• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL Combine Thread

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Jalen Collins. I know he's getting some love recently due to his measurable and size, but I was not impressed with his play. He plays back and hesitant too often.

Bryce Hager impressed me out of the LB'ers ... gonna watch some game film to see how his on field looks like.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am anxious to see the DBs run. Right now, I'm leaning to trade back in order to get a few studs on D, unless Chip can swing a trade for MM, without giving away the farm. We need to come away this offseason with studs at S, 2 CBs, ILB, OLB, WR, and OL. Free agency will be critical, to put it mildly.

Lol. So the Eagles need 9 studs? Coming off back to back 10-6 seasons? Really, at this point the team has two starting jobs open (S & CB) open. Those other 7 studs will find themselves coming off the bench at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see a strong off season as much as the next guy, but lets not convince ourselves the cupboard is bare. If everyone comes back strong and healthy who is under contract, this is a damn good team by just replacing the two guys whose contracts have expired. Again, I am not advocating complacency, just offering up a little bit of realism as to the current state of the roster. WR & OL for instance are strengths of this team.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of us loved Vic Beasley last year, hoping he would declare for the draft. What a physical specimen this kid is. Those numbers are flat out freaky!! Same with Bud Dupree.

Last edited:

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Kendricks is a favorite of mine. He posted some very good numbers, very explosive vert at 38inches as well. He'll probably go at the top of round 2, he might sneak into late first but I'm not sure. Maybe Perryman's slow 40 allows him to drop to our 2nd round pick. Chris Borland had similar combine numbers to Perryman. These are both aggressive downhill players with instincts and should outplay their size and overall lack of top notch athletic ability. Only concern with Perryman is his man to man ability in coverage.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Jalen Collins. I know he's getting some love recently due to his measurable and size, but I was not impressed with his play. He plays back and hesitant too often.

Bryce Hager impressed me out of the LB'ers ... gonna watch some game film to see how his on field looks like.

I've watched a couple tapes on Jalen Collins and I came away unimpressed as well. I still have more work to do overall with this DB group including Jalen, but he doesn't look very natural out there. I agree that he allows too much underneath. I want to see if these guys can get physical at the line and stay in the hip pocket of these WRs.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if PJ Williams is a good match for our scheme ... he's more of a cover 2 guy where we're more of a man scheme. The only 2 Corners I would even consider in Rd 1 are Peters and Waynes in that order. I'm hoping we take care of Corner in free agency.

Hmm I don't know. I just re-watched some more tape on him. I see a good amount of press man being played, and being played damn well. I see some cover 2 sprinkled in here and there, but he's mostly manned up outside, both at left and right CB. He plays physical and likes to put his hands on WRs at the line, shows the ability to flip his hips and run with the WR. He does a nice job getting his head turned back to the ball and displays the athletic ability to run with guys. He's a physical corner who's not afraid to stick his nose into blockers or the RB on running plays as well. I think he would be a real nice fit in our press man defense. Just my thoughts anyway

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take another look at PJ ... I know he's a physical player, but to me he always looked better reading and reacting as opposed to just manning up. I know FSU used man scheme often, so it shouldn't be hard to find some tape.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. So the Eagles need 9 studs? Coming off back to back 10-6 seasons? Really, at this point the team has two starting jobs open (S & CB) open. Those other 7 studs will find themselves coming off the bench at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see a strong off season as much as the next guy, but lets not convince ourselves the cupboard is bare. If everyone comes back strong and healthy who is under contract, this is a damn good team by just replacing the two guys whose contracts have expired. Again, I am not advocating complacency, just offering up a little bit of realism as to the current state of the roster. WR & OL for instance are strengths of this team.

I guess you are forgetting that Ryans may not be back @ 100%, so a stud is needed there.
We need to replace Herremans with a stud.
We need a stud OL to groom behind Peters (age).
We need 2 CBs - 1 free agent + 1 rookie stud.
We need to replace Cooper with a stud. One with a lot of speed.
We need to sign a veteran OLB (Worilds?) in free agency, to replace Cole and/or Graham, so we don't have to count on Smith to develop right now.

Let's see - that is 7 studs. Who said I asked for 9??

The OL group is getting old (Peters, Mathis, Herremans), NOT a strength.
The WR corp is average - not very deep, and especially if Maclin leaves. Then we are in trouble.

I think you need to watch what is going on, Mr. Path.

LOL indeed!

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you are forgetting that Ryans may not be back @ 100%, so a stud is needed there.
We need to sign a veteran OLB (Worilds?) in free agency, to replace Cole and/or Graham, so we don't have to count on Smith to develop right now.

The WR corp is average - not very deep, and especially if Maclin leaves. Then we are in trouble.

LOL indeed!
Lol. Okay. We need to find 7-9 players that can make the team. I agree. Just thinking Stud meant a little more.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope someone trades for the redskins pick. A) we need more picks B) they tend to screw the pooch with their selection

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem right now is players making way more than their current play is worth. While some of these players are still on the roster like Cole, Ryans and C Williams ... that money would be better used on free agents or extending young players. So if you can replace these players with rookies or younger free agents ... you should go that route. Cary Williams imo is garbage ... while you don't ideally want to replace both starting Corners in one off season, it also doesn't make much sense to not save the 6.5 mil on Williams when a rook can give you the same thing or better at a fraction of the price. Trent Cole has been a warrior for us, but he's simply on the downside and the 8.4 mil we would save on him can be better used elsewhere. Herremans is another guy who is very replaceable ... much like Cole, he gave us excellent service, but you have to always keep moving forward and looking for the best value.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take another look at PJ ... I know he's a physical player, but to me he always looked better reading and reacting as opposed to just manning up. I know FSU used man scheme often, so it shouldn't be hard to find some tape.

Yeah take another look and let me know what you think. I still have more work to do on Waynes and Peters, but I really like this PJ Williams kid. I already know you use this website, but he's the games I watched: http://draftbreakdown.com/players/pj-williams/ 4 2014 games. I like what he did vs DeVante Parker who I love as a WR prospect. There was one long completion down the side that was just the perfect pass, but PJ still had nice coverage.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Okay. We need to find 7-9 players that can make the team. I agree. Just thinking Stud meant a little more.

OK. My meaning of studs in this case, was more than just making the team, but not necessary all-pro's either. I should have said "solid" players. We're good.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the Combine I have developed a genuine liking for Dante Fowler. Watched some YouTube and I'm impressed.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fowler is easily a top 15 guy and possibly even top 10. Very unlikely he makes it to 20. Beasley is likely gone be4 20 as well ... especially after today. What do you guys think of Bud Dupree from Kentucky at 20?

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about Dupree, only what I read on him. Mayock and Davis on NFL.com had this to say.

"As athletic as he is, Dupree was "not consistent enough" at Kentucky, according to Mayock. Fellow analyst Charles Davis said that when he watches tape of Dupree, "I don't find him as much as I'm looking for." In addition, fellow analyst Daniel Jeremiah said Dupree "is not very refined" and "needs a runway" as a pass rusher.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL indeed!

We have as a group the 5 best OL on the league. While 3 of them are long in the tooth, lineman often play into their mid to late thirties. Herremans coming back will help not hurt the team. No free agent will be looking to come here and it doesn't make sense to spend higher than a third rounder on a guy that probably won't play for three years.

yes WR can be upgraded and they drafted the replacements last year. Matthews and Huff will both be vying for Coopers job. Assuming Maclin stays it would be a waste to add any significant WR.

OLB you keep one of Graham or Cole and then have Marcus Smith and Travis Long fifth for the backup snaps.

The CB pickings look a little slim so you keep Williams for another year so your rookie doesn't have to start.

you keep Ryans for another year and draft a rookie to learn from him.

So at the end of the day you are still only replacing 2 starters via free agency and drafting a corner and inside linebacker in the first two rounds to challenge and learn from the vets. Then you draft a developmental Lineman in the third.

Beyond that you look at the options of parting with Williams, Ryans, Cole, Herremans and even Shady. But only if you feel you can upgrade. It's opportunistic but not altogether necessary. These are good veteran players that are arguably overpaid. But you don't move on until you have a better player.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fowler will be top ten if not top 5, dupree top 15,

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about Dupree, only what I read on him. Mayock and Davis on NFL.com had this to say.

"As athletic as he is, Dupree was "not consistent enough" at Kentucky, according to Mayock. Fellow analyst Charles Davis said that when he watches tape of Dupree, "I don't find him as much as I'm looking for." In addition, fellow analyst Daniel Jeremiah said Dupree "is not very refined" and "needs a runway" as a pass rusher.
One thing to keep in mind with Dupree is how often he was asked to drop back into coverage ... he wasn't just a pass rushing LB which bodes well for our system. In the two Kentucky games I watched (as noted in the draft thread earlier this year) Dupree was all over the place making plays. His Combine #'s are flat out sick for his size ... I'd take him at 20 in a heartbeat.