• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Rosterbation

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear they are in on Fister, Prado, and Zobrist. And we'd keep the #19 pick.

We would keep #19, but we would lose prospects.

Signing Shields would essentially be a trade of the #19 for him. Maybe that is an OK trade(??)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would keep #19, but we would lose prospects.

Signing Shields would essentially be a trade of the #19 for him. Maybe that is an OK trade(??)

It all depends on the deal. He's probably worth the Panda, but probably not the Zito.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear they are in on Fister, Prado, and Zobrist. And we'd keep the #19 pick.
Fister on the Giants - I don't even want to think about the fan equivalent of the Melkmen.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fister on the Giants - I don't even want to think about the fan equivalent of the Melkmen.
Prado might fit the bill and Zobrist, though not the greatest, is at least versatile.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The above link leads nowhere at this time.

But :

The deal will pay Peavy base salaries of $7 million in 2015 and $13 million in 2016, the source said. It includes a $4 million signing bonus, a full no-trade clause and an awards package.

... and ...

Giants To Re-Sign Jake Peavy ? MLB Trade Rumors

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres acquire Justin Upton (Passan)

Must admit. Starting to have a little frustration with Giants this offseason. Even though it's not that much their fault. Lester, Tomas, Sandoval took other offers and farm system is thin.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres acquire Justin Upton (Passan)

Must admit. Starting to have a little frustration with Giants this offseason. Even though it's not that much their fault. Lester, Tomas, Sandoval took other offers and farm system is thin.

Surprised they would acquire 3 OFers this offseason. I assume Seth Smith is now available. Doubt they would deal him to us, those.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with this news, it's official, we punted 2015, shooting for 2016.

It's not that they CAN'T make the playoffs, it's just that they will hope for a lot of breaks to get there vs pushing for it: Panik, Belt improving, Pagan and everyone staying healthy, Cain coming back strong, Peavy giving us a whole year of what he gave down the stretch, etc.

I'll be rooting for it hard, but won't be at all surprised if we fall short. And as stated before I'm completely ok with this. If the 3 in 5 FO thinks this is the best long term plan then so do I. :nod:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not that they CAN'T make the playoffs, it's just that they will hope for a lot of breaks to get there vs pushing for it: Panik, Belt improving, Pagan and everyone staying healthy, Cain coming back strong, Peavy giving us a whole year of what he gave down the stretch, etc.

I'll be rooting for it hard, but won't be at all surprised if we fall short. And as stated before I'm completely ok with this. If the 3 in 5 FO thinks this is the best long term plan then so do I. :nod:

I agree that the punting team is on the field. Can't say I like it, but I also can't say I disagree with the strategy.

Sandoval wanted a change if scenery. Nit a lot the Giants could do about that, and the contract he signed would have been a HORRIBLE contract for the Giants to sign.

Lester had no interest in SF going in, but the giants made a good push to get into the discussion. In the end, Boston and Chicago simply had too much pull on him going into the negotiations. His contract MAY up being an albatross in the long run.

All of the other options had had rather large warts attached (Upton was vocal about not wanting to play in AT&T; Shields and Scherzer would have cost WAY too much money AND #19; we don't have the prospects to get Myers, and I am not sure he is a good risk both physically and clubhouse-wise).

I am still not ready to throw in the towel, though. I still wonder if there is a chance we pick up Tony Parker's ex-wife to play 3B. That would be something to watch.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pissed that they are not trying to improve right now but I guess I am too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the punting team is on the field. Can't say I like it, but I also can't say I disagree with the strategy.

Sandoval wanted a change if scenery. Nit a lot the Giants could do about that, and the contract he signed would have been a HORRIBLE contract for the Giants to sign.

Lester had no interest in SF going in, but the giants made a good push to get into the discussion. In the end, Boston and Chicago simply had too much pull on him going into the negotiations. His contract MAY up being an albatross in the long run.

All of the other options had had rather large warts attached (Upton was vocal about not wanting to play in AT&T; Shields and Scherzer would have cost WAY too much money AND #19; we don't have the prospects to get Myers, and I am not sure he is a good risk both physically and clubhouse-wise).

I am still not ready to throw in the towel, though. I still wonder if there is a chance we pick up Tony Parker's ex-wife to play 3B. That would be something to watch.

I guess the Giants disagree with you since they offered even more than the Red Sox did I'm told.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What if they now acquire Fister, Zobrist, and Prado? Are they punting then?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if they now acquire Fister, Zobrist, and Prado? Are they punting then?

And if Monkeys start to fly, we will be in Oz.

Until that happens, the team is moving forward with a very measured plan of attack. Based on what has happened to this point, I think msg's read on the situation is rather accurate.

I doubt Fister is on the way, given the signing of Peavy. Who would be bumped from the rotation in that scenario? Timmeh? As much as I would love to see it, I just don't think that is happening.