• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 WVU Football Season Predictions

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright folks. We're just a little over 24 hours before kicking off vs Bama. What does this season hold for our Mountaineers? More of the same or are we going to turn the corner? Maybe DAD gets his wish and they dig up Stew and prop him in the corner? Let's see those predictions! And Let's Gooooooooo Mountaineers!!

:yahoo:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe WVU will finish the regular season 6-6. I would be thrilled if they finished better. But, it is a really tough schedule.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a hard season to forecast. We have a ton of questions and not many answers. Will the O-line hold up? Can Trickett stay healthy? Will the defense be improved? The biggest for this season is, Can we FINISH?

I like our depth. Trickett is healthy. We have two QBs behind Millard who are talented and can play. The defense is much more experienced. I feel good about this year. My concern is whether or not we're deep enough to FINISH. On to my predictions

Game #1 : Alabama L 30-23

Bama struggles early, but finishes strong. A bit of a scare for Bama as WVU's defense victimizes their new QBs. Saban sticks to the ground and wears us down.

Game #2 : Towson W 52-10

A blowout from the start. Feeling confident after staggering Bama, WVU comes out and smokes them early. The offense scores almost at will and the defense begins to form their identity.

Game #3 : @ Maryland W 31-3

This was a lot closer than the scoreindicated last year. This year it isn't close. Maryland is down and we're on the way back up. WVU loves revenge games and they satiate their thirst today.

Game #4 : Oklahoma W 38-34

Oklahoma fans are afraid of this game and we see why. The Sooners come into Morgantown overconfident and go home with the loss.All the bounces go our way, Knight looks like he did for much of last year and we get the shootout we expected. (On a side note, Oklahoma wins every other game this year, goes to the playoffs and wins it all.)

Game #5 : Kansas W 45-14

Kansas goes up 14-0 early. Dad posts that DH is the worst coach ever and should be fired immediately. Then DH gets the team's heads screwed on straight and the rout is on. 45 unanswered and WVU is a shocking 4-1.

Game #6 : @ Texas Tech L 34-24

In a head scratcher, we just forget to show up. TT is more physical, smacks us around like ragdolls and takes it to us.

Game #7 : Baylor L 49-35

They're just too deep on offense and we can't match their scoring. Baylor is just that good on offense.

Game #8 : Oklahoma State L 31-28

Hard fought and closely matched, Okie Jr gets a last second FG to take the win. The 3 game slide has taken us to 4-4 and fear abounds that we are repeating last year.

Game #9 : TCU W 34-21

WVU gets back into form with a home game against the frogs. DH gets a near perfect game as all three phases work together for an important victory.

Game #10 : @Texas W 35-34

Charlie Strong is a cuss word in Texas. The horns have a chance to win the game late, but blow it. WVU escapes with the win and is sitting bowl eligible at 6-4.

Game #11 : Kansas State L 28-14

The Wildcats continue to plague us as their defense wins the day. K State scores 14 points on defense and that is the difference in the game.

Game #12 : Iowa State W 31-13

WVU has the depth to win it this year. Young players are forced into action, but despite their errors, are good enough to overcome the mistakes.

7-5 Regular season. There are so many games that could go either way, this is going to be a wild ride of a year. I see this as a 6-6 or 7-5 team. The thing is that I can see us being 9-3 with some luck, or 3-9 without any. But my call for this year is 7-5 with at least one major upset.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-4
Bama L
Towson W
MD. W
Oklahoma W
Kansas W
TX Tech L
Baylor. L
OSU. L
TCU. W
Texas. W
KSU. W
Iowa st. W

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14-0

Drink the cool aid while you can...we are still undefeated.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14-0

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14-0

Trickett narrowly beats out Winston for Heisman.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only three of us picked but how do you feel about your picks at this point...

With the way the Big 12 is shaping up I feel pretty good about this pick, each team in the Big 12 is showing some weakness.

Kansas is Kansas and I think we are going to lay them out.

Tx Tech I picked as a loss but there seems to be some turmoil down there in Lubbuck...if we were playing them at home I would be more confident, but I still think we have a good shot at beating them.

Baylor I am still going loss here...they have so many weapons I think this team is going to be real good for a long time.

OSU I think we could sneak by them this year again. QB is out for the season and I thought he would kill us since he was so mobile. Again we play them away is my biggest concern

TCU I am sticking with my W, I think their defense is overrated and I think we have it all together by then

I think we own Texas in their house, like Strong or not I do not think he is off to a very good start on the field or off of it....by the time we play them he may not enough players to field a team since he kicked the ninth player off the team yesterday.

KST-----REVENGE THURSDAY NIGHT GAME....if my predictions play out Morgantown will be rocking and we will finally get over the hump and beat these bums. I think them running up the score on us last year is going to be a very big motivator.

Iowa St Still think we beat them, offense will be to good by then for them to stop and White and Trickett will have great games to finish off award winning seasons.

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we at LEAST win 4. I'm going to predict 5.

I think we lose to Baylor, Oklahoma St. I think we split the TCU/UT games.

The Iowa St. game scares me.... The Twilight Zone. But I think we manage to win.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-3

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good DC. Among my predictions for us, you'll also find me naming OU eventual national champs. They certainly look good enough to be that.

That aside, the OU game is the only one I've missed. I think we pick up the TT game with as bad as they've looked. K-State looks beatable too. Although the Cyclones have done much better since their opener. So I'm thinking that maybe we beat K-State and fall to Iowa State... But we'll just have to see how it plays out. I still like 7-5.

DrPhil58

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I wasn't able to make my predictions before the season I will provide you my pre-season predictions and then today's predictions. Pre-season predictions were:

7-5 Losing to Alabama, Oklahoma, Baylor, Texas Tech and OK St.

Today's prediction:

9-3 loss to Alabama and Oklahoma, lose to either Baylor or OK St. I believe WVU has a chance to beat Baylor at home, but really depends on if they can keep from making mistakes on offense (fumbles/interceptions). I also believe they will defeat Kansas St and TCU at home. The road games with Oklahoma State, Texas, and Iowa St. could go either way, but I believe the OK St game will give them the most trouble. The Texas Tech game maybe a close game, but WVU should win that one. That's my early season prediction/assessment. My hope is that the Mountaineers are able to win the rest of their games and end up playing in one of the bigger bowl games.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some time later...

How is everyone feeling now? Do you still liek your predictions?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking WVU is going to do better than the 6-6 record I predicted...

DrPhil58

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came in late on my predictions and I will keep these predictions that I have. It is still possible to lose at OK St, but I feel better about WVU's chances. The games I can see WVU losing to is either Kansas St. or TCU. You never know about an improving Texas team could be a trap game.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that it's all over, how do you guys feel about your predictions? I nailed it with 7-5, even though I did miss a lot of the individual games. lol