• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Schedule Announced

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEST VIRGINIA

9/5: vs. Georgia Southern

9/12: vs. Liberty

9/26: vs. Maryland

10/3: at Oklahoma

10/10: vs. Oklahoma State

10/17: at Baylor

10/29: at TCU (Thurs.)

11/7: vs. Texas Tech

11/14: vs. Texas

11/21: at Kansas

11/28: vs. Iowa State

12/5: at Kansas State

Gotta admit that I'm a little disappointed with the strength of the OOC schedule but it should get better after next season. Ollie has locked up some quality opponents for the foreseeable future. Also, opening the season with 3 straight home games is nice. I bought the 3 game ticket package this year which included games vs Oklahoma, Baylor, and K-State which turned out to be 3 top 12 teams at the time we played them. Looking to next year, the home games have the POTENTIAL to be less appealing compared to this year so I hope that we continue to get great support from the fans.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freakin' brutal October schedule…

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Liberty game or a bye should be put on the back end in the month of November. Has the Big12 learned nothing from the SEC? Stretches like that at THAT time of year in our conference are brutal. Protect the product!:gaah:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Liberty game or a bye should be put on the back end in the month of November. Has the Big12 learned nothing from the SEC? Stretches like that at THAT time of year in our conference are brutal. Protect the product!:gaah:

I hear you; however, how easy is it to make such a change? If I remember correctly, the Liberty game was scheduled during Bill Stewart's time as he wanted to play one FCS school from the area every year to help their program's finances.... if you want to believe that.

To change the schedule pattern for each of the 10 schools for next season would be a huge logistical problem.

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia Southern will be a lot tougher than you think. They are winning the Sun Belt. I know.... It's the Sun Belt, but still, not a walk in the park like most will think.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great for us next year...we are going to have to break in a lot of skill guys.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This schedule was to have Michigan State on it....due to the change of conference the series was canceled.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see some good OOC games but when you looK to playoff possibilities, it pays to play a weak OOC schedule. Mississippi state gets to play 4 teams worse than Georgia southern this year and look who is in position to be in the playoffs without having to play a CC game.

It seems to be clear that the only clear p ath to the playoff is to go undefeated. Had we run the table after the Alabama loss, I would not be surprised if we were sitting at the same spot that TCU is in right now. No mulligans for the B12.

This is just another wrong thing for CFB

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see some good OOC games but when you looK to playoff possibilities, it pays to play a weak OOC schedule. Mississippi state gets to play 4 teams worse than Georgia southern this year and look who is in position to be in the playoffs without having to play a CC game.

It seems to be clear that the only clear p ath to the playoff is to go undefeated. Had we run the table after the Alabama loss, I would not be surprised if we were sitting at the same spot that TCU is in right now. No mulligans for the B12.

This is just another wrong thing for CFB

I think it is too early to make this statement. Wait until the season has played out to see the final rankings, and then you will get the picture.

I was disappointed to see MSU in the #4 spot, and I think Jeff Long was full of bullshit with his explanation as to why this happened. MSU was completely dominated in the Bama game, yet he said the committee never felt like MSU was out of the game, and this was validated by the 5 pt loss.

I truly believe the final four will all be conference champions…. as long as those champions have 1-loss.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is too early to make this statement. Wait until the season has played out to see the final rankings, and then you will get the picture.

I was disappointed to see MSU in the #4 spot, and I think Jeff Long was full of bullshit with his explanation as to why this happened. MSU was completely dominated in the Bama game, yet he said the committee never felt like MSU was out of the game, and this was validated by the 5 pt loss.

I truly believe the final four will all be conference champions…. as long as those champions have 1-loss.

At this point, I don't see how they can keep MSU out. Beat eastern southwest state this week then win against #8 Ole Miss next week and I see now way that anyone jumps them.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope you are right, but I fear they will put two SEC schools in regardless, claiming they are just that much above everyone else

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do too, if everyone wins out that's in the top group now I believe Ohio State bumps MSU for the 4 spot in the end and unfortunately I don't the the "co champ" title is going to cut it (speaking of Baylor and TCU) .I think the committee will tell them pretty much the same thing that they will tell the other SEC team, "should have won your conference..... Outright"