• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Free Agent Destinations

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want Markakis.

And 7 or 8 relievers that don't stink.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want Markakis.

And 7 or 8 relievers that don't stink.

I think Markakis is going to be a highly sought-after asset this off-season.

Unfortunately, that means he will end up getting GROSSLY over-paid. He should not get anything over 12-13M, but I have a feeling SOMEONE will end up giving him a contract with an AAV approaching the 17.5 that the O's rejected on the option (He wont get there, but I can see him getting something like a 3/42).

For the top spending teams, a 3/42 is not a disaster for a guy who plays 145-155 games a year, but it is a sizable chunk of change if he continues his last 2 years of production.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Markakis is going to be a highly sought-after asset this off-season.

Unfortunately, that means he will end up getting GROSSLY over-paid. He should not get anything over 12-13M, but I have a feeling SOMEONE will end up giving him a contract with an AAV approaching the 17.5 that the O's rejected on the option (He wont get there, but I can see him getting something like a 3/42).

For the top spending teams, a 3/42 is not a disaster for a guy who plays 145-155 games a year, but it is a sizable chunk of change if he continues his last 2 years of production.

I've been thinking 3-45 would get it done for Detroit. No more than what we were shelling out to Hunter to pretend he could still play D. (Maybe a little, no sizeable salary increase anyway)Better contact hitter, draws more walks, (Hunter draws none.) his doubles would go up significantly in Detroit. Love to see him in the two hole and playing top shelf D in right.

NM is no superstar, but he could help many, if not most teams. One of the better all around position players available IMO.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking 3-45 would get it done for Detroit. No more than what we were shelling out to Hunter to pretend he could still play D. (Maybe a little, no sizeable salary increase anyway)Better contact hitter, draws more walks, (Hunter draws none.) his doubles would go up significantly in Detroit. Love to see him in the two hole and playing top shelf D in right.

NM is no superstar, but he could help many, if not most teams. One of the better all around position players available IMO.

I totally agree. But going 15M AAV for a slightly above average starter is just painful to come to terms with.

And for the record, I want the Giants to make a run at him. I would rather have them sign NM for 3/45 or 3/48 than Panda for 6/100.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the Red Sox get in on Sandoval though you got to think San Fran's going to be doing all they can to keep him there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the Red Sox get in on Sandoval though you got to think San Fran's going to be doing all they can to keep him there.

What kind of contract has been thrown around in the Sox circles?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. But going 15M AAV for a slightly above average starter is just painful to come to terms with.

And for the record, I want the Giants to make a run at him. I would rather have them sign NM for 3/45 or 3/48 than Panda for 6/100.

If VMart leaves Id be happy with Panda in Detroit. Castellanos is not a good third baseman and there aren't many switch hitters available for the middle of the order. That 6-100 level doesn't make me want it to happen though.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont understand Red Sox fans infatuation with him. He is not worth the kind of contract someone is going to sign him for.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing rumors Seattle is interested in Hanley.....also hearing their interested in Vmart.... standard M's mo. Get your name thrown around with all the big hitters, fall just short of signinig them.

Throw the old "we tried to fix the offense by signing ..... but they just took a huge contract from ......"

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing rumors Seattle is interested in Hanley.....also hearing their interested in Vmart.... standard M's mo. Get your name thrown around with all the big hitters, fall just short of signinig them.

Throw the old "we tried to fix the offense by signing ..... but they just took a huge contract from ......"

Only 1 team can sign each big FA. And you did get Cano last year.

The Ms have all that Japanese money, so I think they actually have the scratch to compete with the 2nd-tier (financially speaking) teams (Giants, Rangers, Tigers, etc).

Their prob comes from the fact that no one ever hears about a Seattle player once they go there. And for hitters, they suffer from the same disadvantage as NL West teams have - a HUGE park.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Ms have all that Japanese money, so I think they actually have the scratch to compete with the 2nd-tier (financially speaking) teams (Giants, Rangers, Tigers, etc).

Their prob comes from the fact that no one ever hears about a Seattle player once they go there. And for hitters, they suffer from the same disadvantage as NL West teams have - a HUGE park.

Dude I wish.......The mariners are nothing more then a money maker for the japanese (owners of nintendo) guys. They have never even been to a game. Not once in the over decade of ownership.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their prob comes from the fact that no one ever hears about a Seattle player once they go there
. And for hitters, they suffer from the same disadvantage as NL West teams have - a HUGE park.

I think that's probably largely due to Seattle not having been a consistently good team in decade...from the mid-'90s to early part of the 2000s when they had five 90+ win seasons, it seemed like many knew their big players (Griffey, A-Rod, Buhner, Edgar, Boone, Olerud, Ichiro, Johnson, Garcia, etc) from that span.

I think it goes without saying, but the lack of winning in a non-NY/Boston type market doesn't give a team much exposure to showcase its stars.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the story if the Mets choose to sign another QO player? They give up a 2nd round pick?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets Sign Michael Cuddyer ? MLB Trade Rumors

Cuddyer to the Mets. Not crazy about forfeiting the 15th overall pick for a 36 year old who was injured last season. He is versatile and can make up for Duda's struggles against lefty pitching. Still need a SS.

Wow. I dont like that signing. His numbers were coors field aided. and the guy can't stay healthy. the last two years seems like he's been on the dl half the time.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I dont like that signing. His numbers were coors field aided. and the guy can't stay healthy. the last two years seems like he's been on the dl half the time.

His numbers away from Coors are very good as well. It's his health and the 15th pick that have me concerned. Maybe the Mets changing the dimensions of Citi will help. Need to sign and trade for more help though, this can't be their lone "big move".

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of signing that keeps some teams perpetually in the middle of the pack. The #15 pick can be an impact player, and they punt it for an aging OFer? WOW.

At least if they only signed him to a 1 yr deal, they would have the chance of QOing him themselves next year (like what Baltimore did with Cruz). 2 years for Cuddyer does not offer that kind of opportunity.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, the Mets have been patient with free agents and have a top 5 farm system, they can afford to cough one up. I just hope they're not done.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: