• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 recruiting class early commit.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really excited after reading this kid committed to us, doesn't look like any QB is going to be able to get complacent anytime soon:
Blake Barnett becomes the second verbal to the 2015 Notre Dame Fighting Irish recruiting class, joining Offensive Tackle, Jerry Tillery.
Notre Dame beat out UCLA and other Pac-12 schools for the prospect whose recruitment was sure to go national swiftly. Barnett was offered on an un-official visit to Notre Dame for the USC game, and returned this weekend for BYU.
The 6’4” 200 pound quarterback out of Corona is a true dual-threat and has been compared to Marcus Mariota, with a more polished arm at this point in their careers. And while he began his recruitment as a 3 star prospect, he quickly became considered one of the best quarterback prospects in the nation after a stellar junior year and inside sources claiming he is the best high school quarterback in the nation, not just his class.
Barnett has been working with QB guru, Steve Clarkson, one of the best QB coaches in the country. Clarkson worked with former Notre Dame QB, Jimmy Clausen.
Black Barnett is not only the total package for the Irish at quarterback citing a big body, definite mobility, and a live arm, but he will be an invaluable catalyst for the 2015 recruiting class. He understands the value of an early verbal and it’s effect on the rest of the 2015 class.
From the Irish turning point Facebook page.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we might end up with the #1 class. good class so far

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really excited after reading this kid committed to us, doesn't look like any QB is going to be able to get complacent anytime soon:

From the Irish turning point Facebook page.

No offense man, but 2015 is a longgggg ways away and I consider verbals paper thin at the very least. Sounds like a great recruit though!

GO IRISH!!!!

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we might end up with the #1 class. good class so far

Whooa slow down there. Get back to me this time next year and tell me if we're in line for the #1 class. Way to early for that talk. As we have learned in recent years, these things are hardly set in stone, and the fact that this kid works with Clarkson concerns me. Clarkson is a big time USC homer and I bet he could be turned to the dark side, even though he seemed like he was pointed this way, having come back a second time this season.

I am not even sure how well this class will hold together, and whether we will ultimately land the pieces we need to finish in the top 10 in the recruiting rankings.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whooa slow down there. Get back to me this time next year and tell me if we're in line for the #1 class. Way to early for that talk. As we have learned in recent years, these things are hardly set in stone, and the fact that this kid works with Clarkson concerns me. Clarkson is a big time USC homer and I bet he could be turned to the dark side, even though he seemed like he was pointed this way, having come back a second time this season.

I am not even sure how well this class will hold together, and whether we will ultimately land the pieces we need to finish in the top 10 in the recruiting rankings.

I never said they will get the #1 class Im just stating its looking like a good class that has a shot to be a #1 class.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they will get the #1 class Im just stating its looking like a good class that has a shot to be a #1 class.

I know you did. And with only two commits for 2015, (granted both are pretty well-regarded), its too early to even speculate whether or not we could have the #1 class. I'd say we have as good a chance as the perennial top 5 teams in recruiting rankings, but thats becasue we have few data points and a lot of real estate between now and then.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but a lot of top recruits have ND on top or next to the top of their list. Lets just hope we continue to add the right players.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the player they really need in 2015 is Jashon Cornell