• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL College Football Draft Master Thread

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its still a risk. Don't expect him to be ready in Week 1. They won't rush him. I have s feeling 2016 will be his coming out party. Which may be a good thing we surly will have the line fixed by then lol.

Every draft pick is a risk...Every...Single...One...No one expects Gurley ready for week one, they always said he'll likely be ready by mid-season which would be a huge boost to our offense at that time. Plenty of time to learn the playbook and actually see the offense run before plugging into it.

He was the number 1 player on our board, it means the Rams have done their due diligence and feel comfortable with his injury history.
Even if he doesn't play until 2016, we have a hell of a weapon waiting for us.

As for the o-line, that'll likely be fixed over the next few days with draft picks and signing Barksdale.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM trying to like the pick but man it's so risky. He's an absolute beast but that was BEFORE the knee blowout so you never know how he will be. I think he missed a few games in 13 also. What bothers me is we were covered at RB with Mason, Cunninham, Stacy and this is such a great DEEP draft for running backs? We could get a solid RB in the second or third rd imo. I don't think there was a Olinemen worth taking at 10 in the Rams defense I would have liked to see them trade back with the Chargers who wanted a RB and then draft Evring or someone else even Gordon with an extra pick in our pocket. I guess I'll like it better if we resign Barksdale and land a Guard today. Let's hope the Rams have some things in the works behind the scene we don't know about regarding the OLine
If there was no value in a trade down at 10 and you have a guy rated No. 1 on your board still there at 10 it's a slam dunk IMO.

For those that think we are set at RB, then let me ask you, would you trade our No. 10 for Lynch? If so, then it's not about the position, it's about the quality of player.

IMO, Todd will be tearing it up THIS year for the Rams.

Last edited:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack Stacy is pissed off!.. Man it would be nice to swap him for a decent interior lineman ASAP!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack Stacy is pissed off!.. Man it would be nice to swap him for a decent interior lineman ASAP!

Tre Mason tweets ..."Doubting me?"

Tre, you'll have half a season to put any doubt to bed. Besides this is about the 1,2 punch now and there should be no doubt that competition will make you better, right?

I don't see the problem.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was no value in a trade down at 10 and you have a guy rated No. 1 on your board still there at 10 it's a slam dunk IMO.

For those that think we are set at RB, then let me ask you, would you trade our No. 10 for Lynch? If so, then it's not about the position, it's about the quality of player.

IMO, Todd will be tearing it up THIS year for the Rams.

Yes I would but Lynch didn't have a bad knee coming out. It's just a bigger risk they are taking. I find it hard to believe if Scherrf or Flowers were there they wouldn't have been the pick... I think that's kinda the norm to say he was #1 on the board.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM trying to like the pick but man it's so risky. He's an absolute beast but that was BEFORE the knee blowout so you never know how he will be. I think he missed a few games in 13 also. What bothers me is we were covered at RB with Mason, Cunninham, Stacy and this is such a great DEEP draft for running backs? We could get a solid RB in the second or third rd imo. I don't think there was a Olinemen worth taking at 10 in the Rams defense I would have liked to see them trade back with the Chargers who wanted a RB and then draft Evring or someone else even Gordon with an extra pick in our pocket. I guess I'll like it better if we resign Barksdale and land a Guard today. Let's hope the Rams have some things in the works behind the scene we don't know about regarding the OLine

True. But I am sure they explored trading back and had nothing offered that was great.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pick.. I don't think anyone saw this coming. The kid looks like the real deal! I know its early, but man.. we are beginning to run out of options at o-line.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on SJ...wipe the cake off your face!!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tre, you'll have half a season to put any doubt to bed. Besides this is about the 1,2 punch now and there should be no doubt that competition will make you better, right?

I don't see the problem.

gotta keep Tre happy, everybody wants to be the #1 go to guy.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I was kind of hoping that somehow someway that Kevin White would fall to us. ~Pipe dream~

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see the problem.
Yeah, its everyone behind Mason who is f'd.

Drafting Gurley at 10 is a total Mark Cuban move. When everyone zigs, find value in zagging and hope you get lucky. Its a passing league and everyone is jumping over themselves to improve their passing game including the Rams the past 5 years. Might as well double down on running the ball to get Foles acclimated.

This is a double whammy on the risk scale, though. RBs have short careers and he is coming off an injury. It is also a slight locker room risk considering that they went all in on Greg Robinson and then they drafted Tre Masons replacement.

Gurley's college tape is amazing, though, and putting him in the lineup midseason means the Rams will get their new olinemen time to figure things out.

Picking RB is the same as picking WR. WRs hold value through the later rounds, too, and picking a WR wouldve ruffled feathers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the risk has been overstated though. He was virtually everyone's best RB in the draft with the injury and as a sure-fire first rounder when RBs haven't been for several years now. They showed him running flat out on a treadmill during the draft, so he's on his way. McGahee helicoptered his knee in college and fully recovered; Gurley's injury was just an ACL that he walked off the field with after.

Ruffling feathers is part of the business, as every draft pick means someone could be losing their job. Zach Stacy being publicly upset is a bit childish IMO, as he could even get carries last year as the year went along. Once Mason established himself, Stacy dropped to at least the #3 anyway.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Collins OT/G is there at #9 in the 2nd, take him. He will not be charged. Yes this is my legal opinion.

Trade Stacy. Now that he is #4, the return wont be so good but we can get some O Line depth.

Draft O Line in next 2-3 rounds.

When Cooper, White and Scherff were gone I was in on the trade down bandwagon. Apparently the other NFL teams were not. Was surprised by Gurley, but he probably was the closest to top 10 value for us.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley's running style reminds me of the footage Ive seen of OJ Simpson. Great vision, usually makes a cut somewhere to make someone miss and when he hits the hole, Gurley is gone.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye Bye Zac Stacy, we hardly knew you.

Hello, greatness. Our next great RB has entered stage left, now Foles should have a great running game to help him out. Now just need to add a LB and oline help

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley's running style reminds me of the footage Ive seen of OJ Simpson. Great vision, usually makes a cut somewhere to make someone miss and when he hits the hole, Gurley is gone.

Yep. Speed and Power! It's not fair to compare him to AP but they have very similar styles.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reunite Gurley with AJ Cann?

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cann would be nice. I'm also intrigued by La'el Collins. If he's not a suspect and say he's available in the third round, I'd love the Rams to take him.

And is Randy Gregory too good to pass up if he's available in the 2nd round?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cann would be nice. I'm also intrigued by La'el Collins. If he's not a suspect and say he's available in the third round, I'd love the Rams to take him.

I just don't see where Gregory would play on our D. He's only 225 pounds imo he's just to light.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I'm in the Rams front office, I would've spent all day today finding out as much as I could about the Collins situation. If it looks like he really does have nothing to do with this and they can confirm this somehow, I might take him with our second rounder. Why take the chance another team is thinking the same? The guy has first round talent, we all know it, just not sure he'd be there when we pick in the third if it can be proven this is a BS concern.