• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL College Football Draft Master Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big and nasty on offense, and big, fast, and nasty on defense. Tomorrow ought to be very interesting.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barksdale's IQ is lower than Randy Gregory's!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am out. Later Retro

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cute? Liquor? Pizza? Really don't understand my brothers. My only missed pick was Cann otherwise this has been a great draft so far and as the days go by the taking heads will say it. The Brown pick was a result of the loss of Cann. Lets look at it.

Best RB in the draft. Injury but will be a beast, period. A
OT from Wisconsin to play RT. All they do is run the ball better than almost anyone else. A-
OT from Louisville. A road grader that is nasty to work in the middle at OG. B+
3rd best QB in the draft to make sure we have the QB of the future and can work behind Foles. A

If you think I'm wrong about the grades, think and then read what everyone is saying. I already have.:nod:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramik Wilson is somebody i bet we try to look at next based off their draft visits.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am LOVING the draft so far. Gurley is a true IMPACT player. Love Havenstein and Brown, a couple of the many hosses available in rounds 2 and 3. Yes, I would have liked Petty or Hundley but getting Mannion is not a bad thing.

For tomorrow I see WR in the 4th, DB and ILB in the 6th and OL in the 7th

Night everyone!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramik Wilson is somebody i bet we try to look at next based off their draft visits.

Definitely. I could see Wilson or maybe a CB/S in the 4th, depending on who falls to the pick. I was hoping Frank Clark would fall due to his off the field issues, but the Seahawks actually jumped on him pretty early.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've fallen into calling players reaches as well, but we're basing this on ratings by talking heads on TV, not the teams themselves. Supposedly Mannion has already greatly improved his footwork, so that's an added bonus. The knock on Petty is that he'll have a LONG learning curve coming from such a simplistic offense (for QBs, basically a one read offense) and the knock on Hundley is similar, plus the fact that he got sacked a staggering amount of times for such an athletic runner.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC12 still dominating the 2015 NFL Draft...

25 PAC12
22 SEC
20 ACC
15 Big10
07 Big12

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the draft as well.

I try not to get too worked up over supposed reaches as that is way too subjective. Everyone is going to value a player differently.

I liked that they addressed the OL with two big guys that can maul. It's only going to help the ground and pound philosophy game plan.

And I actually liked the Mannion pick. Those 4 QB's were so tightly knit together, you really can't say one was better than the other. The Rams obviously felt Mannion was the 3rd best QB, so I'm fine with him at th end of the third because there is no way any of those 4 QB's were going to be around when the Rams pick toward the end of the 4th round.

And had they missed out on those 4 developmental QB's ( much like they did last year,), there are no other QB's worth taking that would stick ( Much like last year with the 6th round QB ). Better to "reach" if you choose to buy into that versus missing out completely- again.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Jamon Brown fan.
I like Mannion more than Petty and Hundley but I'm skeptical...I think they drafted the next Nick Foles

The Wisconsin OT wasn't even on my radar but I saw plenty of his run blocking when I was watching Gordon. Could be an excellent fit

Solid draft imo

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, after Blue posted, I ran over to a couple of places and did some more research. I wanted both Gurley and Havenstein and Brown may not be as much of reach as I originally thought. Mannion is going to be a project but he'll get two-to-three years of holding a clipboard and we have Davis and Keenum to fight it out for the second spot. I knew Havenstein was the guy and I expect him to be the new RT. I am fairly certain after watching some more tape on Brown that those two are going to be the right side of our O-line come August. Both are HUGE men. 6'6+ and easily in the 330lb and above range and mean and nasty maulers. So this draft is really shaping up to be a very good one. We shall see how well Snisher finishes this one out tomorrow.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, after Blue posted, I ran over to a couple of places and did some more research. I wanted both Gurley and Havenstein and Brown may not be as much of reach as I originally thought. Mannion is going to be a project but he'll get two-to-three years of holding a clipboard and we have Davis and Keenum to fight it out for the second spot. I knew Havenstein was the guy and I expect him to be the new RT. I am fairly certain after watching some more tape on Brown that those two are going to be the right side of our O-line come August. Both are HUGE men. 6'6+ and easily in the 330lb and above range and mean and nasty maulers. So this draft is really shaping up to be a very good one. We shall see how well Snisher finishes this one out tomorrow.

Glad to see you came around Retro.

These posters need to understand the FO has been fine combing through these players for 4 months and spending an unthinkable amount of hours setting up their board.

If they have a guy rated at the top of their board and he's available, they are going to take him. They aren't thinking " well, Kiper thinks he's a 3rd to 4th round talent so maybe we shouldn't take him here ".

The Rams are building a team to compete in the NFCW which has sent a team to the SB 3 straight years.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure we can count on both starting from game one. Would be nice, but even Greg Robinson took a month before getting his first start. I still think Barksdale or another vet comes in as insurance. Fisher supposedly even said tonight that he'd like to have him back.

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure we can count on both starting from game one. Would be nice, but even Greg Robinson took a month before getting his first start. I still think Barksdale or another vet comes in as insurance. Fisher supposedly even said tonight that he'd like to have him back.

I'm guessing the vet will be the guard from ATL Blalock. He would be way cheaper then Barksdale.

Love the two linemen we signed I think they will move Brown to guard with Havenstein playing RT. Both of these guys excell in run blocking.

Not crazy about the QB pick. I like Mannion but why did we give up a pick for Keenum if you're going to draft a QB in the 3rd?? Are we going to cut Keenum again wth. I knew when we picked up the extra 3rd pick they would get a QB. I would have just waited till next year to get one.

Last edited:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crazy about the QB pick. I like Mannion but why did we give up a pick for Keenum if you're going to draft a QB in the 3rd?? Are we going to cut Keenum again wth

No, I think Davis will be the one cut. We will have Foles,Keenum and Mannion on the 53 and maybe another on the PS. Plus we only gave up a 7th rounder for Keenum.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For tomorrow I see WR in the 4th, DB and ILB in the 6th and OL in the 7th

I am changing my mind. No WR in this draft. None of the WR left are better than who we have on the roster IMO. ILB and FS/CB should be the 4th round focus. Whichever we do not snag in 4, get them in 6 along with another o lineman. Then either an OLB or FS/CB in round 7.
Just an off the top of my head mock:

Round 4 - Ramik Wilson or Adrian Amos (although my boy Reese Dismukes might be there..:yes:)
Round 6 - Mike Hull or Kurtiss Drummond
Round 6 - Andrew Donnal or Greg Mancz
Round 7 - JR Tavai or Deshazor Everett