• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Trade Deadline

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The next 48 hrs is going to be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard an uniformed person say that Boston will trade Lester for a top prospect (like Bell) - then go all in to re-sign him as a free agent.

Sounds crazy.

...or does it?

Sounds like a great plan for the Red Sox.

I hope we dont trade for a rental... Our prospects have been hitting at a really high rate lately, even our meh prospects like Locke and Mercer are preforming.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope we dont trade for a rental... Our prospects have been hitting at a really high rate lately, even our meh prospects like Locke and Mercer are preforming.

My sources have informed me that the Pirates have emerged as a darkhorse for Lester.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A package for Lester starting with Hanson, Heredia, Ramirez, or Jones (or some combination) would probably be reasonable.

Apparently, the Bucs are also looking at including bullpen help and bench help in the deal, and may move roster players to get that done.

Could be interesting.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A package for Lester starting with Hanson, Heredia, Ramirez, or Jones (or some combination) would probably be reasonable.

Apparently, the Bucs are also looking at including bullpen help and bench help in the deal, and may move roster players to get that done.

Could be interesting.

I'm wondering who the darkhorse is ? There has to be one back there someplace and I wish I knew who it was. The Bucs appear to be all in on this discussion and have all the pieces necessary to make it happen. I'm proud of the Bucs for just being involved

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sources have informed me that the Pirates have emerged as a darkhorse for Lester.

I don't see the Bucs as the darkhorse becuz they've been involved from day 1. There has to be a team back there we aren't hearing about who is making a play for Lester.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ok so on the surface we can say it's a great plan ... except for one thing : what if Lester won't sign with them? I know Lester has said he would but that doesn't mean anything becuz Lester has handled all of this so well. He seems incapable of saying the wrong thing. If anyone thinks this is a legit "strategy" by the Sox then you're nuts. It's a fallback , Hail Mary at best becuz once he's gone anything can happen. Keep in mind the Sox put themselves in this position by low balling the guy to begin with. They have made several attempts during this season to up the offer and Lester won't even answer them so why would anyone believe he will listen over the winter? I think the Sox are trying to bullshit their fans into believing they're smarter than everyone by trading a great pitcher who they've had right in their own house and they couldn't hold onto him. I'm not fooled by any of it and will bet the Sox trade him and never get him back. If Lester hits the market this winter the Yanks will come calling and you can bet your ass Yankee cash will be greener than Boston cash come December.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so on the surface we can say it's a great plan ... except for one thing : what if Lester won't sign with them? I know Lester has said he would but that doesn't mean anything becuz Lester has handled all of this so well. He seems incapable of saying the wrong thing. If anyone thinks this is a legit "strategy" by the Sox then you're nuts. It's a fallback , Hail Mary at best becuz once he's gone anything can happen. Keep in mind the Sox put themselves in this position by low balling the guy to begin with. They have made several attempts during this season to up the offer and Lester won't even answer them so why would anyone believe he will listen over the winter? I think the Sox are trying to bullshit their fans into believing they're smarter than everyone by trading a great pitcher who they've had right in their own house and they couldn't hold onto him. I'm not fooled by any of it and will bet the Sox trade him and never get him back. If Lester hits the market this winter the Yanks will come calling and you can bet your ass Yankee cash will be greener than Boston cash come December.

I agree its a great plan, but it will never happen. I think Lester is really pissed at the Sox front office and cant wait to get out of town.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now the rumor is that Lester & Lackey will be gone in separate deals...

That leaves Buchholz, De La Rosa, Webster, Workman & Doubront?

:omg:

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now the rumor is that Lester & Lackey will be gone in separate deals...

That leaves Buchholz, De La Rosa, Webster, Workman & Doubront?

:omg:

I gotta believe they will jump on the 1st opportunity to send Lackey out of town

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Masterson traded to St. Louis

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Was Masterson able to leave Cleveland this winter without the signing team losing a first rounder?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Was Masterson able to leave Cleveland this winter without the signing team losing a first rounder?

It is now based on qualifying offers. If Cleveland offerred it and he signed elsewhere, they'd get the comp pick.

Now, St Louis can offfer it and get a pick if he signs somewhere else...

I don't think Masterson would accept the deal. He is in line for a big contract....

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is now based on qualifying offers. If Cleveland offerred it and he signed elsewhere, they'd get the comp pick.

Now, St Louis can offfer it and get a pick if he signs somewhere else...

I don't think Masterson would accept the deal. He is in line for a big contract....

But I thought if a player was traded in his final contract year, the receiving team can't make him a qualifying offer and he can leave and sign for a team who wouldn't have to give up their first round pick to do so?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I thought if a player was traded in his final contract year, the receiving team can't make him a qualifying offer and he can leave and sign for a team who wouldn't have to give up their first round pick to do so?

Yep, in order to offer a QO, the player has to have been on your team at least 1 full year.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, in order to offer a QO, the player has to have been on your team at least 1 full year.

Thanks! Good info....

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston trading Felix Doubront to Chicago Cubs.

Yikes! Red Sox are cleaning house!