replace QB Garrett Grayson and RB Dee Hart, Nick Stevens is the new starter at QB, and the RBs are a deep core. The receivers do return and that includes WR Rashard Higgins who is an absolute star and is in fact one of the best receivers in college football. The offensive line is a bit of a question with starters gone. The defensive line returns 3 starters and former linebacker SteveO Michel moved to end, The linebackers lose some starters but should still be solid, the secondary all returns including Kevin Pierre-Louis who is a great player. The schedule has a tough non-conference game against Minnesota, and they have a difficult stretch of 4 games where they play Utah State, Boise State, Air Force and San Diego State. Overall I don’t quite see Colorado State repeating 10 wins, but they should still make a bowl.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Savannah State: About the worst FCS opponent possible. W

Sept. 12 Minnesota: Colorado State puts up a really good fight in this game, but they fall just short of a win. L

Sept. 19 Colorado(Denver) : Colorado State has a tough test in this one as their rival will be improved, but Colorado State still takes them down in a close one. W

Sept. 26 @ UTSA: Colorado State should pummel UTSA in this one. W

Oct. 3 @ Utah State: Colorado State’s offense struggles in this game, and they lose. L

Oct. 10 @ Boise State: Boise State beats Colorado State in this one. L

Oct. 17 Air Force: Colorado State gets revenge on Air Force. W

Oct. 31 San Diego State: The bye week is helpful here and Colorado State’s defense plays well in a win. W

Nov. 7 @ Wyoming: Colorado State beats their rival in this game. W

Nov. 14 UNLV: Colorado State blows out UNLV. W

Nov. 21 @ New Mexico: New Mexico’s offense gives Colorado State too difficult of a time in this game and Colorado State loses in a shootout. L

Nov. 28 @ Fresno State: Colorado State takes down Fresno State in a close game. W

Record: 8-4(5-3)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno State Bulldogs

DS_65423_xl.jpg

Preview: Fresno State had a very disappointing year last year, despite somehow making an appearance in the Mountain West championship with a 6-6 record, but lost that and took their tradition blowout bowl loss to finish 6-8. The offense last year struggled, as it had lost Derek Carr and Davante Adams, and really wasn’t successful replacing either of them, especially Carr, the Qbs struggled last year, and it figures to be a trouble spot once again. The offense’s best player is RB Marteze Waller, he ran for nearly 1,500 yards last year, the receivers are young and unproven, but they do have a promising tight end in Chad Olsen. The offensive line returns 3 starters at least. The defense meanwhile has surprisingly struggled, DeRuyter used to have good defenses at Texas A&M and early in his time at Fresno State he had a good defense, but it has suddenly dropped off. The defensive line suffers a big loss in early draft entry Nose guard Tyeler Davison, but it could be deeper, Kyrie Wilson is a great linebacker but he’s the only sure thing they have there, the secondary loses a star in Derron Smith, and the corners have been burned repeatedly the past two years, but Charles Washington was moving around but is now permanently at corner. The schedule is brutal, they play Ole Miss, Utah and BYU out of conference, and draw Utah State, Colorado State and Air Force from the Mountain which is tough. Fresno State is in for a tough rebuilding year.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 Abilene Christian: Abilene Christian is pretty mediocre at the FCS level, but they did beat Troy last year, still Fresno State rolls. W

Sept. 12 @ Ole Miss: Fresno State will struggle to score overall in this game, they get pummeled. L

Sept. 19 Utah: Fresno State suffers another blowout loss in this game. L

Sept. 26 @ San Jose State: This is a tough matchup for Fresno State in this situation, coming off two really tough games, they go on the road to San Jose State who is a young but talented team, Fresno State ends up losing this one. L

Oct. 3 @ San Diego State: Fresno State has been able to beat San Diego State under DeRuyter every year so far but with this bad stretch they fail to here. L

Oct. 10 Utah State: Fresno State fails to get much going on offense in yet another loss. L

Oct. 17 UNLV: Finally Fresno State grabs a win, beating UNLV. W

Oct. 24 @ Air Force: With such a run of struggles winning this one is too much to ask. L

Nov. 5 Nevada: Fresno State finally gets a bye week to get some rest, and they show up refreshed and take down Nevada in this game. W

Nov. 14 @ Hawai’I: Fresno State manages to take down Hawai’I in a tough road game. W

Nov. 21 @ BYU: Fresno State gets pummeled in this game. L

Nov. 28 Colorado State: Fresno State loses in a close game, they put up a good fight but fall short. L

Record: 4-8(3-5)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawaii Rainbow Warriors

University-of-Hawaii-Rainbow-Warriors-Mascot-Logo.jpg

Preview: Hawai’I has struggled miserably so far under Norm Chow, winning only 8 games in 3 years, half of those wins came last year. Last year Hawai’I actually began the year as a solid team, they nearly upset Washington in the opener, and lost a close battle to Oregon State the following week, they took down a good fcs opponent in Northern Iowa and after that dropped off a bit. They still weren’t too bad of a team, had some other close losses and finished 4-9. The offense last year was more of the struggle point, but it brings in former USC QB Max Wittek as well as a new offensive coordinator in Don Bailey who brings in a high tempo spread offense from Idaho State. Steven Lakalaka is the starting RB and he’s a pretty good starter, Hawai’I brings back some tall receivers who have potential, the offensive line will have some shuffling to do though. The defense has a new coordinator in Tom Mason who was at SMU, the defense will attack more. The defensive line looks promising, especially new nose tackle Penitito Faalologo who was great in spring ball. The linebackers will shift around, and the secondary could improve. The schedule is tough, Hawai’I has non-conference games against Ohio State. Wisconsin and Colorado, those three along with Boise State and San Diego State in the first 6 games, Hawai’I will probably have a ceiling of matching last year’s record thanks to the schedule.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 or 4? Colorado: They play at 1am Eastern time that day, typical Hawai’I, despite this being a nice home game, Colorado will be better this year and Hawai’I loses this one. L

Sept. 12 @ Ohio State: Hawai’I will unfortunately have to play more than just the two famed Ohio State QBs in this one. L

Sept. 19 UC Davis: UC Davis struggled terribly last year, Hawai’I should win easily. W

Sept. 26 @ Wisconsin: Another brutal matchup Hawai’I won’t win. L

Oct. 3 @ Boise State: Hawai’I loses this one too. L

Oct. 10 San Diego State: Hawai’I actually puts up a good fight in this one but loses. L

Oct. 17 @ New Mexico: After having such a rough stretch Hawai’I isn’t ready for New Mexico’s offense and they get pummeled. L

Oct. 24 @ Nevada: Hawai’I recovers a little bit but still loses this game. L

Oct. 31 Air Force: Hawai’I tests Air Force in this one with one of their better games of the year but lose a close one. L

Nov. 7 @ UNLV: Hawai’I finally gets another win, downing UNLV. W

Nov. 14 Fresno State: Hawai’I falls short of a win in this game. L

Nov. 21 San Jose State: Hawai’I takes advantage of San Jose State’s young team and upsets them. W

Nov. 28 UL-Monroe: Hawai’I downs UL-Monroe in for a strong ending to the year. W

Record: 4-9(2-6)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevada Wolfpack

515px-Nevada_Wolf_Pack_Logo.svg.png

Preview: Nevada finally made some strides in Brian Polian’s second year, they went 7-6, but had close losses to Arizona, Boise State, Colorado State and Air Force, they also dominated Washington State, upset BYU and pummeled San Diego State, so their record was a result of a pretty tough schedule, they laid a total dud in their bowl game, although it was the New Orleans bowl against Louisiana-Lafayette, everyone so far has lost against them in that game. The offense is a major question, if you watched that bowl game their offense struggled and it loses its best player in Cody Fajardo, there’s a battle for the starting QB job. It’s not all bad though, the offense does return its top 2 RBs and some good receivers as well as TE Jarred Gipson. The offensive line is very young and returns one starter. Nevada’s front 7 on defense looks promising with 5 starters returning, and the defensive line is one of the best in the Mountain West. The secondary is a question spot, the only member that was returning moved from safety to linebacker, and there’s a lot of youth in the two-deep. The schedule is tricky, Nevada plays Arizona and Texas A&M this year, and draws Utah State, an improved New Mexico and a tricky Wyoming from the Mountain. A return to a bowl is possible this year.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 UC Davis: UC Davis struggled badly last year, Nevada should win. W

Sept. 12 Arizona: Nevada could end up giving Arizona a tough time, but loses. L

Sept. 19 @ Texas A&M: Same as I said above. L

Sept. 26 @ Buffalo: Nevada takes down Buffalo in a close and odd but tricky road trip. W

Oct. 3 UNLV: Nevada gets past their rival in what usually is an interesting one between the two teams. W

Oct. 10 New Mexico: Nevada’s defensive line tests New Mexico’s run game in this one allowing Nevada to beat them. W

Oct. 17 @ Wyoming: Nevada loses a close low-scoring game in this one. L

Oct. 24 Hawai’i: Nevada beats Hawai’I in this one. W

Nov. 5 @ Fresno State: Nevada loses a tough close game here. L

Nov. 14 San Jose State: Nevada downs San Jose State’s young team in this game. W

Nov. 21 @ Utah State: Nevada struggles to score against Utah State and gets pummeled. L

Nov. 28 @ San Diego State: Once again Nevada struggles on offense but their defense tests San Diego State in a low scoring game, but Nevada loses. L

Record: 6-6(4-4)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Mexico Lobos

New_Mexico_Lobos_Primary_Mark.png

Preview: New Mexico made some improvement under Bob Davie last year, going 4-8, but the highlight was how good their tricky running option offense is. The QB Lamar Jordan is a good runner, but not much of a passer, he has been pushed by junior college transfer Austin Apodaca who could bring a better passing presence to the offense, they have two great RBs in Jhurell Pressley and Teriyon Gipson. The other issue in trying to get better passing is less experience at wide receiver. The offensive line return 3 starters, and the new starters are upperclassmen. The defensive line wasn’t the best but brings back 3 starters, the linebackers are the strongest group of the defense, the best of which is Dakota Cox who led the team in tackles despite getting hurt in the 9th game of the year. The secondary is a question with one full time starter back. New Mexico’s schedule has a tough early game against Arizona State, but is mostly backloaded, with the toughest foes coming late in the year. New Mexico could possibly make it to a bowl game this year.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Mississippi Valley State: Mississippi Valley State is one of the worst FCS opponents out there, well done New Mexico. W

Sept. 12 Tulsa: New Mexico’s good offense runs over Tulsa in this game. W

Sept. 19 @ Arizona State: New Mexico will have to take their beating in this game, they get pummeled. L

Sept. 26 @ Wyoming: Craig Bohl is one guy who will find a way to stop New Mexico’s offense, leaving New Mexico needing good play from their defense, which lets them down in a loss. L

Oct. 3 New Mexico State: These two used to be at the same level, but New Mexico pummels them here, reminding New Mexico State how far ahead they’ve gotten. W

Oct. 10 @ Nevada: New Mexico has trouble with Nevada’s defense in this game and they fall behind in a shootout. L

Oct. 17 Hawai’i: New Mexico’s offense runs all over Hawai’I in a win. W

Oct. 24 @ San Jose State: New Mexico loses to San Jose State in a well-played game by their young team. L

Nov. 7 Utah State: New Mexico has some offensive success but can’t stop Utah State’s offense in this game. L

Nov. 14 @ Boise State: New Mexico has some success on offense, but can’t stop Boise State’s offense in a loss. L

Nov. 21 Colorado State: New Mexico has a lot of success on offense in this one, as it starts rolling and they upset Colorado State. W

Nov. 28 Air Force: New Mexico beats Air Force in a battle of option offenses. W

Record: 6-6(3-5)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Jose State Spartans

51eda59fa1b0b.image.gif

Preview: The excitement under Ron Caragher might actually be at its highest this year, he wasn’t the flashiest hire coming in, and in his first year San Jose State dipped from ranked and 11-2 to a 6-6 record, despite the return of star QB David Fales, he then was gone and the offense struggled last year to a 3-9 record, but Caragher may have given himself a mulligan after stunningly bringing in a very highly rated recruiting class, it won’t help him all that much this year though. The offense did struggle to score throughout the year last year, and that opens up the QB competition this year, it will be a 3 way battle between old starter Joe Gray and JC transfers. Tyler Ervin is a good playmaker at RB and in the slot on occasion, while San Jose State brings back their number one receiver in Tyler Ervin, as well as their other top receivers, they lack a home run threat though. The offensive line brings back some starters but is still projected to be very inexperienced with potentially 4 sophomores starting, they brought in Al Borges to be the new offensive coordinator, he is experienced though his last stop wasn’t great. Similarly Greg Robinson the defensive coordinator was similar prior to arriving at San Jose State and now their defense made a huge improvement last year. The defensive line is still a question, San Jose State couldn’t defend the run well, and their best player on the defensive line is very injury prone. The linebackers bring back Christian Tago, who is the top returning tackler, also Jared Leaf comes back after he missed all of last year with 2nd and 3rd degree burns from an apartment fire, the secondary is the highlight of this defense though, Cleveland Wallace III and Jimmy Pruitt are perhaps the top corner duo in the Mountain west, and the safeties aren’t bad either. San Jose State didn’t get the easiest schedule, they play one of the best FCS teams in New Hampshire, as well as playing BYU, Oregon State and Auburn. They also have the misfortune of drawing Boise State, Air Force and New Mexico from the Mountain division. Overall they need to show some improvement to keep Caragher’s job despite his recruiting class, they may improve by a win or two but I don’t think they’ll make a jump up to a bowl.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 New Hampshire W

Sept. 12 @ Air Force L

Sept. 19 @ Oregon State L

Sept. 26 Fresno State W

Oct. 3 @ Auburn L

Oct. 10 @ UNLV W

Oct. 17 San Diego State L

Oct. 24 New Mexico W

Nov. 6 BYU L

Nov. 14 @ Nevada L

Nov. 21 @ Hawai’I L

Nov. 28 Boise State L

Record 4-8(3-5)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to use this format for the rest of the Mountain West, as well as the Sun Belt

and if there's no objections probably Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Colorado

I don't think we have any fans of those teams here.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to use this format for the rest of the Mountain West, as well as the Sun Belt

and if there's no objections probably Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Colorado

I don't think we have any fans of those teams here.

There is one Vandy fan...

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego State Aztecs

logo-sdsu-2.png

Preview: San Diego State has been rather consistent for the most part, just some slightly better years and slightly worse years, but the for the most part under Rocky Long they have hovered around 9-7 wins with a bowl game, they haven’t won the MWC outright and while they have threatened, they have been unable to take down a power 5 opponent. The offense is still a pro-style offense, and once again it will feature a mediocre passing game but a great running game. QB Maxwell Smith used to play for Kentucky, but injuries derailed his career there, he is a steady passer and with his size he is what San Diego State is looking for in a QB. RB has been a great position for San Diego State ever since Ronnie Hillman was there, every time one leaves another emerges, last year they were replacing Muema, one of the best runners in the nation emerges in Donnell Pumphrey, he could hit 2,000 yards this season. The receivers are a major concern, they were projected to finally improve last year, and they didn’t. The offensive line was great at run blocking last year, but loses starters at left tackle and center which are very important positions. San Diego State had the top defense in the Mountain west last year, the defensive line returns a strong group of 3, but the concern is there’s not much experience behind them, linebacker also takes a hit with experience after how great of a group they had last year, 3 seniors graduated leaving only breakout star Calvin Munson as a returner with experience. The secondary was the youngest group in the defense last year, now there’s experience returning all over back there. The schedule features two power 5 opponents in Penn State and a rare in-state opponent in California. They draw Utah State, Colorado State and Wyoming from the Mountain division. Overall San Diego State should see nothing out of the ordinary this year.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 San Diego W

Sept. 12 @ California L

Sept. 19 South Alabama W

Sept. 26 @ Penn State L

Oct. 3 Fresno State W

Oct. 10 @ Hawai’I W

Oct. 17 @ San Jose State W

Oct. 23 Utah State L

Oct. 31 @ Colorado State L

Nov. 14 Wyoming W

Nov. 21 @ UNLV W

Nov. 28 Nevada W

Record: 8-4(6-2)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevada-Las Vegas Runnin Rebels

unlv-runnin-rebels-primary-logo-3-primary.jpg

Preview: UNLV hasn’t been able to figure out how to get above the bottom of the MWC, but it was only two years ago in 2013 that they made the climb up to a rare bowl appearance under Bobby Hauck, unfortunately thanks to being banned from a bowl due to academics at one point(it was later overturned) a lot of players transferred out, and UNLV quickly plummeted back to the bottom, they went 2-11 with their only wins being a horrific one point win over Northern Colorado who’s one of the worst in FCS, and an out of nowhere upset overtime win over Fresno State. Bobby Hauck was fired and now UNLV was trying to find out what route to go next, they went a very dubious one in local high school coach Tony Sanchez, he has built a power there, but it’s certainly a big question of how he will do, this path hasn’t been a successful one so far, I’m not even sure if he will get any of his former players to sign here, but we’ll just have to see. The offense struggled last year and so did returning QB Blake Decker, but the good news is it seems he has improved in the offseason. RB is a battle between 3 guys at the moment, but the receivers are the highlight of this offense with Devonte Boyd who was the MWC freshman of the year last year, as well as some other good players, question is will Decker have time to get the ball to them? The offensive line was just terrible last year, and it’s questionable again this year. UNLV’s defense has been bad almost the entire 21st century so far, the defensive line is still a big question this year, the linebackers are good though, especially Tau Lotulelei who amazingly despite the uncommon last name isn’t related to former Utah defensive tackle Star Lotulelei. The secondary has a few promising players. The schedule is brutal, UNLV has to play Northern Illinois, UCLA and Michigan in the first 3 games. Overall UNLV is in for a bad year, they may not even win a game.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 @ Northern Illinois L

Sept. 12 UCLA L

Sept. 19 @ Michigan L

Sept. 26 Idaho State W

Oct. 3 @ Nevada L

Oct. 10 San Jose State L

Oct. 17 @ Fresno State L

Oct. 31 Boise State L

Nov. 7 Hawai’I L

Nov. 14 @ Colorado State L

Nov. 21 San Diego State L

Nov. 28 @ Wyoming L

Record: 1-11(0-8)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah State Aggies

26195_full.jpg

Preview: Matt Wells has done some incredible things so far in his 2 years at Utah State, he has a 19-9 overall record, which is just incredible for Utah State when you consider where they used to be. His record is despite mass injuries in the past two years. Last year they went 10-4 and did finally beat a power 5 foe in Wake Forest, Utah State hasn’t been able to beat any other ones though. Their offense went through 3 QB’s to season ending injuries before freshman Kent Myers finished the last 6 games, but this year Chuckie Keeton is back, but he has gone down the past two years due to injuries, they’re hoping he can stay healthy. The running game dropped off last year and there are several players competing for the starting RB spot this year, there’s a lot of good experienced receivers back, and the offensive line brings back all 5 starters. The defense meanwhile brings back some experience on the defensive line, but the best and yet most volatile group of players are the linebackers, they lost a star in Zack Vigil, but his little brother Nick Vigil was a great player last year, Kyler Fackrell is great and he’s back, so is LT Filiaga, Torrey Green was a star during the spring. The issue is Vigil has hamstring issues, Fackrell is back after missing last year with an ACL tear, and LT Filiaga is back from a torn Achilles’. The secondary brings back some good starters. The schedule has some tough games, they play Washington. Utah and BYU out of conference. Overall Utah State is once again a contender for the conference, though I’m sure they would like to finally beat a power 5 opponent with a winning record too.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 Southern Utah W

Sept. 11 @ Utah L

Sept. 19 @ Washington L

Oct. 3 Colorado State. W

Oct. 10 @ Fresno State W

Oct. 16 Boise State L

Oct. 23 @ San Diego State W

Oct. 30 Wyoming W

Nov. 7 @ New Mexico W

Nov. 14 @ Air Force L

Nov. 21 Nevada W

Nov. 28 BYU W

Record: 8-4(6-2)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wyoming Cowboys

pistolstorm_medium.jpg

Preview: Wyoming showed some promise in Craig Bohl’s first year, they pulled off several close wins in a 3-1 start, unfortunately later in the year they soon dropped to close losses, and their only other win was a random 45-17 destruction of Fresno State. The offense was great at possessing the ball last year, but struggled to score, this year they hope that changes. The QB position will be improved with Indiana transfer Cameron Coffman, in 2012 he played very well for Indiana. The RBs are good though, Shaun Wick was good at the beginning of the year prior to getting hurt, and that allowed Brian Hill to emerge, he was a revelation, running for an incredible 281 yards in that blowout win over Fresno State. Wyoming has to figure out how to replace their top two receivers though, the offensive line loses 3 starters. The Wyoming defense will be young, the defensive line is the most experienced unit with star Eddie Yarbrough returning. The rest of the defense is a question, the linebackers have some shifting done, and the secondary is about as young as could be, Wyoming is projected to start 4 redshirt freshmen back there. The schedule at least only has one power 5 opponent in Washington State. Wyoming only can get better in their second year under Craig Bohl, they are really young though, so some improvement will happen, not sure if they will enough to make a bowl.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 North Dakota: W

Sept. 12 Eastern Michigan W

Sept. 19 @ Washington State L

Sept. 26 New Mexico W

Oct. 3 @ Appalachian State L

Oct. 10 @ Air Force L

Oct. 17 Nevada W

Oct. 24 @ Boise State L

Oct. 30 @ Utah State L

Nov. 7 Colorado State L

Nov. 14 @ San Diego State L

Nov. 28 UNLV W

Record: 5-7(3-5)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mountain West

Mountain

1. Boise State Broncos 11-1(8-0)

2. Utah State Aggies 8-4(6-2)

3. Colorado State Rams 8-4(5-3)

4. Air Force Falcons 7-5(5-3)

5. Wyoming Cowboys 5-7(3-5)

6. New Mexico Lobos 6-6(3-5)

West

1. San Diego State Aztecs 8-4(6-2)

2. Nevada Wolfpack 6-6(4-4)

3. San Jose State Spartans 4-8(3-5)

4. Fresno State Bulldogs 4-8(3-5)

5. Hawai’I Rainbow Warriors 4-9(2-6)

6. UNLV Runnin Rebels 1-11(0-8)

Conference Championship: Boise State over San Diego State, Boise State gets past San Diego State in a challenge.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona Wildcats

Arizona_Wildcats_2.gif

Preview: Arizona had an incredibly successful year in Rich Rod’s third year, they went off to a great 5-0 start that included some incredible escapes and a major road upset win over Oregon. Arizona did lose 2 of the next 3 and took those losses to USC and UCLA, but they rebounded and won the last 4 to make the Pac-12 championship. They were pummeled by Oregon in that game but still made the Fiesta bowl which was monumental, but they lost to Boise State in it. The offense was great last year and yet it was led by a pair of freshmen in QB Anu Solomon and RB Nick Wilson. They lost some starters at receiver but there’s still a lot of talent, including former 5 star talent Cayleb Jones from Texas, the offensive line was a question with both tackles gone, but Arizona has found some potentially good answers in the spring. The defensive line hasn’t been able to generate much of a pass rush, the linebackers found a good player in Derrick Turituri during the spring, but of course the star of the linebackers and the entire defense is Scooby Wright, he is an incredible talent, and perhaps the best linebacker in the nation. The secondary has to rebuild, but senior safety Will Parks does return and there is some potential with the replacements. The schedule is tough for every team in the 9 game Pac-12 schedule, but despite an easy non-conference schedule it is especially difficult for Arizona as they have to play all 12 games without a bye week, this wear and tear will be absolutely brutal with them having late road games against division rivals USC and Arizona State. Arizona should be good still, but this schedule will prevent them from competing for the Conference Championship again.

Sept. 3 UTSA: Arizona should have little trouble winning this game. W

Sept. 12 @ Nevada: Arizona could have some troubles in this game but should win. W

Sept. 19 Northern Arizona: Northern Arizona is a pretty mediocre FCS opponent, Northern Arizona should beat them easily. W

Sept. 26 UCLA: Jim Mora Jr has absolutely had Rich Rod’s number so far, I’m going to predict that to continue. L

Oct. 3 @ Stanford: It’s tough for Arizona in these early games, Wright doesn’t have much help on defense at this point and Stanford takes down Arizona in a shootout. L

Oct. 10 Oregon State: Oregon State will be rebuilding in Gary Andersen’s first year, Arizona will roll past them in this game. W

Oct. 17 @ Colorado: Colorado’s offense gives Arizona a tough test here, but a late Scooby Wright pick allows Arizona to avoid an upset loss. W

Oct. 24 Washington State: I think Washington State will be very improved this year, and them and Arizona go neck and neck in a shootout, but once again Arizona gets a big play late, and survives. W

Oct. 31 @ Washington: Arizona downs Washington in this one as Washington won’t be able to keep up offensively. W

Nov. 7 @ USC: Arizona isn’t able to take this close shootout, they lose this one. L

Nov. 14 Utah: Arizona once again is in a close game, but this time wins it. W

Nov. 21 @ Arizona State: This is a tossup, Arizona State has been downed by their rivals lately, so they get revenge this time around and win. L

Record: 8-4(5-4)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona State Sun Devils

pitchfork-logo-asu.jpg

Preview: Arizona State had an excellent year last year, they went 10-3 and played great most of the year, only a few stinkers kept them from winning the Pac-12 south, they had an early season collapse in a 27-62 destruction at the hands of UCLA, and then late in the year they climbed back up the rankings only to drop a stinkbomb to Oregon State. The offense has been great every year under Todd Graham, and with all the talent it has they should be good again. The new QB is Mike Bercovici and he played some last year when Taylor Kelly was hurt, Bercovici has a lot of talent, more so than Kelly, but he had some turnover issues and wasn’t as good of a leader, but perhaps those could be solved by him having a whole offseason as the number one. The RB’s are full of stars, Demario Richard was a great player that emerged late last year, and Kalen Ballege emerged during the spring. The have allowed Arizona State to move star D.J. Foster to receiver, they also have UCLA grad transfer Devin Lucien coming in, and they needed these guys to replace a great receiver in Jaelen Strong, as well as Cameron Smith who was lost to injury. The offensive line has to replace its tackles. Arizona State’s defense is a good attacking defense, and the defensive line should be good with 3 of 4 starters back and is deep, the linebackers though are the best they’ve had under Graham, with all 4 starters back, though one player in the linebackers 5 star JC linebacker Davon Durant is suspended due to an arrest. The secondary is looking strong too. The schedule is of course tough, they have a neutral site opener against Texas A&M, but they draw Oregon, California and both Washington teams from the North. Arizona State is definitely a Pac-12 contender this year, and is actually an outside national title contender.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Texas A&M(Houston) : Arizona State ‘s offense has a lot of success against Texas A&M’s changed defense, and Arizona State causes havoc on defense as well to beat Texas A&M in the opener. W

Sept. 12 Cal Poly: Cal Poly is pretty mediocre at the FCS level, they do bring a good rushing offense, but Arizona State handles them. W

Sept. 18 New Mexico: Yet another tricky rush offense, once again Arizona State wins. W

Sept. 26 USC: Both teams feature really good offenses in this one, but Todd Graham hasn’t lost to Steve Sarkisian in his career so far, so I’ll take them to win this game. W

Oct. 3 @ UCLA: Arizona State doesn’t have an easy time in this game against UCLA’s defense, and future star QB Josh Rosen makes some good plays and Arizona State loses. L

Oct. 10 Colorado: Arizona State wins over Colorado pretty easily in this one. W

Oct. 17 @ Utah: Arizona State has had Utah’s number for a while, they win. W

Oct. 29 Oregon: This will be a great back and forth shootout, but at this point I think Oregon will be rolling with Vernon Adams running the offense, and they will be tough to stop. L

Nov. 7 @ Washington State: Upset! Arizona State gets caught sulking over the tough loss the week before and loses to a better Washington State team. L

Nov. 14 Washington: Arizona State’s defense makes life difficult for Washington’s offense, allowing them to win. W

Nov. 21 Arizona: Arizona State takes down Arizona in this rivalry game. W

Nov. 28 @ California: Arizona State survives California’s upset bit in a shootout. W

Record 9-3(6-3)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California Golden Bears

calslideshowfront.jpg

Preview: California made some great progress in Sonny Dykes second year, they got off to a hot start, they were 4-1 with only a hail mary loss to Arizona, as well as wild wins over Colorado and Washington State, they only won one more game down the stretch but came close to upsets several times. California’s offense has been a major highlight of this team, they’re led by an excellent passer in Jared Goff who is considered a sleeper candidate for the Heisman even, he is expected to become California’s leader in career passing yards during the first half of the year, RB Daniel Lasco is a solid runner when California actually runs, he could be used more this year. California does lose a top receiver in Chris Harper, but they still bring back Kenny Lawler and Bryce Treggs, who are both great receivers, the offensive line returns 3 starters. The defense meanwhile was horrible last year, it gave up at least 30 points in 10 games, and in fact allowed Washington State QB Connor Halliday to break the single game passing yards record in a win. The defensive line has had injury troubles the past few years so if they can stay healthy perhaps they could improve. The linebackers return 5 players with significant experience, so it looks promising. The corners are needing to be replaced but the safeties are back. The schedule is brutal, they have a tricky game against San Diego State and a tough non-conference game against Texas, they draw Utah, UCLA, USC and Arizona State from the west is brutal. California will be improved and make a return trip to a bowl, I honestly did think of them as a potential surprise North contender until I saw who they draw from the West.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Grambling State: Grambling State is a lower FCS opponent, no trouble here for California. W

Sept. 12 San Diego State: California’s offense struggles and their defense struggles to stop Pumphrey, but San Diego State stills falls short. W

Sept. 19 @ Texas: Texas’ defense contains California’s offense in this one, but Texas’ offense still fails to keep up. W

Sept. 26 @ Washington: Once again California doesn’t have the easiest time scoring but outscores an offense that can’t score as well. W

Oct. 3 Washington State: California’s defense can’t stop Washington State in a big time shootout, Washington State’s greater mix of offense allows them to stun California. L

Oct. 10 @ Utah: California is stunned by Utah in this one, as California doesn’t score as much and Utah rides a successful running game, and California loses. L

Oct. 22: @ UCLA: California gets a little extra time to prepare than UCLA does for this one, and they play a great game and their defense surprisingly forces Josh Rosen into some freshman mistakes. W

Oct. 31 USC: California isn’t able to keep up with USC’s offense, and loses this one. L

Nov. 7 @ Oregon: Once again they fall short in a shootout. L

Nov. 14 Oregon State: California ends up blowing out Oregon State in this game. W

Nov. 21 @ Stanford: California gives Stanford a tough time, but they lose. L

Nov. 28 Arizona State: California loses this one in a shootout. L

Record: 6-6(3-6)