• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL College Football Draft Master Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to go there with you Shopson. You didn't get it back when we had the original discussions and it is obvious now you remain without understanding of the matter.

What does La'el have to prove then? He hasn't been a problem in his past; his ex was murdered and he hasn't yet been a suspect. It's not like he dragged a woman down the stairs or had multiple drug issues, like the guy the Rams appeared ready to draft in the second round.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People's perceptions can be skewed and duplicitous especially during any major sports draft and if the Rams were prepared to draft a similar type in the second round as you state shopson, then they are being more consistent than most. Afterall they were ready to draft Collins in the 7th.

The reason I stated that I am glad the Rams did not draft him because even though he may be innocent of all that has happened to him, those sorts of things become a potential distraction (the legal activity alone will drag on for years) that creates a media dog and pony show, i.e. Michael Sam and others.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does La'el have to prove then? He hasn't been a problem in his past; his ex was murdered and he hasn't yet been a suspect. It's not like he dragged a woman down the stairs or had multiple drug issues, like the guy the Rams appeared ready to draft in the second round.
I am glad we didn't draft him in the 7th too. Drafting Collins in the 7th was risky business at the time Shops, he wasn't able to clear his name until after the draft so if in fact he was guilty our organization was set up for a lot of drama & negative pub. since all 31 teams had avoided drafting him for 6 rounds even though he was clearly 2nd round talent.

That said, it's too bad we didn't win out against the Cowgirls of all team once he did clear his name. :lol:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with Retro on this. When a player, especially a rookie gets to pick and choose witch team he wants to go to, then he is a head case. This shouldn't be allowed. If a team decides that it wants to select a player he should go there. What if all players did this? Refuse to sign if picked? .....BS

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Retro on this. When a player, especially a rookie gets to pick and choose witch team he wants to go to, then he is a head case. This shouldn't be allowed. If a team decides that it wants to select a player he should go there. What if all players did this? Refuse to sign if picked? .....BS

You mean like John Elway? Eli Manning? Good thing this has never happened before, lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad we didn't draft him in the 7th too. Drafting Collins in the 7th was risky business at the time Shops, he wasn't able to clear his name until after the draft so if in fact he was guilty our organization was set up for a lot of drama & negative pub. since all 31 teams had avoided drafting him for 6 rounds even though he was clearly 2nd round talent.

That said, it's too bad we didn't win out against the Cowgirls of all team once he did clear his name. :lol:

He hasn't cleared his name of anything. All that is known now is the same that was known at the draft; that the authorities wanted to talk to him about possible suspects.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like John Elway? Eli Manning? Good thing this has never happened before, lol.

Doesn't matter, it isn't right! When Eli was drafted I thought the same at the time. Funny how you guys always turn it into a gay thing.......LOL!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think that a player being drafted has the right to select which team he goes to?

No, but also do not think it classifies them as a head case, especially in Collins' case. He just lost millions of dollars because someone he used to date was killed, compounding the shock and loss with a major hit to his career.

To me, the situation is much worse with prima donnas like Elway and Eli.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but also do not think it classifies them as a head case, especially in Collins' case. He just lost millions of dollars because someone he used to date was killed, compounding the shock and loss with a major hit to his career.

To me, the situation is much worse with prima donnas like Elway and Eli.

ok then, or should I have said, possible head case? Which is why I believed we passed on him. Its the draft, no one knows for sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok then, or should I have said, possible head case? Which is why I believed we passed on him. Its the draft, no one knows for sure.

They avoided him because he might not have signed, which is a somewhat smart move (depends on how much you value a 7th round pick). Head cases don't seem to be an issue for the Rams, as it seems they were prepped to pick DGB in the second round (were trying to trade up with the Jags, then traded down when he was picked just before their own pick).

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be better in the vent thread. Not draft. Do what you like.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't cleared his name of anything. All that is known now is the same that was known at the draft; that the authorities wanted to talk to him about possible suspects.
Not true, he wasn't able to meet with the police prior to the draft and since has been able. While you are right he hasn't actually 'cleared' his name he is no longer wanted by the police to speak with them. As a matter of fact he was never even a suspect rather police only wanted to hear from him and the unknown was too much for all 32 teams to take a flyer even with his potential 1st round draft projection.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the NE Patriots lifestyle and I hate them. Is there any hope Doctor Vita.
Considering the circumstances ozarkram, this is a completely acceptable feeling. :suds:

The hope ozarks, is the NE Patriots lifestyle will find the organization in shambles for years to come. :nod:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the circumstances ozarkram, this is a completely acceptable feeling. :suds:

The hope ozarks, is the NE Patriots lifestyle will find the organization in shambles for years to come. :nod:
I am glad you saw the humor. Was going for the whole Doctor Phil thing. Doesn't take away from your original post. I agree with that.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to have kids. Some people can't have kids. Doesn't make anyone selfish at all. I just believe that the human race is supposed to reproduce or we wouldn't be here.

And I'm just tired of the media more than anything. I have no problems with people that respect me and I try to respect others as well. Some people get special :nono: treatment, but overall I treat everyone the same.

Just like them big ole titties.
I'd like to note the modification here....

Now them big titties are big ole titties! :lol: